• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New clothing for KH characters? And do you think all wielder characters will be playable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

my-sanctuary

So there are probably already too many of these posts out there, I didn't really look to much. I specifically wanted to know why so far no ones clothes have changed? I'm worried about it actually I mean sora's clothes changed because he grew up a little right? Well I hear they are kinda getting a little older in the 3rd one too as of the tease trailer. When sora goes from the scene in dream drop distance into the new digital look for the 3rd game. I never really noticed it until someone said something. Still don't know if it's true or not but whatever.

Anyways I'm really curious about Lea's clothing in particular because he is still wearing the trademark organization 13 coat. He isn't technically of the organization anymore so I really do think he needs a wardrobe change. I did simply adore the yellow plaid scarf he was wearing as a kid. I think Nomura should keep those color scheme aspects. I have attempted to picture him in different clothing but not sure what would look good on older Lea. (Keep the scarf though, :biggrin: I love the scarf) But yeah maybe like, khaki's er something? Dunno. Just throwing it out there.

I also was looking through some posts about what might happen after KH3 as for the main antagonist. Some suspected it would be Vanitas. This made me think that possibly at the end of KH3, do you think we will be able to play all of the keyblade weilder's for the final battle? I mean like a switch off like they did at the end of KH2 when riku and sora are fighting xemnas. It would be AWSOME to be able to play as all of them. It would only be fair anyways, I mean come on there are 13 darkness are only 7 light. We better be able to be awsome! Just my longing hopes anyways what do you guys thing?:confused:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Re: New Clothing for KH characters? And do you thing all weilder characters will be playable?

I'm hoping for everyone to have new outfits. The people I REALLY want to get new outfits are Donald and Goofy. I want them to wear the Royal Knight/Mage attires they had on during KH1 at Disney Castle, it'll help to add to the feel that this is a big war that they're going into.

Antar

Awards
Re: New Clothing for KH characters? And do you thing all weilder characters will be playable?

Right now, nobody knows any of this. All we have is speculations.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I know a lot of people seem to think that Sora's KH2 outfit is overkill, but I personally love it. Sora's character design is my favorite design for any character ever. So, needless to say, I sure hope his new outfit in KH3 is good. I didn't care for his clothes in Dream Drop Distance much, although that may have been due to the fact that he had the appearance of his younger self.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I hope everyone gets a wardrobe change. Give everyone a bit of that DDD simplistic style Nomura, I know you can do it~

Sdog

Awards
I forget where I read it but not too long after the KH3 unveil at E3, Nomura did state in an interview that Sora will be getting a new outfit. I could only assume everyone else will get one too, hopefully Riku won't be having to hold his pants up with one hand, and Kairi won't constantly be pushing a skirt down with hers. As for Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, I hope those three get a slight adjustment to their current outfits. If not it wouldn't be a deal breaker and it wouldn't bother me, but Lea in the XIII robe will.

Narxus

I know a lot of people seem to think that Sora's KH2 outfit is overkill, but I personally love it. Sora's character design is my favorite design for any character ever. So, needless to say, I sure hope his new outfit in KH3 is good. I didn't care for his clothes in Dream Drop Distance much, although that may have been due to the fact that he had the appearance of his younger self.

I agree, my only complaint with the KHII outfit is that they didn't feature it enough (too focused on his KH1 design for some reason)

That being said, I wouldn't mind a new outfit for him in KHIII, and though once again I did like his KHII attire, for the love of gawd, Nomura, tone down the belts, buckles, and zippers, will ya? I appreciate Lulu's dress being more of a challenge to the modellers than anything else, but good lord at least give some of your more current designs some function

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I like simpler outfits. Simple yet punchy, like Mario, or Megaman. Something appealing to the eye.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Looking at Nomura's more current outfits, I think the over abundance of belts, zippers, and buckles is a thing or the past. He's more or less learned not to cram the fuck out of outfits with unnecessary...thiiiiiiings. He still does that sometimes, but it's not as bad as before.

He seems to be more into flowy clothes that are simultaneously loss and tight fitting at the same time these days, like capes, skirts, and baggy pants and tight shirts, armor, and one pieces.

Over time I've become less worried about what the outfits in KH3 will look like. I know a lot of people didn't like the outfits for Sora and Riku in 3D because they looked too much like their KH1 outfits, but I thought they felt like a proper evolution and weren't over exaggerated. I'll be fine with future clothes so long as they have that level of simplicity and make sense with the characters and setting.

It's been five years, and till this day, I still don't know what Nomura was thinking when he designed KH2 Kairi...

Never again, plz. XD;

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I didn't play KH2 until it was out for some time.

*scuttles away*

Either way, I think I started it a little sooner than that but whatevs~

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.

Well, Sora and co. never really had a pit stop between KHI and COM so it makes sense that he wears the same clothes. Most everyone got a new look in KHII since they grew up and all. Re:Coded was about a digital Sora so yeah, no clothes change there. If I remember right, in Dream Drop Distance Sora and Riku's wardrobe changes had something to do with the exam. There've been pretty good reasons so far as to why there haven't been much wardrobe changes. Personally, though, I'd like to see new clothes for KHIII. More... practical clothes. As for Lea, assuming he keeps using dark corridors, I don't know if he'll ever get out of that trademark coat.

I think Sora's going to be a major player in KHIII, otherwise it wouldn't be considered a "big" game. So far, the other spin-off games have never had Sora as the true main character(technically, the hero of DDD was Riku, and the action was shared with Riku in COM). So in other words, Sora WILL be the protagonist of KHIII. I like the idea, though, of switching characters during the final battle. I can just picture it, press whatever resembles the triangle button from KHII and go tag-team on the baddies.

I'm hoping for everyone to have new outfits. The people I REALLY want to get new outfits are Donald and Goofy. I want them to wear the Royal Knight/Mage attires they had on during KH1 at Disney Castle, it'll help to add to the feel that this is a big war that they're going into.

Ooh this sounds good! I think it would be really great if towards the final battle, everyone starts wearing themed outfits. Like armor or a uniformed thing like a logo or something. Or at least more intense battle-suited clothes.

HoldYourNips

I hope they all get new outfits. It gives each game a distinct look to them. I want to see what Xion will look like without her robe(not in a creepy way). Hopefully Riku keeps the shorter hair from 3D I liked that way more than the super long hair.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I dunno, I'd think it's be pretty cool if everyone wore something dark for the final installment of the Xehanort Saga. Their "funeral attire" for the defeat of Xehanort.

NeoshadowXC

YES we'd better be getting new clothes, the fans are expecting it. Nomura hinted at it as well. And hopefully we can play a few of the others, we usually get to.

kmorris2609

I think outfit changes are a definite, considering Sora has a different outfit in KHI, KHII, and DDD. However, I don't think we will be able to play as ALL of the keyblade wielders. I see it only being Sora, Riku, and Kairi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back