• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making the game harder

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
The purpose of this thread is to give oneself challenges while playing through the game, for those that love the extra levels of difficulty.

For KH2, I did challenges such as Level 1 playthrough (still incomplete), no healing challenge, no magic challenge, no limit challenge, no items challenge, no drives challenge, the last 5 all in one challenge, no damage attempts, no reflect attempts, et cetera. But now, it's Day's turn.

I've already completed the game on Normal mode, then again on Proud mode without the use of potions, ethers, and only had 3 level 1 Curas which I never really used, so I "almost" did a no-heal run.

The other obvious challenge would be a Level 1 playthrough, but I'm not quite certain if I'm up for that, at least not so soon. I was thinking of doing a run while only using one-half of my level panels, or not using any Level Double, Triple, or Quad panels. But I can't really think of anything else. A "No Magic" challenge would be monotonous and more time consuming than hard.

Let it be known that with these restrictions, my only intention is to beat the game on Proud Mode, not really to complete the Challenge Missions.

What are your ideas or suggestions?

Gram

Banned
Awards
To me, that's possibly even worse than the "No Magic" challenge. I want the challenges to be more difficult than time consuming.
just posting a suggestion.

UnstoppableSound

The purpose of this thread is to give oneself challenges while playing through the game, for those that love the extra levels of difficulty.

For KH2, I did challenges such as Level 1 playthrough (still incomplete), no healing challenge, no magic challenge, no limit challenge, no items challenge, no drives challenge, the last 5 all in one challenge, no damage attempts, no reflect attempts, et cetera. But now, it's Day's turn.

I've already completed the game on Normal mode, then again on Proud mode without the use of potions, ethers, and only had 3 level 1 Curas which I never really used, so I "almost" did a no-heal run.

The other obvious challenge would be a Level 1 playthrough, but I'm not quite certain if I'm up for that, at least not so soon. I was thinking of doing a run while only using one-half of my level panels, or not using any Level Double, Triple, or Quad panels. But I can't really think of anything else. A "No Magic" challenge would be monotonous and more time consuming than hard.

Let it be known that with these restrictions, my only intention is to beat the game on Proud Mode, not really to complete the Challenge Missions.

What are your ideas or suggestions?

I don't understand the point of doing these challenges in the first place. They just sound painful and annoying, but, whatever gets you off.

White Mushroom

I don't understand the point of doing these challenges in the first place. They just sound painful and annoying, but, whatever gets you off.
Me neither, not really. I sorta see that people want the game to be harder but .... really? This is just too far. I think what you people are doing is taking away from the game rather than adding to it, but if this is fun for you enjoy! I just know I would get super angry at my game and then well... I wouldn't like it as much. Also, there are no sweet unlockables for torturing yourself. :p

Last edited:

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Simply because some people love a challenge. People do it all the time.

Why do you think they have the "HP drains continuously" option in Mission Mode?

UnstoppableSound

Simply because some people love a challenge. People do it all the time.

Why do you think they have the "HP drains continuously" option in Mission Mode?

Yes I know, but what's the point? You're torturing yourself, when you could be doing something better with your life...I mean, it clearly takes a long time to clear the game once again, especially with some insane restriction.

Stuff like "HP drains continuously" is part of the game though, so it makes sense. However, adding your own little restrictions just doesn't make sense because it isn't normally part of the game. If there was a option to toggle this kind of stuff on, well that would make a little more sense (but still I don't see a point in doing it).

You people have fun though..

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Yes I know, but what's the point? You're torturing yourself, when you could be doing something better with your life...

Oh god. How could I have ever thought you were a decent member? First the bashing some guy for having 10k or so posts, and now this "you could be doing better things with your life" bit? Sorry, I am a loser. I have absolutely no life. Because I like playing video games. Even though the Kingdom Hearts serious is just about the only videogame series I play, I have no life. I'm going to live my life in poverty and will regret the day I ever held a videogame controller in my hand. If playing a videogame in my spare time makes me a loser, than that's too bad for me by your standards.

I don't think I've ever intentionally bashed another forum member to this extent to date, not even Aqua., but grow the fuck up.

I mean, it clearly takes a long time to clear the game once again, especially with some insane restriction. Stuff like "HP drains continuously" is part of the game though, so it makes sense. However, adding your own little restrictions just doesn't make sense because it isn't normally part of the game. If there was a option to toggle this kind of stuff on, well that would make a little more sense (but still I don't see a point in doing it)

The keywords here are "Fun Factor". I play Kingdom Hearts for gameplay more critically than your average KHer. Since most KH games are too easy, and I'm a person who loves a challenge, I make my own challenges. Like Kingdom Hearts II for example, I hate using things like Codebreaker or Gameshark because it makes the game too easy, although I have used Codebreaker to make the game harder. How? Fighting multiple bosses at once. Fighting 3 Xigbars at once? Having Saix and Axel team up on you? How about Xigbar and two Xaldins? It's fun. Very fun. If "HP drains continuously" was an option in regular storymode, I'd do it. Don't doubt it, I really would.

You people have fun though..

I will, thanks.

UnstoppableSound

Oh god. How could I have ever thought you were a decent member? First the bashing some guy for having 10k or so posts, and now this "you could be doing better things with your life" bit? Sorry, I am a loser. I have absolutely no life. Because I like playing video games. Even though the Kingdom Hearts serious is just about the only videogame series I play, I have no life. I'm going to live my life in poverty and will regret the day I ever held a videogame controller in my hand. If playing a videogame in my spare time makes me a loser, than that's too bad for me by your standards.

No, you're a loser and have no life because you waste your time doing stupid unnecessary challenges. Play the series all you want (it's also the only series I play), but don't bother doing dumb challenges like "LET'S DO IT THROUGH 100X WITH 1 HP @ LEVEL ONE WITH THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM KEY!!!". So, relax.

I don't think I've ever intentionally bashed another forum member to this extent to date, not even Aqua., but grow the fuck up.

I'm quite full grown. And I love your anger. It's hilarious and unnecessary. Keep it coming, I love this entertainment.

Anyway, relax. I'm sorry if I offended you. I just don't understand this concept of doing torturing challenges when there are better things to do (like play a different game at least). My apologies.

Naxyld

Heh, when I want to challenge myself I play as Demyx. I still have no idea on how to use his Limit...

S

Shadow Soldier

No, you're a loser and have no life because you waste your time doing stupid unnecessary challenges. Play the series all you want (it's also the only series I play), but don't bother doing dumb challenges like "LET'S DO IT THROUGH 100X WITH 1 HP @ LEVEL ONE WITH THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM KEY!!!". So, relax.

I'd say you're a loser for coming onto a forum dedicated to a game and bashing other people because they want more of a challenge out of that game. You're also the one who has no life because of the same reason already stated. You're no different, you're just as bad. Suck it up Princess and stop denying the obvious.

UnstoppableSound

I'd say you're a loser for coming onto a forum dedicated to a game and bashing other people because they want more of a challenge out of that game. You're also the one who has no life because of the same reason already stated. You're no different, you're just as bad. Suck it up Princess and stop denying the obvious.

Ugh...you again?
Please. Just leave. I don't care for what you have to say, and your comments do not affect me at all.
I would appreciate if you didn't come out of nowhere every time a complication arises and butt in (something you previously were against, hypocrite). Once again, you're wasting your time with your words, so please, just slink back into your oxygen-deficient mother's basement Mr. 11, 000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back