• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mirror mirror on the wall, whose theory is the worst of all?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
In response to my own topic title.. it could well be mine. But hey, I'm going to throw this in anyway.

As I expect you've all seen now from the latest TGS trailer, Aqua seems to have a bit of an issue with the Mirror from Snow White. Oh, such a minor little detail, non? Yet I cannot help but wonder.. does this mirror hold more importance than what we may have first surmised?

I do not recall seeing anybody using the mirror as a transportation device, nor it having the ability to draw people into its murky interior, so why is this now happening? Has the witch, like Maleficent, learnt of the other Princesses of Heart? Does she wish to spread her evil influence? Could it serve much like a Corridor of Darkness?

Or does it perhaps serve as an object key to the world's Heart? Most likely not, but considering how obscure this scene is, I expect it'll have some importance which expands upon the overall storyline.

It seems that the mirror could be attacking Aqua, as it ignites with flames, ready to speak. Or maybe it is helping her.

What do you think? And do you think we'll be seeing more unusual Disney items given new roles? =P

-- Andy

Cissy

Bronze Member
I'd suspect that the mirror actually sucked her in. ;P

So...mini-world, perhaps? Like Zexion's book-o-demise.

Maybe there's a boss-battle with the mirror that takes place there. Not the physical mirror, of course, but the face inside it.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I'm guessing nobody has any other ideas, bar Cissy =/. Sucks D= come on people!

-- Andy

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I'd put my imput. But I havent seen the movie in so long I cannot remember exactly what the mirror could do in the first place.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
It's been awhile since I've last watched Snow White. Eh, well, the 'Slave in the Magic Mirror' is an imprisoned spirit who always speaks the truth, normally in verse form. That's his role in Snow White.

In 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 'Platinum Edition'...

The viewer acts as the Mirror's 'master', and tells the Mirror where to 'transport' them by making a selection on the menu.

Hence the term 'transport'.

So, I'm thinking that the spirit 'transported' Aqua somewhere to do battle with... umm... with something. Hmm, I'm not feeling very imaginative at the moment, but that's basically what I think. Either that or Cissy's idea. yar

Also, a nice little tidbit.

The Queen appears in the second act of Fantasmic!, and asks the Magic Mirror who the fairest one of all is. The Mirror, voiced by Tony Jay and projected onto water screens, replies that Mickey Mouse's imagination creates fairer things than she. Jealous, the Queen transforms herself into the Witch and uses the Mirror to summon various 'forces of evil', including Ursula, Cruella De Vil (only in Florida), Scar (only in Florida), Judge Claude Frollo (only in Florida), Jafar (only in Florida), Hades (only in Florida), Chernabog and Maleficent. Mickey is able to defeat the villains.

The mirror is quite awesome.

Awards
It seems that the mirror could be attacking Aqua, as it ignites with flames, ready to speak. Or maybe it is helping her.

It always appears in flames.

The Mirror did nothing in the movie except tell the Queen who the fairest in the land was. Now, I don't think it would be a stretch if they, say, included the mirror in a boss fight with the Queen where her source of power emanates from it, or magic comes from the mirror, or whatever, but I think Aqua jumping into the mirror is just... a little much. No, I don't think she jumped in.

As for what in the hell was going on. Well it was something really bright, and it got sucked in. My guess? Perhaps Snow White's heart.

Twilightprince10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLz57QsQrYE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLz57QsQrYE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nintandy

Bronze Member
O_O I LOL'd at that video. My my. Maybe it really is a connection to the villains of all the different worlds! =P

Wow I need to watch Fantasmic sometime. I was listening to Poor Unfortunate Souls earlier today. Ursula rules.

-- Andy

SwordsmenXIII

I think the mirror leads Aqua to some wierd demension in the mirror.

Btw, if Maleficent knew about the princess of heart in BBS, then why did it take her
10 years to acually collect them all?

Qarx

It's been awhile since I've last watched Snow White. Eh, well, the 'Slave in the Magic Mirror' is an imprisoned spirit who always speaks the truth, normally in verse form. That's his role in Snow White.

