• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Life is going downhill

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
Exactly as it says on the title, my life is going downhill, ever since I basically dropped out of a class for bad attendance I couldn't go back into the school until I pay for that class but I don't have the money for it. I tried looking for a jobs but I am sure if I qualify for some of them because I never held or needed a job, I cannot drive anywhere because I don't even have a license and I basically suck outside the internet. All I need is to get back into school again but whwere I am going to find $600? I tried grants but I don't where to look or where to turn to but I also signed applications to fast food resterants or some retail stores but they are full because of the holidays. I hate the economy and I hate not having money or control and my parents calling me lazy makes it worse tahn better. What can I do? Where should I turn to?

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
You could always join the Army National Guard. You go to training, they pay you while you are there, after you get done with training (which depends on your military job you picked, which the shortest is 4 months) you will have a couple thousand dollars not counting your sign on bonus (my sign on bonus was $20,000 but I think they lowered it now). After you do all the training the army pays for your college, full ride. The only catch is that you have to sign up for 6 or more years. Or you can try a ROTC Scholarship that will pay for everything as well. But for that you have to give 4 years to the military after you graduate college. ROTC pays you while you are in college as well. To get the scholarship all you have to do is take a physical fitness test and if you pass you get put for recomendation.

Trust me its worth it. I'm in ROTC in college now and I have everything paid for. I've taken no student loans or anything. The only thing I pay for is gas for my truck. Seriously.

Just trying to help. Any form of military does the college thing, it doesnt have to be the national guard.

αsiя

space coke
I would look for more jobs (atleast ones not run by a buisness)
Sell some stuff, that helped me get around 100 - 200
If your parents wont help you then ask help from some of your friends

Oz.

Awards
If you're serious about your education, then maybe you should consider a student loan. Just know that you will have to pay it back with interest. This would be the easiest option for you since you need money now and they want your money later.

I'd recommend that you keep looking for a job, though. It shouldn't be too hard finding a job during the holidays. Just wander your local mall in search of Now Hiring signs.

XIII Nobodies

It's all about diligence. The main reason people don't get jobs is that they don't follow up. The other main reason is lack of confidence. Go into a place (except during peak hours) and ask if they might be hiring by any chance. Many will either say no or just hand out an application. If they hand out an application, turn it in and follow up every few days to show that you're still interested. You never know when they might need to replace someone. And of course, don't be picky. If you get stuck at Taco Bell or Burger King, just go with it. I can't tell you how many people in my area come in and they leave because they don't like the work.

If you go for student loans, really it's all about research. There should also be a financial adviser at your school that you could talk to and ask about what kind of options you might have for financial aid. A lot of colleges also have local job listings, so look into that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back