• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Message from Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Fear is my currency
Awards
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • News Hound
  • Ursus Union
  • Mog Boss
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
  • The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
Um, is there any context to the
Spoiler Spoiler Show

40lky

Awards
Please let the thing he can't mention right now be a complete HD collection for ps4.

Muke

whatever
Awards
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
I would welcome "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Seeker Collection" or whatever the saga is called. But I wouldn't be mad at "2.9" or something either.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Bravely Default
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
I would welcome "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Seeker Collection" or whatever the saga is called. But I wouldn't be mad at "2.9" or something either.
I think the fanbase would riot. Personally i would love it. Everyone else tends to see no merit in titles that aren't titled to a whole number.

Oracle Spockanort

a female bisexual POC so think before you post
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name
Um, is there any context to the
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Muke

whatever
Awards
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
I don't really care about the names. If anything has "Kingdom Hearts" in it's name, I'll like it (exception: days)

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Bravely Default
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
I don't really care about the names. If anything has "Kingdom Hearts" in it's name, I'll like it (exception: days)
Ha, the people on this forum tend to be more informed about the the importance each title holds. I love most of the titles too, I was referring to more casual players, ya'know the kind players that post on the 'Kingdom hearts' Facebook page *shivers* I don't want to think about it.

7th_heaven

Awards
Nomura burning anger LMAO
[video=youtube;wmY6Y2jVMXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmY6Y2jVMXY&index=1&list=FLsU2k2nO92qDx8uovy-oIDw[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
I think it's the Xehanort Saga, or the Seekers of Darkness Saga. Can't remember, but 2.9 sounds on point, LOL.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
I wonder, will the movement of release date for 2.8 affect the KH3 news we were supposed to receive in Winter?

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
I'm of the hope a PS4 collection is just titled "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts".

It'll confuse those who are already confused by 1.5 / 2.5 but they gotta use Reconnect for something more than offhand secret ending cutscenes.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
  • News Hound
I don't get the appeal about it, and I don't see it ever working as a mainstream movie.
Naw I wouldn't want a mainstream movie, but something in full CGI that's over 30 minutes would be pretty cool. Something like advent children. I guess Back Cover will be a bit like that though, so I'm actually really looking forward to that :p

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
I wonder, will the movement of release date for 2.8 affect the KH3 news we were supposed to receive in Winter?
It was already confirmed to have been moved. I think the news will hit us on March, the month of the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise's anniversary.

I'm of the hope a PS4 collection is just titled "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts".

It'll confuse those who are already confused by 1.5 / 2.5 but they gotta use Reconnect for something more than offhand secret ending cutscenes.
No, no. You're doing it wrong: Reconnect: KINGDOM HEARTS I.5 + II.5 + II.8 = III

xD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
  • Rising Star
I don't get the appeal about it, and I don't see it ever working as a mainstream movie.
Who said anything about mainstream? Everyone knows that video game movies, even when they are good, don't go mainstream :p
I wouldn't really mind a KH-related movie ala something like Kingsglaive that tells its own story that connects to future games in some way. I don't know what the story would be, but hey, Nomura did say that KH3 would start in a place that might make players question, "What the heck is Sora doing here?" so who knows.