• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Florida Drug Law sends us all back to the 15th century

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajna

However it is clearly stated that a citizen of the US is innocent until they are proven guilty. I don't see how this should be able to fade with time as other parts have.

Law is basically suffocating Americans and sneakily stifling "freedoms" that are slowly loosening from our grip as citizens. This doesn't include laws concerning Marijuana but it's still true.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
There drug war is not something that can be won, only ended.
I think Victoria took the first step in ending it when they decided they'd no longer teach kids in school to just "SAY NO!". I much prefer the idea we teach kids about responsible drug use, what to do in the event of an OD and how to have a "drug free high". Even if I do think that last one is bullshit.

Here in Queenland, the burden of proof is switched for such things like speeding and other summary offences. Which means that when you get busted for speeding or pissing in public, the cops can just hand you a fine instead of having to send you through the courts for something you CLEARLY did. It's cheaper, it's effecient and I think it works in these cases. But for possession of illegal drugs? Oh boy. What is the US doing?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Police: I'm arresting you for the possession of illegal drugs. You have the right the remain silence and guilty.
Innocent person: Wait what?
Police: Questioning the police I see?
Innocent person: The hell, that's bullshit!
Police: Threatening the police too? Oh boy, this is gonna be good.
Innocent person: Threatening? What? Look, I don't have anything on me man. Where's your proof?
Police: I don't need proof. If you're guilty in my book, then you are guilty. Oh and everything you say and don't say can be used against you.
Innocent person:...

Legit law right there!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I swear every time lol when these threads come up it's always America this America that.

I'm telling you right now just as America got their problems other countries got their problems and Europe as a whole has a fair share of problems right now.

For the record I'm responding to something Ehres said on the first page.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
No Shinjuku! Its JUST Amerca! Lol it is everywhere, there is no single place that does or does not have problems, its wherever there are humans lol

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Cosmic+Amarna

You right it is only in America I know you're just kidding. (Or at least I hope you are)

But I do hate when articles like this happen it's one of those SEE! SEE! everything is bad in america crap it isn't the best, but like I've said it's everywhere on this damn planet.

My thing is if you don't like it here take yourself a trip to the Middle East or South America I bet you'll be thankful at these problems vs. the problems those other countries have.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Well, you have to be an ignorant idiot to think that it's only America that has problems like these

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I swear every time lol when these threads come up it's always America this America that.

I'm telling you right now just as America got their problems other countries got their problems and Europe as a whole has a fair share of problems right now.

For the record I'm responding to something Ehres said on the first page.
The Eurozone most certainly does have its share of problems. But when it comes to the Drug War, which this thread is mostly concerned with, the US takes the cake.

Awards
Nope. In that case, you'll have to proof that the drugs wasn't yours in the first place. Until then, the drugs is considered to be yours.

Really though, laws like this make me sick. If the police/other people hate your guts for some weird reason, they can just accuse you of anything and you'll be seen as guilty.

Wrong. A federal judge struck down the law last year precisely in the event of such circumstances.
It was reinstated with the modified provision that prosecutors must still prove that a defendant knowingly had the drug in their possession. In other words, in the event of someone planting it on them, the burden of proof still lies on the prosecution, as I already said, because the defense can claim that they didn't even know there were drugs there. The only thing this does (and yes it's still wrong) is reverse burden of proof so that the defendant must prove that they were unaware the drugs were illegal. The prosecution must still get passed the hurdles of proving the person A.) possessed drugs and B.) knowingly possessed the drugs.

So basically, the law doesn't require mens rea.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Johnny Stooge

I agree the U.S Drug War while fought with merit it's a losing battle kind of like Vietnam it's one you can't win. I do admit though now them fighting against what ever the heck that guy was smoking down in Miami the Bath Salts that's a legit thing I can get behind that's something that I don't ever want to see.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Ay man don't diss the private prison game, its where all the money is at! Jk Jk fugg that

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Sweetfire13

While they say there were no Bath Salts involved the doctor basically goes on to say how it's impossible to keep track of with new formulation of drugs of synthetic drugs.

Which basically means we won't know if the Mary Jane was clean or not. I've seen people who are high a lot and never once have they acted like that, and even gone that far to be honest.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yeah it wasn't because of the Marijuana, and if it was laced with something...that substance would have came up on the screening.

About the Salts, I don't get how nothing showed up, surely you we have though they would have been able to detect traces of something from it. I have no idea though

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You and me both like I said something else was in there it's just no way regular Marijuana would make someone go insane like that. Even though Humans are capable still it's one of those hard to believe it stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back