• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New outfits for Disney trio

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alecs27

Hi everyone, I don't post very often but I always visit this site, and I am a little worried for the artistic managing of the Disney main characters, I'm talking about the likes of Mickey, Donald and Goofy. As we've seen, it's just like Nomura doesn't care all that much at drawing them, and my fear is that the three of them will not have even a change of outfit in the saga finale. Let's be honest, I'm really tired to see Donald and Goofy in their old buds since KHII (but maybe in that title is even tolerable), but now I'm just sick of them, but I'm worried that Nomura will not care to change 'em anyway. What do you guys think? You share my opinion? Or do you like their "iconic" outfits?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Mickey really doesn't need a new Outfit, imo. He already has more than Donald and Goofy.
But yeah, both should get new duts. It get's really boring.

Alecs27

Mickey really doesn't need a new Outfit, imo. He already has more than Donald and Goofy.
But yeah, both should get new duts. It get's really boring.
I think that Mickey needs another one 'cause the art style for the all the main characters NEEDS to change (even Pete's) to give a proper visual style to a main title, just like KHII did.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like they will get new outfits. Mickey has had a new outfit for almost every game bar the ones that follow after KH2 chronologically.

Donald and Goofy are well overdue for new outfits considering the ones they have right now are 13 years old...

It wouldn't be right if the third numbered title after 10/11 years wouldn't bring all new everything to the table.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm sure if Goofy and Donald were getting new outfits we would have seen them in the trailer alongside Sora's new one. If it didn't happen in KH2, I doubt it's happening here

Alecs27

I'm sure if Goofy and Donald were getting new outfits we would have seen them in the trailer alongside Sora's new one. If it didn't happen in KH2, I doubt it's happening here
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. That's my biggest fear..

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Mickey's the Barbie doll of Disney, so he'll most certainly have a new outfit.

Donald and Goofy are well overdue for new outfits considering the ones they have right now are 13 years old...
My Glob, their clothes must reek to high heaven by now!
tumblr_lxii0vMgZ01qdevi0.gif

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, it could also be that they are still being designed. Or they just don't wanna show 'em yet. :b

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering how rough Sora's new model looks...and Riku's old one isn't even done and is missing details...and Kairi's old one being incomplete...and Mickey...and Yen Sid...and the fact they won't even show Aqua's face, I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't have the character models for anything done EXCEPT what we've seen of Sora.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No, it could also be that they are still being designed. Or they just don't wanna show 'em yet. :b
What's the point though? Wouldnt it make more sense for them to get new clothes at the same time as sora? And how long would it take for them to come up with new clothes for them, lol?

Muke

whatever
Awards
What's the point though? Wouldnt it make more sense for them to get new clothes at the same time as sora? And how long would it take for them to come up with new clothes for them, lol?
Look at Master Spockanort's new Post for the answer. ^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Or they just aren't showing it. We've seen less than 1% of what comprises KH3 and most of what we have seen is all rough footage that contains nothing close to finished work.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Considering how rough Sora's new model looks...and Riku's old one isn't even done and is missing details...and Kairi's old one being incomplete...and Mickey...and Yen Sid...and the fact they won't even show Aqua's face, I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't have the character models for anything done EXCEPT what we've seen of Sora.
Still though, Donald and Goofy are getting as much screen time as Sora. If Donald and Goofy were meant to get new clothes I'm sure the developers would have made it a top priority to give all the members of the central trio new outfits.

Alecs27

How could they forget about the purple line on Riku's jacket? It's just like they are doing things as faster as they can.. Hoping that they aren't rushing anything, even for the 2.8.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Still though, Donald and Goofy are getting as much screen time as Sora. If Donald and Goofy were meant to get new clothes I'm sure the developers would have made it a top priority to give all the members of the central trio new outfits.
HAHA, that was a good one. Are you sure about that? Since I think he got overall "a bit" more Screen Time. :b
Like, let's take DDD as an Example. Even in that game, they are in the background, which means that they can't have as much Screen Time as Sora..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Getting top priority (if it is happening or not) and actually revealing this stuff are two different things.

