• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My first job ~_~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
But look at it this way...if you don't get the call, then they that means that some high-shool drop-out got it instead! That should make you all warm in fuzzy inside, knowing that the job went to someone who needs it =D

On a more serious note, if you don't get the call, don't worry. It was your first job interview (correct?), so you were probably nervous. I heard it gets easier over time.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Actually I was nervous the day before the interview, but on the day of I wasn't nervous at all. =/ But thanks, you've helped a lot.

And yeah, it was my first interview.

Last edited:

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Mwaha, my first job starts tomorrow, in a Supermarket at 6.30 a.m. (English time), and th pay isn't that bad, but good luck on ur job shad0w

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I guess my advice was a little off then >.< Did I say a week? I meant two...?

Anyway, hopefully you get it, good luck.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
I got it, I believe. The manager called back and told me to be there at 11, to see if I still wanted the job. =/

Bump.

Today was my first day at work =/. I worked from 5-10 PM, and my legs are extremely sore >.<.

Last edited by a moderator:

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Oyo, kudos on job. I don't think I could work at a Fast Food because of the grease...McD's fries don't mold...shudder...make you wonder what's in 'em...and what it does to us....O_O Bah. I still eat 'em. =D

My first job is the one I have. Paper route, up at 4:30 in the morning for an hour driving around delivering papers. I get 50 bucks a week right now, but it pends on the ammount of people I have though. I once got up to 80 a week last winter because of specials. XP And then tips..oy. Meh, I'll have had it for a year come the thirteenth, nice thing is the fact there wasn't an interview, only requirement that I be able to drive. My dad had to help me till I could. XP

ANYways, good luck. *goes to edit your posts. XP*

king-DAVID

I wouldn't wake up at 4:30 in the morning even if they paid me 200 dollars a week.That is just too early,how on earth do you get used to waking up at that time?

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Alarm clock. :/ After a while you get used to it, and it's really 4:15, that's what it's set for, but I have a tendency to hit the snooze. =D I did that this morning, hit it and zonked, hit it again and zonked, third time it went off I got up, and I still left it on though so I come back to irking beeping...>.< And then there's the problem of new houses, see, our town is split east and west by a road, and I start on the East and go to the West last...well, I misread it and seriously thought the east was the west, and so I'm looking on the east side for a west-side house >.~ Yeah...I usually get done by five (speed, lo siento, only way to get it done in half an hour), got done around five thirty, I was such a twit. >.< Also, I just had a three-week break from it, and 'sides, after a while you end up doing it half asleep, I usually get lost in day..er..morning dreams and really don't think about it at all. 'Sides, for only an hour a day and getting 50-80 a week, not bad. =D Bad part: hours and dogs...I despise dogs...I was scared of this mutt that kept barking at me, came to my ankle and eep. <_<

ANYways. <_< Yeah, there's my first job. -.- Really not that bad after a while. Hope your legs stop being sore, Shad0w.

~Life~

The old member
Calling and bugging people to give my dad printing quotes! It was Fuuuuuunn to bug ppl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back