• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent's Voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I started a new file in 1.5 and noticed something that caught me off guard. The scene with Jafar and Maleficent in Agrabah. When they started talking I noticed that Maleficent sounded as if she were in an enclosed area with echo, but Jafar spoke normally, without the eerie echo.
I watched some scenes on YouTube and noticed it also in the scene with Hades. What do you guys think? Can you hear the echo or is it me going crazy? Does it hold purpose? Perhaps its meant to give her character a more ominous feel seeing how other Disney Villains don't have the echo effect.

Mind this is from the original game but its the same audio. I couldn't find a video without people talking.
[video=youtube;A5Va8mc8O9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Va8mc8O9A[/video]

Beardman

I always thought it was because she was actually projecting an image of herself from Hollow Bastion. I obviously have no way to confirm this, but thats what I always though when first playing the game. Being in the Chapel, her voice could turn out pretty echo-y.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Actually, I can't even remember a single instance in which Maleficent's voice don't echo.

I'm currently replaying BbS. When playing as Ventus, I noticed that her voice echoed, too, but figured it might be due to the fact that at that time, Maleficent and Ventus were in a huge room where echoes are natural. But then, when I played as Aqua and fought her on the bridge, her (Maleficent's) voice had the same echo. I haven't played as Terra, but I suspect it's going to be the same.

I always thought that it's because she is, you know, the most powerful Disney villain. Probably the echo is intentional to give her this air of evil magnificence.

Korai

Awards
Actually, I can't even remember a single instance in which Maleficent's voice don't echo.

I'm currently replaying BbS. When playing as Ventus, I noticed that her voice echoed, too, but figured it might be due to the fact that at that time, Maleficent and Ventus were in a huge room where echoes are natural. But then, when I played as Aqua and fought her on the bridge, her (Maleficent's) voice had the same echo. I haven't played as Terra, but I suspect it's going to be the same.

I always thought that it's because she is, you know, the most powerful Disney villain. Probably the echo is intentional to give her this air of evil magnificence.
I don't think her voice echoes when Terra talks to her, if I remember correctly.

Light

faster than
Awards

Yes, definitely this. Sounds more mysterious, and suitable for a sorcerer of her calibre. On a further note, in Sleeping Beauty (the movie), does her voice echo? If it does, then there is your definite answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back