• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's Appearance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Why is he old again (why is he in his original state) as a complete person now Ansem and Xemnas have been destroyed (even though they're back through time travel)? This has literally went over the top of my head till I sat and watched the ending of DDD again. Shouldn't he look like Terranort?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Deliberate mystery on Nomura's part. It's not meant to be understood yet:

DDD Ultimania said:
Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Yeah, that kinda confuses me too. If anything, I'd expect something like Terra's body sleeping in an Awakening, encased in Eraqus' armor that's protecting him from being taken.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Totally lost on that one like it just doesn't make sense to me. Additionally why does he disappear to 'whence' he came (actual quote 'Whence we came'), shouldn't he just exist now and use corridors of darkness or something? Why do Braig and Isa disappear like that too, I really sincerely doubt they're from the past, what would be the point when they should exist as full beings anyway? KHIII better explain every scrutinizing little detail about this gathering cause right now it doesn't make sense haha.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Totally lost on that one like it just doesn't make sense to me.
The DDD Ultimania quote, or what I just said? If the latter, imagine Ven's heart being inside of Sora to parallel Eraqus' heart being inside of Terra. When Sora was put to sleep by the Org in DDD, Ven's armor protected Sora. Not exactly the same scenarios, but Terra did imply that Eraqus' heart will protect him somehow.

Additionally why does he disappear to 'whence' he came (actual quote 'Whence we came'), shouldn't he just exist now and use corridors of darkness or something? Why do Braig and Isa disappear like that too, I really sincerely doubt they're from the past, what would be the point when they should exist as full beings anyway? KHIII better explain every scrutinizing little detail about this gathering cause right now it doesn't make sense haha.
Given how we don't know who's time-traveling and who's not, and that, as Nomura expressed, there may be circumstances regarding Xehanortification that we don't know of (perhaps Xehanortification is affected by time-traveling, or vice versa?), there's not a lot we can say or assume for sure.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I had no idea Eraqus had his heart with Terra or anything like that at all, I simply presumed Eraqus died and that was that.

Nah. The moment Eraqus' body fell into Terra's, his heart made its way inside him. Later, during Blank Points, MX said something along the lines of:

Ohhh, so you're harbouring someone else's heart within your own? Eraqus, you sly fox...

Further implications by Nomura virtually confirm that Eraqus' heart is within Terra, and may be key to Terra resisting MX's control.

Eventually, anyways. Since, y'know, Terra's clearly done a real damn good job at resisting MX's control past BBS.

State

Awards
Y'know, I was thinking, like a sort of plot-twist that involves revealing that, the Master Xehanort we see "forming" in Where Nothing Gathers, is actually another Xehanort the young version picked-up in another time, while Terra, who's been with the heroes all this time, is actually the real Xehanort (in complete domination over Terra's body, posing as him).

khandbz

I think terra found a way out of xehanort with that said in kh2 final mix sora goes agianst terra so maybe sqaure enix is saying terra found a way out:cool:.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Y'know, I was thinking, like a sort of plot-twist that involves revealing that, the Master Xehanort we see "forming" in Where Nothing Gathers, is actually another Xehanort the young version picked-up in another time, while Terra, who's been with the heroes all this time, is actually the real Xehanort (in complete domination over Terra's body, posing as him).
There's the problem of how to reason MX calling the shots, though. The idea of the 13 SoD is to fill everyone with the same mind. Assuming that it's MX mind, how is he the one with the privilege of having the "leader mind?"

I think terra found a way out of xehanort with that said in kh2 final mix sora goes agianst terra so maybe sqaure enix is saying terra found a way out:cool:.
MX said something like:

One of your Guardians of Light is on my side.

Given that Terra would be the only logical person to fit that description, odds are that Terra's in control of MX.

Seighart

Awards
Lol I was always afraid to ask this myself. Part of me wishes to believe that Terras Heart and body went to Vanitas because of that really random cut scene with Vans ghost or whatever appearing next to YX. Why? I completely forgot why I thought this...I think it was because they used time travel to Split Terranorts heart so that one (Teraqus heart) would go to Van and the other, back to MX. I think I'm drunk with fan wishes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That wasn't Terra. That was his Lingering Sentiment, the final will of his heart and mind before Xehanort took his body which now animates his armor. We play as the Lingering Sentiment in BBS against Xehanort in Terra's body. This was the final fight in Terra's story.

