• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My first job ~_~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
I think it's going to suck. I'll be the first person in my class (who hasn't got kicked out) to get a job.

Anyone remember when they got their first job? Any stories? Or anyone else at the stage i'm at?

Deidara

I wouldn't stay "stage" exactly. I'm old enough to legally get a job, but the decision to do so is wavering in my head. I have no work experience whatsoever, and some of my friends (some older, and younger) are already working, so I really envy them right now, since they are making decent money or at least taking some responsibility/looking nice XD ~_~

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
all you really need to do is listen and take in the boredom... but its worht it >> my friend gets 250 a week under min. wage (but he's got a full time job even though he's only 16)

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
By "stage" I meant in the process of getting a job. I'm going for the interview tomorrow. I think I have this in the bag since I know the guy interviewing me =P.

Well, one friend was getting a job this summer too, but I think he changed his mind.

Edit: $250 a week... Holy crap. o.o I think i'll only be getting around $80-$100 a week, which is still awesome compared to what i'm used to getting.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I've thought about getting a job. But the only place to work in my area are fast-food restaurants. I really don't want to work with food. And then there's the famous saying " Never work where you snack, and never snack where you work"

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
=/ I'm working in fast food- I hear it sucks, but it's the closest job offer to my house.

EDIT: I was going to work at the nearest mall, but that's 20 minutes away.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Bah, my friend used to work at an A&W, she just quit. She said that her co-workers were mostly high school drop-outs, her boss was a moron and scheduled her for the days she didn't want, and not for the days she wanted. (As in, she needs Wednesdays off, but can take Tuesdays, but was scheduled for Wed. and not Tues.). She said that she can't even eat fast-food no more because of how disgusting it was to see all the grease and what not. So yeah, I could never work in a place like that.

I'm thinking of applying at an EB Games close to my house, they know me by name I'm in there so much. But they ususally only hiar people who are 17+.

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
I planned ot get a job this summer, but I don't think it's gonna work (falls over) I'm still kinda nervous about driving, much less driving by myself in traffic X_X

I still want one, even though I'm nervous, so I cna be less of a burden and buy my own stuff without allowences and whatnot and maybe save up for college a bit.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Yeah, you sound like me. I still haven't gotten my permit yet- I just don't feel like studying that big manual. >.>;

I went for my interview today, I think it went well ^_^.

oblivion seeker

Well, as soon as my next b-day comes (which will be about 1/2 a year!!! :( ) I'll gwt to work at a civic center, hanging out backstage with a lot of awsome bands!!! :D And the best part is that no matter what I'm getting the job, all I really need to do is get my working papers! I can't wait! XD

king-DAVID

Hmmmm.....I remember my first job,I also remember getting fired from it.Anyways the only advice I can give you is to keep a positive attitude when working with people,and to have some patience.It may not be a lot of cash but it's a start right.I wish you good luck!

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I find, that if they are going to call you, it's usually within 3 days...possibly 4, and 5 would be pushing it. But good luck man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back