• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My beef

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Okay wait now, if they lacked a body, how can they have a physical body anyways and soul?

XH and Sora had some sort of physical body, but they didn't have their bodies, similar to how the Heartless have a physical body, but not a body in the traditional sense. I suppose you could think of it as the heart projecting a physical body. At least, that's how I kinda see it as.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
XH and Sora had some sort of physical body, but they didn't have their bodies, similar to how the Heartless have a physical body, but not a body in the traditional sense. I suppose you could think of it as the heart projecting a physical body. At least, that's how I kinda see it as.

Oh, kinda like in KH1FM in the new scene where Riku's heart was in the dark realm but you could still see Riku's body image surrounding his heart?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes, that is what OmniChaos is trying to tell you.

CoM Sora: I WIN!!!!!

Vanitas: I'LL BE BACK.... in KH3 or sooner.

One question though, If Sora was a floating heart from COM to the time Roxas rejoined him, then how was Sora's able to age over the course of that year? I mean it's kinda obvious he has aged by KH2.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
One question though, If Sora was a floating heart from COM to the time Roxas rejoined him, then how was Sora's able to age over the course of that year? I mean it's kinda obvious he has aged by KH2.

IIRC, the original concept was that hearts age and bodies don't (hence the reason why nobodies don't age), but after MX...eh

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

The body is a shell and reflects the heart, hence why Riku's body took the form of XH.

IIRC, the original concept was that hearts age and bodies don't (hence the reason why nobodies don't age), but after MX...eh

Well, there are two things I can think of to explain this:
One, the fact that there were two hearts occupying the body, MX's and Terra's.
Two, as seen with XH, the body can still keep its original shape if, I'm assuming, the dominant heart wants it to.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

The body is a shell and reflects the heart, hence why Riku's body took the form of XH.

Well, there are two things I can think of to explain this:
One, the fact that there were two hearts occupying the body, MX's and Terra's.
Two, as seen with XH, the body can still keep its original shape if, I'm assuming, the dominant heart wants it to.

Well, I tell ya, that clears up a whole lot of stuff. And it makes Vanitas' existence easier to understand.

Thanks Horizon Knight, Omni Chaos, and Eraser Rain.

Awards
Derailing the topic a bit-

GameSpot Forums - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - MacGuyvering together the unborn bits. *spoilers*

Read the first two posts. Anyone familiar with KMA should know that they're a well respected KH theorist.
Now, I've been thinking about that for a while.

Nomura did say he had to change some things regarding Sora's birth in order to make it more palatable to a Western audience. It really does make me wonder if that's all he changed. I mean, I know that "Unbirth" wasn't technically changed to "Unversed" since the translation could have gone either way, but I've always had this nagging feeling that the initial meaning was changed, and the homonym was used as a cover up. Let's be honest, "Unbirth" and "Birth by Sleep" felt like more than a coincidence, so it was odd to see that the translation was incorrect. As KMA pointed out, the game even dealt with pre-birth matters through Sora.

And then there's the reversals. About how the Unbirth were the "opposite of life" and precursors to Heartless/Nobodies. None of that came to fruition in the game.

I think KMA's on to something. I genuinely believe that the Unversed were originally intended to be something different than the final product, and it was scrapped. But what?
I still believe they were based on emotions, given that their eyes were indicative of feelings since the first time we saw them (some of "angry" eyes, others have "sad" eyes, etc.).

Well, if the heart exists prior to the being, it's possible that the emotions exist pre-birth as well. Now that's something the game should have delved into. Alas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back