Some theorize it is his Keyblade that keeps the armor going, but we'll see.

Lol I was always afraid to ask this myself. Part of me wishes to believe that Terras Heart and body went to Vanitas because of that really random cut scene with Vans ghost or whatever appearing next to YX. Why? I completely forgot why I thought this...I think it was because they used time travel to Split Terranorts heart so that one (Teraqus heart) would go to Van and the other, back to MX. I think I'm drunk with fan wishes.

Not sure how the two connect. Young Xehanort is a Xehanort from the distant past when Master Xehanort was a young man on Destiny Island LONG before he is an old man and steals Terra's body.

Vanitas appearing next to Young Xehanort seems to imply some kind of connection between Sora, Ventus, Vanitas, and Xehanort. Terra would not be connected to any of them.

Terra's split between Xemnas and Ansem: Seeker of Darness.

Seighart

Awards
That wasn't Terra. That was his Lingering Sentiment, the final will of his heart and mind before Xehanort took his body which now animates his armor. We play as the Lingering Sentiment in BBS against Xehanort in Terra's body. This was the final fight in Terra's story.

Some theorize it is his Keyblade that keeps the armor going, but we'll see.

Not sure how the two connect. Young Xehanort is a Xehanort from the distant past when Master Xehanort was a young man on Destiny Island LONG before he is an old man and steals Terra's body.

Vanitas appearing next to Young Xehanort seems to imply some kind of connection between Sora, Ventus, Vanitas, and Xehanort. Terra would not be connected to any of them.

Terra's split between Xemnas and Ansem: Seeker of Darness.

What I think I was implying, is that time travel is completely left to Nomura and I was just going on about God knows what. If Xehanort can take the darkness out of someone's heart, I don't see why he can't "Dissect" a heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That last bit seems a bit odd in the light of that it was Terra's close connection with Ventus which played a big role in BBS, as Xehanort explicitly stated them to be "as close as brothers".

But of course the idea of Terra's heart being with Vanitas is rather farfetched.

Last edited:

Xammag

I would think that when the heartless and nobody are destroyed and go back to their original self, they know what their original self really is. Apprentice Xehanort is essentially an abomination and a disgrace by whoever did it (cough MX) as it's Terra's body and heart with MX's heart gaining priority over Terra's. Then, after MX goofed it all up in the BBS ending, you basically have MX and Terra's hearts trapped within an amnesiac who has the tendencies and gains the memories of both of them (Xemnas talking to Aqua's armor calling her friend, yet the very clear MX tendencies).

In my mind, it just makes more sense that with the time travel aside, a heart would go back to its original body, not some artificial magic experiment that MX conjured up. Nature knows itself and often rejects what's artificial, and this is the nature of the KH world. As to where their bodies are, Apprentice Xehanort's body is just Terra's body with gray hair anyway, so he'd go back into that, which is the body Xemnas had. MX's body is no doubt around somewhere, as I don't think the man with plans within plans would just assume he never needed his original body again.

Nobody Cares

Hmmm...Well I'm guessing this is like what happened near the end of KH1. Ansem SoD possessed Riku and somehow made the body look physically like himself. I think MX did the same thing in Terra's case.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hmmm...Well I'm guessing this is like what happened near the end of KH1. Ansem SoD possessed Riku and somehow made the body look physically like himself. I think MX did the same thing in Terra's case.

While that is true for Ansem SoD, why would MX do that with terra's body when he didn't at the end of BBS?

Nobody Cares

While that is true for Ansem SoD, why would MX do that with terra's body when he didn't at the end of BBS?
That is a good point, but I think it has something to do with the power of darkness. In KH1 before the player faces Ansem SoD, he first appeared as Riku and then changed appearace in a shroud of dark aura. As someone already mentioned, it is possible that Eraqus could have found his way to Terra's heart and his light is helping Terra to keep MX's power at bay.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That is a good point, but I think it has something to do with the power of darkness. In KH1 before the player faces Ansem SoD, he first appeared as Riku and then changed appearace in a shroud of dark aura. As someone already mentioned, it is possible that Eraqus could have found his way to Terra's heart and his light is helping Terra to keep MX's power at bay.
But what about after terranort lost his memory? He would've lost his knowledge of his power and wouldn't be able to change the appearance.
And why would MX want to make a younger body look like his older frail one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back