• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Newsweek interviews Tai Yasue on Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Me too, Yasue, me too.

I hope people recognise the achievements Osaka have done with this game, and the amount of differing content created for the game, rather than getting hung up on pointless and minute problems.

"No Jungle Book area?!??!!?1? 0/10 OsAkA RuInEd KiNgDOm HeaRtS"

Fatal Mode

The PuddleGate issue was one of the stupidest controversies I've ever seen in gaming. My lord, gamers need to get a hobby outside of gaming.

Yea I was really hoping it would be one of those moments for those types of gamers as a whole where they realize how thinking like that can snowball out of control.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Thankfully the fact that the world criticism is so recurrent means it isn't a problem that's minute or pointless to most of the fandom. I hope SE files that away and remembers it for the next game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Can't wait to see all the weird Gummi Ships everyone will make!

Happy it's finally confirmed 100 Acre Wood was the last Disney world, but hooo boy was it a bad idea to not say so sooner.

I get wanting to bring in new people with using the recent movies, but they really better have a nicer balance next time. I wanted to see Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding. ;~;

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think I'm going to make a Gummi Ship thread for everyone to post their designs in. I always loved designing new ships in KHII, my favorite one being my recreation of the sword in the stone from... well, The Sword in the Stone.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I do think the smaller amount of worlds without a diverse offering will eventually be a big negative on KH3's part, but I see why they chose to take this route. The worlds look amazing, and they are bigger than ever with a lot to do on each map. Osaka has done an amazing job!

I imagine in a world where Monsters Inc. and Frozen and 100 Acre Wood weren't leaked a whole year before their announcement, their inclusion would have been satisfying enough to not make us all continuously beg for more worlds.

That said, I feel as though we all have complained enough about this. I don't think we need to circle around the same exhausted topic for the hundredth time.

Can't wait to see all the weird Gummi Ships everyone will make!

You know what would be cool? A way for us to share blueprints with others across the web. Like a community Gummi blueprint hub.

Happy it's finally confirmed 100 Acre Wood was the last Disney world, but hooo boy was it a bad idea to not say so sooner.

Yeah, that should have been clarified right after they released the 100 Acre Wood trailer.

I get wanting to bring in new people with using the recent movies, but they really better have a nicer balance next time. I wanted to see Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding. ;~;

Right ;~~~~; We can dream about it in KH(4?). It is the only reason why I would want to return to Agrabah after spending 15+ years and all of UX there.

First it was Ramen hats, now Ramen ships! The madness never stops.

RAMEN EVERYTHING. Just as long as I don't see a Cup Noodle Gummi Ship, I'm happy!

Fatal Mode

I think I'm going to make a Gummi Ship thread for everyone to post their designs in. I always loved designing new ships in KHII, my favorite one being my recreation of the sword in the stone from... well, The Sword in the Stone.

I'm ready to bring the donut back.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thankfully the fact that the world criticism is so recurrent means it isn't a problem that's minute or pointless to most of the fandom. I hope SE files that away and remembers it for the next game.

People on other discussion boards and social media have largely moved on. Unfortunately for us, it's invaded our threads like a cancer and members absolutely refuse to let it go and continue to derail threads over it lol

Don't think we don't know who in this thread have already looked at the leaks and knew what worlds are in this game, yet insisted on posting about the world count regardless ;)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I always felt kh2 had too many worlds. Especially since a lot of them have very little to do with the plot.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Well, I agree with Yasue on one thing. I never really understood the Gummi Ship builder. I always just used the presets. I’d sacrifice the builder for more FF characters hehe.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm ready to bring the donut back.

Oh, you bet your A$$ I'm making another donut for III! Even if you can't cheese the gummi ships that way anymore, it's still worth it.

Btw, was I the only one that sunk like 15 hours into gummi ship customization and battles in KHII?

I always felt kh2 had too many worlds. Especially since a lot of them have very little to do with the plot.

I wouldn't even say too many, just too little to do in them/terrible level design. I still cannot fathom how people aren't bored out of their minds when they visit Land of Dragons early in the game. I'm serious, I almost stopped playing the game as a little kid when I got to Land of Dragons because I cared so little.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Oh, you bet your A$$ I'm making another donut for III! Even if you can't cheese the gummi ships that way anymore, it's still worth it.

Btw, was I the only one that sunk like 15 hours into gummi ship customization and battles in KHII?

I wouldn't even say too many, just too little to do in them/terrible level design. I still cannot fathom how people aren't bored out of their minds when they visit Land of Dragons early in the game. I'm serious, I almost stopped playing the game as a little kid when I got to Land of Dragons because I cared so little.

Land of dragons isn’t even the biggest offender it’s the pride lands.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Land of Dragons, Pride Lands, Atlantica, Agrabah, and Port Royal are worlds I could have easily done without in KH2.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Honestly, can't argue with that. Isn't Pride Lands technically optional though?

Come to think of it, there's a lot of Disney worlds that disappoint me in II. Port Royal, Atlantica, Land of Dragons, Beast's Castle, Halloweentown, Aladdin... even Timeless River only gets away with what it does because of the aesthetic imo. The plot of that world is honestly not that great.

(the caribbean looks great though and I swear I don't hate everything in KHII don't kill me plz)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Couldn't really do much to salvage the Pridelands. Sure the world was a barren wasteland, but that's how it was at that point in the Lion King film thanks to Scar.

Fatal Mode

That's kind of why worlds weren't a big deal to me quantity-wise. There were a few in 2 I just wanted to skip every time.

I was surprised when I did my series replay recently that I found my self kind of anxiously going through 2 to get a lot of it "over with."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Which is why the worlds in KH3 will be better than KH2 because they actually utilize the film's characters, their world, and their stories to serve a purpose to the overall plot of the game. Less worlds doesn't mean a lesser plot. Instead, it means they have been able to take time and craft a more structured story.

Fatal Mode

Which is why the worlds in KH3 will be better than KH2 because they actually utilize the film's characters, their world, and their stories to serve a purpose to the overall plot of the game. Less worlds doesn't mean a lesser plot. Instead, it means they have been able to take time and craft a more structured story.

That's what I've been hoping and thinking! Not going to lie when I first saw the footage from the premiere event and heard "You've got a friend in me" playing as the world theme I was smiling ear to ear instinctively.

Back