There is only one reason they revealed Sora's new outfit during E3 last year and it was to give fans something to look forward to while we wait for them to finally have something concrete that they can show in 2016. The 5 second cutscene of SDG we saw from E3 wasn't even finished and had numerous glitches. Donald and Goofy in their original outfits aren't even completed. Goofy has no tonsil for goodness sake! ;A;

It's all part of a marketing plan, but they also have to have completed work to show before they can market anything and what we are being shown is very clearly of a game still getting assets made.

How could they forget about the purple line on Riku's jacket? It's just like they are doing things as faster as they can.. Hoping that they aren't rushing anything, even for the 2.8.

It's a horrible mistake. They should be ashamed of themselves. Riku fans will not accept this.

Yeah, I hope they aren't. I wouldn't care if they released 2.8 at the end of the year rather than earlier if it means they can get the work done. It probably isn't easy with them having other firms making assets, which means having to quality check them and fix them in-house as well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Furthermore I also doubt that they are working on all new character models parallel at the same time.
Unlike as with the HD Remixes or titles like DDD which used the "old" art style, for the new KH III engine all characters need completely new models.
What we have seen so far in terms of KH III footage looks like as if they're focusing on Sora's model right now alongside the Heartless (old and new, as these also need new models due to an entirely new engine being used) and possibly Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus as all these models have been shown the most in trailers so far.
The reason we haven't yet seen any characters like Rapunzel, Hercules etc. is probably also because their models, if they even exist already for Unreal 4, are not in a status viable to be shown off to the public.
For KH 2.8 it is obvious that other characters will be in the focus and thus they have started on models for Aqua, Mickey, Yen Sid, Riku & Kairi, but they're obviously beta-models that still need some refining.
Donald and Goofy also seem to have new models already, but just like those for 2.8 they're also not really in an advanced stage.

As all parts concerning x[chi] Back Cover only show background scenery with voice overs I'm assuming that actual 3D Models for the Foretellers and Ephemera in KH III-engine do not even exist yet or they're only wireframe objects without textures so far, same most likely goes for all the other major original characters like Ansem the Wise, Terra, Ventus, Naminé, Roxas, Xion, Xemnas etc.

Alecs27

Furthermore I also doubt that they are working on all new character models parallel at the same time.
Unlike as with the HD Remixes or titles like DDD which used the "old" art style, for the new KH III engine all characters need completely new models.
What we have seen so far in terms of KH III footage looks like as if they're focusing on Sora's model right now alongside the Heartless (old and new, as these also need new models due to an entirely new engine being used) and possibly Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus as all these models have been shown the most in trailers so far.
The reason we haven't yet seen any characters like Rapunzel, Hercules etc. is probably also because their models, if they even exist already for Unreal 4, are not in a status viable to be shown off to the public.
For KH 2.8 it is obvious that other characters will be in the focus and thus they have started on models for Aqua, Mickey, Yen Sid, Riku & Kairi, but they're obviously beta-models that still need some refining.
Donald and Goofy also seem to have new models already, but just like those for 2.8 they're also not really in an advanced stage.

As all parts concerning x[chi] Back Cover only show background scenery with voice overs I'm assuming that actual 3D Models for the Foretellers and Ephemera in KH III-engine do not even exist yet or they're only wireframe objects without textures so far, same most likely goes for all the other major original characters like Ansem the Wise, Terra, Ventus, Naminé, Roxas, Xion, Xemnas etc.
As for Chi, I think that the movie cutscenes will be just this, don't know why. Maybe they want to show the foretellers exclusively in KHIII.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As for Chi, I think that the movie cutscenes will be just this, don't know why. Maybe they want to show the foretellers exclusively in KHIII.

I strongly doubt that as just some animated background scenery with some voice overs most likely won't catch anyones interest.
A "cutscene movie" with only scenes like shown in the recent trailers would get even worse critic than the Days- and Coded-movies from the first two Remixes combined.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I strongly doubt that as just some animated background scenery with some voice overs most likely won't catch anyones interest.
A "cutscene movie" with only scenes like shown in the recent trailers would get even worse critic than the Days- and Coded-movies from the first two Remixes combined.

the first e-picturebook

what a time to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back