• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My thoughts on the future of RAX and TAV trio.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Obiewantsanipod

If it's forced, contrived, and just obvious fan service, then obviously not. That'd be a bad way to bring ANY character back into focus within the main story. If it's organic, interesting, and fresh, however, then I don't see why it would harm their characters in the slightest (and it isn't remotely as hard to pull off as people think). If we weren't going to get substantial continuations to their stories, then one could just as easily argue that they should've stayed gone to begin with after getting a bit more closure in Kh3, that way their fans wouldn't be hopelessly waiting for them to do more after just getting them back. The only legitimate argument I can see for having them return in the first place would be that there's more story potential to utilize with them present, as oppose to if they weren't brought back at all. But in that case, why not use those already beloved and well known characters to the fullest if you're just going to keep them around? That's what I don't understand.

I don't really see the issue here.
  • Isa and Lea have a plot related to subject X.
  • Terra and Aqua aren't going to ditch Ven when he's in trouble.
  • Roxas and Xion can help out their friend Lea, if not Sora. Otherwise they can be the ones to be retired.
  • Namine's thank you has been dragged out and over inflated, one can argue Nomura will find a way to shoehorn her in somehow. Not to mention her ability to manipulate memories, which could prove very useful.
I think the reason most people are objecting is due to the fact that they were all acting like they just got back from TanaCon and didn't really contribute much to the story.

That being said, I don't want them popping up in every corner. Some can get more representation depending on their relevance to the story, otherwise they can appear in one game only while characters like Roxas and Xion can be retired for good. Besides, you said it yourself, it was open ended.

I think it's way too early to be talking about what will happen to them moving on, as we don't even know what direction the next saga will be heading in to begin with.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I don't really see the issue here.
  • Isa and Lea have a plot related to subject X.
  • Terra and Aqua aren't going to ditch Ven when he's in trouble.
  • Roxas and Xion can help out their friend Lea, if not Sora. Otherwise they can be the ones to be retired.
  • Namine's thank you has been dragged out and over inflated, one can argue Nomura will find a way to shoehorn her in somehow. Not to mention her ability to manipulate memories, which could prove very useful.
I think the reason most people are objecting is due to the fact that they were all acting like they just got back from TanaCon and didn't really contribute much to the story.

That being said, I don't want them popping up in every corner. Some can get more representation depending on their relevance to the story, otherwise they can appear in one game only while characters like Roxas and Xion can be retired for good. Besides, you said it yourself, it was open ended.

I think it's way too early to be talking about what will happen to them moving on, as we don't even know what direction the next saga will be heading in to begin with.
I wasn't upset over the thought that all of the returning characters didn't have set up for future plots in the series, I simply just didn't understand the point many made of reducing or cutting the presence of certain characters going forward after all the time and build up spent getting them back. The concept just seems like a waste of potential to me (as well as incredibly dissapointing), but I can at least understand not trusting Nomura with writing too many characters, or risking over bloating the cast again.

And anyway, looking back on this chain of post just now, I think some thoughts may have gotten misconstrued (on my end), so I apologise for that. I was primarily speaking of Roxas and Xion throughout that response (not quite as general as the wording came out), since they don't have any real foreseeable plots or arcs currently set up at this point that they're directly involved in, but I really should've been more clear on that (I went over that post several times, and I can't believe I didn't mention them by name once), especially at the end. *Sigh* Though all my feelings still very much stand, I'm gonna go ahead and delete that particular post since I don't think it was entirely appropriate to the point being made (a shame cause I was really fond of it, but oh well). Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It really makes me wonder what exactly are we getting for the next game. I imagine Shibuya would play a part in this, but a Xehanort game would be great.
I thiiiink we might be getting a game or two before heading into KH4. Possibly serving as the Foretellers Duo/Trilogy.

I think that would be brilliant. On the one hand the lore of KHUX needs to be revisited on console, on the other we can learn about what happened to Scala and how Xehanort ended up inhereting the No Name and becoming the way he is.

Back