• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Meaghan Martin - Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unbound_word

So Meaghan Jette Martin has been voicing Namine since Re:Chain of Memories. And KH2 Final Mix will be released in a few months. Assuming the extra cutscenes will be dubbed, what are the chances that Meaghan will re-record Namine like Corey Burton did for DiZ recently in the 358/2 days HD cutscenes?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think the cutscenes will be silent like they are on my copy of KH2FM (which is patched anyway which might be why), but I could be wrong.

Those scenes were voiced in Theater Mode, so they'll definitely be dubbed for the remaster.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
As Sign said, the cutscenes are only voiced when you watch them in the theatre. Probably you remembered about those cutscenes during the gameplay instead, hence, unvoiced?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I know what she said, even in my theater mode they are unvoiced, but like I also said it may just be the patch I have for the game.

I believe in theatre mode you can choose between the japanese and english dubs, and if you are watching the english dubbed scenes the extra ones would remain silent.

There was a topic on the voice actor dilemma that was fairly popular. I'm not sure what they're going to do, but I can't imagine them not voicing those scenes and they're always consistent with the voices in these games so, they'll probably do what they did with Corey Burton in the Days Cinematic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Something tells me somebody at Disney & SE has been rolling around on the floor thinking about this. It'd be depressing to remove Brittany Snow's performance but for the sake of consistency the only thing that would make sense is either SOMEHOW getting her to reprise her role (which is a waste of money imo when they already have Meghan) or replace it all with Meghan Jette Martin. It wouldn't be the first time in a HD remaster a voice had to be replaced for some reason (be it legal or for consistency)

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I believe in theatre mode you can choose between the japanese and english dubs, and if you are watching the english dubbed scenes the extra ones would remain silent.

There was a topic on the voice actor dilemma that was fairly popular. I'm not sure what they're going to do, but I can't imagine them not voicing those scenes and they're always consistent with the voices in these games so, they'll probably do what they did with Corey Burton in the Days Cinematic.

I'm gonna have to check that out, I didn't realise I could switch it back to Japanese!

Awards
I mean it's not like they couldn't ask Brittany Snow to record it. She's not an A-list celebrity or anything... it's only one scene.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Are there Naminé scenes in IIFM? I've miraculously managed to stay mostly in the dark about its content, the extra cutscenes in particular.

Anyway, it seems they're putting more work into 2.5 than in 1.5, so the FM scenes will probably be voiced, and if that's the case they're probably going to use the current voice actors.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are there Naminé scenes in IIFM? I've miraculously managed to stay mostly in the dark about its content, the extra cutscenes in particular.

Anyway, it seems they're putting more work into 2.5 than in 1.5, so the FM scenes will probably be voiced, and if that's the case they're probably going to use the current voice actors.

Out of the blue I remember there was one extra scene concerning her, Riku (only cloaked) and Axel after Roxas disappeared and Sora boarded the train to Yen Sid's tower. They have a conversation on top of the hill from where you can watch the trains.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I'm gonna have to check that out, I didn't realise I could switch it back to Japanese!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you HAVE to have a 'game completed' save file from Re:CoM for the option to switch between Japanese and English voices.

Since I finished Re: CoM before I even touched KHIIFM back in the day, I never got to experience Theater Mode without JP voices, but I have heard so many people confused about the scenes being voiced in JP without them knowing, along with some VERY old topics where I read about it years ago, that I'm positive you have to complete Re:CoM first.

WaveK89

I don't know...Put them side by side, and you can hear the difference. Otherwise, I usually don't see much difference in Naminè otherwise. Naminè is one of my favorite characters, and I could be biased in saying that both girls portray Naminè very well and alike. I'm fine with whomever they choose.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As odd as this may sound, I think the best thing to do at this point is to simply use Meaghan Jeane Martin for the one scene in II: Final Mix and have her also record her lines for Re:coded. I suppose they could simply keep Brittany Snow's voicetrack for the rest of II: Final Mix. Casual fans won't really see the difference while those of us that lean a tad bit more toward the side of the hardcore gamer can at least understand the necessity of having the line dubbed while preserving the work of the other.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
As odd as this may sound, I think the best thing to do at this point is to simply use Meaghan Jeane Martin for the one scene in II: Final Mix and have her also record her lines for Re:coded. I suppose they could simply keep Brittany Snow's voicetrack for the rest of II: Final Mix. Casual fans won't really see the difference while those of us that lean a tad bit more toward the side of the hardcore gamer can at least understand the necessity of having the line dubbed while preserving the work of the other.

That didn't stop them from redubbing all archived voices in games where they had to have new lines and old.

It's really interesting because no matter what they do, it's going to be weird.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's really interesting because no matter what they do, it's going to be weird.

Except if they somehow managed to get Brittany Snow back, in which case it would be even more interesting for me. Considering that she's been absent for almost a decade now, though, it seems to be highly unlikely, if not downright impossible; she's practically the Billy Zane of KH2.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Except if they somehow managed to get Brittany Snow back, in which case it would be even more interesting for me. Considering that she's been absent for almost a decade now, though, it seems to be highly unlikely, if not downright impossible; she's practically the Billy Zane of KH2.

Right, and if she came back after all this time I would consider it weird.

(though not unpleasant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back