• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey's Letter Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Normally, you would think that such a thread would belong in the Kh2 section, but i've been thinking lately about what the contents of Mickey's letter were. I came up with this:

In BBS, we're supposedly supposed to meet "the true enemy" yes? Well, perhaps in BBS, VAT thought they eliminated the true enemy, or maybe they locked him away somehow, or somehow kept him away. That is, until 10 years later, during Sora's story. And obviously, Mickey was involved with the events of BBS, henceforth knowing about this "True Enemy".

I'm thinking that Mickey sent the letter to DI at the end of the game to tell Riku, Sora, and Karii about this enemy. Why did he wait until now to mention something so important? Perhaps he too thought this "true enemy" was eliminated and now, somehow he found out that he/she/it wasn't and is possibly coming back. [[ Credit to Organization_42 for that idea. ]]

Lets take a look at the letters contents. While we dont' know what they are exactly, we can infer based on the expressions each character gave. Riku giving a slight smirk/smile, Sora remaining indifferent, and Kairi showing a look of distress.

Now obviously, Riku wouldn't be smiling at a brand new enemy. I'm thinking more along the lines of he's smiling because he gets to see Mickey again or leave the world again to go on another journey. As we can tell, Riku isn't a big fan of staying on DI. =P Or maybe he just likes to see other places? I digress. Sora staying indifferent, possibly out of shock that he has to leave yet again after just getting back to his home. Kairi then obviously looking disterssed because she has to leave her two friends again, or because theres some new danger she doesn't want to think about.

Either way, perhaps this new enemy returned somehow. And if not now, then maybe Mickey wants to get them prepared for his iminent return. Or something along those lines.

Bottom line is this. Mickey sent the letter to DI at the end of Kh2 to inform SRK about this enemy or possible threat and they now have to finish what the three keybladers in the past started.

Maybe because of their connections to VAT?

Terra-Riku
Ven-Sora
Aqua-Kairi

Three keybladers in the past, three in the future. N

And to note one thing, Riku, Mickey, and Sora are keyblade MASTERS. Kairi is not. Kairi is just a key bearer, as she had one at the end of Kh2 but did not do much with it and she wasn't exactly "chosen". Riku gave her hers.

On one last note, the last keyblader of the three could also be Mickey. Because Aqua DID pick up the dark realms keyblade in Sunset Horizons. Just a thought. ^.^;

Tell me what you think.
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Charlie K

Back in Business
Yea, It's a good thoery..But who is the ultimate enemy? DS MX? Someone different??Lol. I have to many questions...

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Its hard to say. It could be one of them but it also could be somebody completely new. Like the true Master of Keyblades. He/she is supposedly a character we've never seen before and is supposed to appear in this game. Personally, I think that this "Master of Keyblades" is VAT's Master. Thats one theory I stand behind.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nice theory. I could only assume that the enemy is the one from the secret trailer and the one that is
in Birth By Sleep screens. But that theory does make sence. After all, you do fight Terra in KH2FM, (not
that I have it) and plus there's a scene about a black-cloaked man looking towards armor. Maybe he/she
is bringing back that enemy. That's probably what you were thinking, though.

Seftrex

Though I like this theory, there are too many un-named variables to consider. If Mickey was going to say to them about something incredibly terrible enemy, wouldn't he do it in person?

Then you have to think if The worlds have once again become seperated, how could Mickey get a letter to them??? If Mickey had the time to go there, he would of mentioned to them in person about the long lost true enemy.

Though your theory has a great idea and I would hope tat it is, theres just to much to consider.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Also if the letter was to tell them about the true enemy why didnt we see anything about the enemy on the letter. I dont remember what the letter said, but also i am sure it never said anything about any enemy. So this means your going off what Riku and Sora should have gotten from the letter instead of what was really from the letter.

UrbanQuattrus

Also if the letter was to tell them about the true enemy why didnt we see anything about the enemy on the letter. I dont remember what the letter said, but also i am sure it never said anything about any enemy. So this means your going off what Riku and Sora should have gotten from the letter instead of what was really from the letter.

The letter in question is the one that Kairi runs up to Sora and Riku with after the credits roll, the one from Mickey. We don't see the content of that one at all.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Though I like this theory, there are too many un-named variables to consider. If Mickey was going to say to them about something incredibly terrible enemy, wouldn't he do it in person?

Then you have to think if The worlds have once again become seperated, how could Mickey get a letter to them??? If Mickey had the time to go there, he would of mentioned to them in person about the long lost true enemy.

