• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My beef

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lycropath

Or Vanitas could just be a unique existence like Namine was, something very similar to a Heartless but still no quite the same.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I mean come on, just look at him, we know he has a heart, a body, and a body needs something to live off of, so he must have a soul.

Sora and XH where both walking hearts who held a physical form, yet they both lacked a soul, as their Nobody counterparts had it.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I mean come on, just look at him, we know he has a heart, a body, and a body needs something to live off of, so he must have a soul.

Okay here's a good example think of XH when he possesed Riku's body. XH had a heart consumed with darkness, yet he also had a body and Soul (Riku's body and soul) So he was kinda at that period of time a human/heartless hybrid, similar to Vanitas.

But consider this; where do Souls even come from? What are Souls even? Are they just to give life, or is there also power involved? However, there is one thing I am curtain of. Souls can't be made by light or darkness!

Awards

Okay here's a good example think of XH when he possesed Riku's body. XH had a heart consumed with darkness, yet he also had a body and Soul (Riku's body and soul) So he was kinda at that period of time a human/heartless hybrid, similar to Vanitas.

We're going in circles here. You don't need a soul to have a sentient body.

What does XH have to do with this? The fact that Vanitas has a humanoid form? So what? Need I remind you that Vanitas' body was made from darkness.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
We're going in circles here. You don't need a soul to have a sentient body.

What does XH have to do with this? The fact that Vanitas has a humanoid form? So what? Need I remind you that Vanitas' body was made from darkness.

You missed the point I was saying. It's possible to have a heart of pure darkness and still have a body and soul. I'm saying that is the type of being that Vanitas is.

EDIT: @Horizon Knight, Souls in KH, seem to be just a source of life for the body. Basicaly it's like gasoline running a car, it's just what makes the body live. That's what I can tell from KH anyways.

Awards
You missed the point I was saying. It's possible to have a heart of pure darkness and still have a body and soul. I'm saying that is the type of being that Vanitas is.

That's what you're saying, but it's not what you're proving.
As I've said, there's no evidence of Vanitas having received a soul from the darkness, and it wouldn't have made any sense even if he did.

Xehanort snagged up Riku's body and soul, yet you're suggesting that a soul was magically bestowed upon Vanitas by the darkness, which begs the question of why the darkness would not grant other beings, like the Heartless, a soul.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

So, what you are saying is that Vanitas is the equivilant of a Pureblood Heartless getting a Body and Soul without turing into a mindless monster? That sound a bit like the Arancarrs from Bleach.

Memory Master said:
EDIT: @Horizon Knight, Souls in KH, seem to be just a source of life for the body. Basicaly it's like gasoline running a car, it's just what makes the body live. That's what I can tell from KH anyways.

Not acorrding to an old theory of mine. Why would the Organization have powers that Humans can't normally have without submitting to darkness. Also, about Vanitas having a Soul...

But consider this; where do Souls even come from?... there is one thing I am curtain of. Souls can't be made by light or darkness!

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
How can you be so sure if this has never been stated anywhere in KH or by Nomura.

Nomura also said that Ansem and Xehanort created the heartless. We all know how that turned out.

And it doesn't have to be stated. Souls aren't that important. Consider the body a battery, the soul is just the power.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So, what you are saying is that Vanitas is the equivilant of a Pureblood Heartless getting a Body and Soul without turing into a mindless monster? That sound a bit like the Arancarrs from Bleach.

In a way, yeah that's kinda what i'm saying pretty much. The end point of what i'm saying is that Vanitas is basicaly, his existence is basicaly rare and special.

Not acorrding to an old theory of mine. Why would the Organization have powers that Humans can't normally have without submitting to darkness. Also, about Vanitas having a Soul...

Okay, that's your THEORY. I don't care about what your theory says, that's not a fact my friend. The organization got their powers from darkness, that's why the apprentices gave up their hearts in the first place, they wanted to gain the power of darkness.

Also, you don't know how if souls can be made from light and darkness or not.

Look Vanitas has a human body, the body was formed from the darkness, it's a dark body, but it's in human form, and thus it has to have a soul for the body to live. Thus Vanitas' soul must also be made from darkness.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Do souls even really come into the equation? How many times have they been mentioned? Once, twice?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
WHOOOOPS, Wrong thread. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Okay, that's your THEORY. I don't care about what your theory says, that's not a fact my friend.

Practice what you preach.
Vanitas having a soul is not fact either, as nothing suggests that he does.

Look Vanitas has a human body, the body was formed from the darkness, it's a dark body, but it's in human form, and thus it has to have a soul for the body to live. Thus Vanitas' soul must also be made from darkness.

Oh, hai there CoM Sora!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Practice what you preach.
Vanitas having a soul is not fact either, as nothing suggests that he does.

Oh, hai there CoM Sora!

Okay, so tell me this what do you propose Vanitas is? Cause he's nothing like a heartless, except for the dark heart thing, everything else about him is more human like.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Okay, so tell me this what do you propose Vanitas is? Cause he's nothing like a heartless, except for the dark heart thing, everything else about him is more human like.

Like CoM Sora and XH: A free-floating heart with a physical form.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
That's what I was saying all along.

Maybe that's what you were trying to say, but you didn't say it.
XH and Sora, while free-floating hearts, lacked their bodies (even though they had some sort of physical body) and souls.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Oh, hai there CoM Sora!

CoM Sora: Hello OmniChaos! Are you here to eplain about how I can live without a Soul, and that I'm only a walking Heart? No offense to Memory Master of course. Oh wait, let's ask Vanitas. Vanitas do you have a Soul?

Vanitas: Yes, I do. You're all idiots to think that I'm a Heartless.

CoM Sora: You have a Soul and you have a Heart with a Body of darkness? I WORSHIP YOU NOW!!!!!!! No offense to OmniChaos of course.

This script was made to show that both thoughts could be valid in this debate, and is in no way making fun of either OmniChaos nor Memory Master.

s1gildragonin30years

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Maybe that's what you were trying to say, but you didn't say it.
XH and Sora, while free-floating hearts, lacked their bodies (even though they had some sort of physical body) and souls.

Okay wait now, if they lacked a body, how can they have a physical body anyways and soul?

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Okay wait now, if they lacked a body, how can they have a physical body anyways and soul?

CoM Sora was made an artificial vessal of pure light, while Ansem SoD couldn't retain any form, which is why he posessed Riku. I try to think of the Sora example as Kairi giving him a physical form, but not a true body.

CoM Sora: Yep.

Vanitas: I HAVE A SOUL YOU IDIOT!!!!! *knocks out Sora*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back