In 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 'Platinum Edition'...

Hence the term 'transport'.

So, I'm thinking that the spirit 'transported' Aqua somewhere to do battle with... umm... with something. Hmm, I'm not feeling very imaginative at the moment, but that's basically what I think. Either that or Cissy's idea. yar

Also, a nice little tidbit.

The mirror is quite awesome.

That's an interesting bit of info.
I haven't seen one of your posts in a while. Am I looking in the wrong places, or do you have a life outside this fansite?

mikaylaaria

Btw, if Maleficent knew about the princess of heart in BBS, then why did it take her
Weeeeell...
There's alot of worlds, alot of girls who could've been princesses...
I wonder how you'd detect how one could be Pure of Heart?
To go to each world, searching for a Pure girl...
Depending on the way to find them, it could have been quite the ordeal.

xine0

i was just wondering if aqua and xion were related. if they are, maybe its through the mirror? maybe the mirror has the ability to turn people into nobodies? i got the idea from watching the newest kingdom hearts 358/2 Days trailer. and she also says
"... How is it possible for two people to be the same?"
maybe the mirror turned her into a nobody without her having to become a heartless also. and when her and riku were talking
Xion: "Will you tell me about it? About girl Sora is always together with."
Riku: "You mean Kairi?"
Xion: "Kairi... That girl looks like me."
Riku: "She's the girl Sora cares a lot for."

Xion's face looks flustered.

Xion: "I'm sorry... But... I can't disappear now."
Xion: "It's because I have an important friend."
Riku: "Is that so...?"

Riku places a hand upon her shoulder.

Riku: "In that case, think about it."
Riku: "You should really return to your original self."

idk the relation with kairi which makes me really think im wrong, anyway riku saying she should return to original self means theres a way which, idk if possible for regular nobodies, can make her turn back aka the mirror she used to turn into a nobody in the first place. but she wont because she wantsta help roxas with w/e problem cause he reminds her so much of ven... idk, can someone point out the flaws about what im saying? and maybe turning inta a nobody was intentional?

reading a thread on xions name
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/116126-xion-s-name-theory.html
i thought it could fit into what i said? if her name came from 'NO I' it could be because of the unorthodox way she mightve become a nobody? again idk...

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards

Personally, I think it was because both her and MX were stopped/ interupted by VAT. Well, either that or we could hit upon the fact that one of them might not of been born yet/ been too young to detect. (I dunno about this, but would they really show a baby or really young toddler (younger than Sora, Riku, Kairi in the past) on KH?) Oh, and I don't think that it was a transportation device and it was definitely not a means to create a nobody. It's a disney item for pete's sake. (This remark is aimed towards the latter theory.)

What I do think it was.. is a prelude to a boss battle. My guess.. the evil step-mother might of discovered that if she could enter the realm of the mirror, she could have lots of power and she was probably power hungry, so Aqua must of went in after her. The image was just the spirit or whatever confirming Aqua. Once it confirmed her, the evil stepmother revealed herself (as a taunt) with the flames. As for the boss battle (if there is one), my guess is that she'll use magic and lots of it. Also, she'll be aided by the spirit in the mirror. Ehh.. that's my little guess..

χΧχ

Has anyone brought this up yet?:
whois6.png

This is from the scene where Aqua is looking into the magic mirror, correct?
It's too bright to be Aqua's hair, but it looks kinda like Riku's, but I really doubt it.
Thoughts?

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Weeeeell...
There's alot of worlds, alot of girls who could've been princesses...
I wonder how you'd detect how one could be Pure of Heart?
To go to each world, searching for a Pure girl...
Depending on the way to find them, it could have been quite the ordeal.

Maybe each world could have their own census =P. Check the personal records. Heart Type: PL [Pure Light]. PERFECT!

And about that picture.. looks like Aqua to me. A reflection.

Maybe you should ask Mulan. She seems to know a fair bit about reflections!

And speaking of Xion, I saw someone earlier today who looked just like her. Fascinating.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back