• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maybe a New Spin-Off This Way Comes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lixg

Well, in my opinion it is a little fishy how they are developing a game solemnly focusing on Roxas and his state while at Org. 13. Moreover, it became more weird to me now that the game is shifting more toward the appearance of Xion. I think Square is trying to introduce a spin-off more around her/he/it. What do you guys think?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
No. Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story.
BBS aside, there are no KH games centered around anyone but Sora.
Even still, BBS's underlying story revolves around Sora.

So no.

Lixg

I would have to disagree with you point. First of, correct me if I am wrong, didn't Nomura said that Sora's story is done, hence him trying to go back in time to explain what is left from it? Besides I still stand by my theory. Roxa's solo game is very fishy since you are neither going back in time or the future.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
No. Roxas is Sora in a way and since KH is Sora's stor I dont think that we will see any non-sora Related stories any time soon. 'Cides BBS, but that still pertains to Sora if, well because of the Ven-Roxas-Sora inevitable connection.

A

Audo

I would have to disagree with you point. First of, correct me if I am wrong, didn't Nomura said that Sora's story is done, hence him trying to go back in time to explain what is left from it? Besides I still stand by my theory. Roxa's solo game is very fishy since you are neither going back in time or the future.
No, Nomura said the opposite. He said that Sora's Story is not over.

And the entire series revolves around Sora.
And so far, there haven't been a single 'spin-off' game in the KH series. No need to start now.

Lixg

True, I see where you are trying to get at Masta, but what would you have to say about Xion. I mean, at the beginning of Roxas' game the perception was that it was Roxas game, but now with the introduction of Xion it looks like it is rather going to be about her rather than him.

Lixg

I am not sure if you guys are close minded about a spin-off or we are maturely discussing this?

Faris

Perfect Harmony

consider yourself corrected. noruma stated it is not done.

Lixg

I would like to see a spin-off to be honest here, I mean we all kinda know that Sora's story is done. There is nothing to add that the upcoming games will not add. And if we take the new secrets that the new games will introduce we could already call that a spin-off hence my point about Xion.

Lixg

Yeah, I mean I like the game I would like to see the story progress and not just desperately invent stupid ways to make sequels.

Cealis

Memory Skyscaper. Damn those people running up it.
Kingdom Hearts, as stated by an interview with Nomura, is Sora's story. Any game with Kingdom Hearts in it has to pertain to Sora in some way/shape/form. If you look at everything that is coming out, there is a strong link to Sora through it, be it a game explaining the oddities of Roxas, or a game explaining why Sora was "Ten years too young" to weild a keyblade. It all fits pretty well.

Plus, it has been stated that Xion will serve as a reason for Roxas' deflection from the Organization. So, yes the game will have a good bit to deal with her, but only because she is oen of the reasons Roxas left, and possibly the reason that he even was caught by Ansem the Wise and the events in KH2 could happen.

I will be honest and say that the idea for spin offs of the series that do not explain questions left unanswered by the first three games would, to me, seem a bad idea on Square's part. That doesn't mean I don't think it can't happen, it just means I'd rather not see it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I am not sure if you guys are close minded about a spin-off or we are maturely discussing this?

We are maturely discussing. Are you looking for a reason to call us closed minded?

Lixg

Well Aquaven, what I mean is, I would rather continue to play the game in the future. And i was just wondering what is going to be that future. That is all^^

No No, don't get me wrong. Is just that I have been to many Boards concerning games and I know that ppl can be a little paranoid with their ideals. Just wanted to trade a few of my thoughts with the public^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Well Aquaven, what I mean is, I would rather continue to play the game in the future. And i was just wondering what is going to be that future. That is all^^

The future is 358/2, Coded, and BBS in that order I believe.

Then KH3.

Also, don't double post.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Ohh i see so your wondering why the Spin offs. probably cause Noruma doesn't quite want to continue Sora's story yet. He probably wants to solve all the mysteries already in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back