Though your theory has a great idea and I would hope tat it is, theres just to much to consider.

As I said, i'd update once all my thoughts were in order. I was at school and very tired when I posted this, so I knew i'd have to fix it up later. But yes, as UrbanQuattrus said, I am speaking of the letter at the end of the game, the one Kairi runs up to Riku and Sora with. And Kairi got her letter to Sora by putting it in the ocean on DI. It got to him. So why couldn't Mickey?

And remember, the worlds were separated through all of Kh2, the only way Sora got to them was by traveling through the gummi routes. As Yen Sid put it "The worlds have created new paths along which you can follow" or something like that. I imagine Mickey got to them in some similar way, as he is a keyblade master.

And perhaps it was something like his promise to Riku. Maybe for some odd reason he couldn't mention it to them until the time was right. This "time" being after the defeat of Org. XIII. Just a thought.

And as for the letter's contents, we never saw them, yet again as UrbanQuattrus said. So we have no idea how Mickey got the letter to them or the contents of it. We'll have to wait and find that out later. I'll update this with all this info I posted in a few hours.

akasonic18

Wouldn't of Mickey have said something when he saw Xemnas and remembered Xehanort. I think that the letter has to do with Master Xehanort because it's obvious that Mickey is tied to Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier. This is just a thought I had.

THB

Wait...you did see the video I did at the end where everyone was doing really cool ass flashy shit? How does that not make them keyblade masters?

THB

Stickies are your friend. Read them. Read posting guidelines. Read anything that'll stop the spam.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
If you mean VAT, they ARE keyblade Masters. The only person I said who wasn't was Kairi. Read my post more carefully. Second of all, what posting guideline am I breaking here? You just double posted as well, so what was the point of that last post..?

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I think it's great! Although I don't think it would be like his promise to Riku, because this is a bit more serious than Riku's appearance being changed. If the rest of your theory is correct, I'm thinking that he didn't tell them before because he thought the True Enemy was defeated 10 years ago, and they didn't need to worry about him anymore.

If this Xehanort is the same one whose Heartless and Nobody we dealt with in KH1 and KH2, then I'm guessing he will return because Normura said when a Nobody and its Heartless are destroyed, the heart and body reunite and the person becomes whole. Obviously Sora, Riku, Kairi, and co. didn't realize that when they were fighting the Heartless and Organization XIII, but once Mickey figures it out, he sends a letter to the gang on Destiny Islands, telling them about the events in BBS.

Another theory I had was that the letter told Sora about the events in Coded and what they discovered in Jiminy's Journal. The passage said, "We must return to free them from their torment", but Normura said in an interview that he couldn't say who "they" were or if we had met them before. That sounds significant to me, and it could lead into the plotline of KH3.

gexion

Well your theory makes sense a lot.You have analysed perfectly SRK's expressions on their faces which also prooves the importance of the letter.
Though, I'm not sure whether VAT represents totally SRK..according to the secret ending of kh2 "all fates have been set"which means that it's time for SRK to take action and finish what VAT had started but never fulfilled...and MIckey seems to be the one that will pass that task to them

Last edited:

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
I think it's great! Although I don't think it would be like his promise to Riku, because this is a bit more serious than Riku's appearance being changed. If the rest of your theory is correct, I'm thinking that he didn't tell them before because he thought the True Enemy was defeated 10 years ago, and they didn't need to worry about him anymore.

If this Xehanort is the same one whose Heartless and Nobody we dealt with in KH1 and KH2, then I'm guessing he will return because Normura said when a Nobody and its Heartless are destroyed, the heart and body reunite and the person becomes whole. Obviously Sora, Riku, Kairi, and co. didn't realize that when they were fighting the Heartless and Organization XIII, but once Mickey figures it out, he sends a letter to the gang on Destiny Islands, telling them about the events in BBS.

Another theory I had was that the letter told Sora about the events in Coded and what they discovered in Jiminy's Journal. The passage said, "We must return to free them from their torment", but Normura said in an interview that he couldn't say who "they" were or if we had met them before. That sounds significant to me, and it could lead into the plotline of KH3.

Good point. With why he didn't tell them. I think ima change that in my original post. Credit shall go to you for giving me the idea. ^.^ Yknow. With that part "We must return to free them from their torment". Could that mean Org. XIII? Or did this happen after their defeat?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I dont believe your theory cause if we didnt see the letter they didnt look depressed or anything when they read it themselves. And if they knew there was a true enemy out there they had to face they would be sadden cause they finally are together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back