• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My friend Ricky...just got a girlfriend

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Roxas:.

Banned
weeell, my best friend ricky just got a girlfriend and ever since has completely stopped hanging out with me, i mean, he used to walk home with me and stuff, but ever since, hes just been not hanging out with me, it makes me feel pretty bad, and my birthday is kinda tommorow and i dont know why but i olmost feel like not letting him come, i mean he completely ignores me now pretty much, but my main question is...am i a bad person for getting jealous because he doesn't hang out with me anymore, and am i a bad person for not liking it, i just want your oppinion, please, help me out here

Xeshyne

Wow man this happened to me too not to long ago. Lets see, well talk to him about it. Just be like, man, whats wrong with you? Or something like that. Try to talk it out, if not, just dont talk to him anymore until he talks to you again.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
When a guy first gets a girl he wants to put all his attention towards her.

After putting to much attention towards her, it'll end up falling apart.

He'll be back, you'll see.

But he's still your friend.

Joe

Bronze Member
Forget about him, find a hot ass girlfriend and a new friend, laugh at him and put him down any chance you can.

Works every time!

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Hes still your friend, he'd just rather spend time with someone he likes. Get over it, thats what happens and it will happen throughout your life. You should try getting a girlfriend and seeing that she usually is more important than anything else.

T

Tyler Durden

Are you a guy or girl? Because it is not normal for a guy to be this upset about something like that...

Little_Red

betch.
weeell, my best friend ricky just got a girlfriend and ever since has completely stopped hanging out with me, i mean, he used to walk home with me and stuff, but ever since, hes just been not hanging out with me, it makes me feel pretty bad, and my birthday is kinda tommorow and i dont know why but i olmost feel like not letting him come, i mean he completely ignores me now pretty much, but my main question is...am i a bad person for getting jealous because he doesn't hang out with me anymore, and am i a bad person for not liking it, i just want your oppinion, please, help me out here

well, this is what happens when some people get signifigant others. i don't mean to point fingers, your friend's girlfriend is hogging him. just ask him about, maybe you three can go to the mall...or not. then you'd be the third wheel....all right how about this, try doing something else to keep things off your mind. if you know someone else that lives near you, why don't you walk home with them? or go to the mall, and if you do actually meet up with your friend hang out or something.

that's the best advice i can give to ya, good luck on that situation! ;)

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
this is happening to me right now..my frendz have girl frends..i got alot of girls that like me but i dont want one...i just want to concentrate on my sports and music..but still, my frendz still pay attention to me..

If he is a true frend he will still pay attention to you...if not, get new frendz..

T

Tyler Durden

yeah, this guy will get over this eventually.

But don't you agree that somebody's significant other should come first, at least for the first month or so?

how would you feel if you got a girlfriend, were happy about it, and your friend decides to complain because you don't spend enough time with him?

and you didn't answer my question about gender.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
.:Roxas:., the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. My friend said to me
"Dude, I have a girlfriend!"
Unphased, I supported him... He saw her more and more. One day it was "Dude, I'm not a virgin any more!" Which seemed a little like rubbing it in my face, but I know he didn't mean to. Then one day he was dumped because she didn't weant to spend the rest of her life with him (they were like, 16) so she got rid of him before she got too attached/stuck.

Then I had my friend back (horrible, I know)

The long and short of it is - unless he's with hr for the rest of eternity, you'll get your chum back in due time.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
thats hapening to me right now.my friend is always hangin out with his gf and never hangs out with me and our other friends

hwe asked us if we thought he changed and we said yes but he ignored us

and this may seem mean but i kinda hope they break up.not because im jealous.just because he is goin out with the towns #2 slut
well, i'll just wait and see what happens.
srry, didnt really post and advice.lol

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
You've come to a diverse pathway. Personally, I'm engaged, so I guess I can take the other side of the standpoint first:

I have best friends. My best bro' is named Hunter. I've known him as long as I've known my fiance, but, she has priority over him. She had priority over him when we weren't engaged. The reason why? Is that a relationship is a responsibility. Sure, friendships are responsibilities too, and you have to pay them attention as well. Thing is, in a guy's mind, especially if he's young and doesn't know better at the time, the ultimate pay-off for most is just getting laid.

Sounds crude, I know, and I'm sure there are gonna be some people saying "Oh, well I'm not like that!" Yeah... at one point or another in your life, you are. It's instinct. Primal instinct. So, your friend should still care about you, theoretically. Thing is, he's just more worried about getting some at the moment. Give it another week or two. Go ahead and invite him to your birthday party. Him only though.

That's where the other branch of this comes into play.

If you only invite him, and not her, then he'll have to choose. Making someone choose isn't always the best sign of friendship, but if you're THAT worried about him (which almost seems... odd), it'll prove which is more important. Simple as that.

It does bring me to my final point though:

Throughout your life, you're going to make friends, and you're going to lose them. Odds are, a friend you make in high school, you won't be talking to in about 7 years. Things like this happen, and it's a natural part of the social world. Get used to it, and enjoy what time you have with someone already.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You've come to a diverse pathway. Personally, I'm engaged, so I guess I can take the other side of the standpoint first:

I have best friends. My best bro' is named Hunter. I've known him as long as I've known my fiance, but, she has priority over him. She had priority over him when we weren't engaged. The reason why? Is that a relationship is a responsibility. Sure, friendships are responsibilities too, and you have to pay them attention as well. Thing is, in a guy's mind, especially if he's young and doesn't know better at the time, the ultimate pay-off for most is just getting laid.

Sounds crude, I know, and I'm sure there are gonna be some people saying "Oh, well I'm not like that!" Yeah... at one point or another in your life, you are. It's instinct. Primal instinct. So, your friend should still care about you, theoretically. Thing is, he's just more worried about getting some at the moment. Give it another week or two. Go ahead and invite him to your birthday party. Him only though.

That's where the other branch of this comes into play.

If you only invite him, and not her, then he'll have to choose. Making someone choose isn't always the best sign of friendship, but if you're THAT worried about him (which almost seems... odd), it'll prove which is more important. Simple as that.

It does bring me to my final point though:

Throughout your life, you're going to make friends, and you're going to lose them. Odds are, a friend you make in high school, you won't be talking to in about 7 years. Things like this happen, and it's a natural part of the social world. Get used to it, and enjoy what time you have with someone already.[/QUOTE
This is.... really good advice. There are a couple of points in there I' don't quite agree with, but that's just me. Overall, this is good.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, I agree with what LoC said.

Take this from someone who heard something like this yesterday(It may sound semi-depressing but it's. . .not really):

The people you meet in High School are going to influence you, in a good or bad way. The friends you make, you'll remember them. But once you leave High School, you may stay in contact with one or two of them for the next few years(unless you go to college together, like at the same one). Most of your friends will just drift away and you may never see them again. So don't waste your time worrying, and just live and enjoy what you have now.

Basically just try to stay his friend and you'll be fine.

.:Roxas:.

Banned
uhhh, i feel kinda disturbed 0_o after reading these replies, i'm a guy, its just that he never hangs out with me or my other friend anymore, he used to come over to my friends house with me and we'd play video games and stuff, uhh yea i'm not gay ya know 0_o i just want my friend back...

although, my first post did sound kinda gay so i guess but ya, i mean we've been best friends since like 5th grade *i'm in 8th now btw* and we allways hang out, and just incase u dont understand really, i mean what if a friend u have had for a long time just stopped hanging out with u, well it made me feel really lousy so yea, just trying to make a point

-note to self, put gender in sig 0_o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back