• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Make the awkwardness go away

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Okay, this is my problem. 2 days ago I was standing in front of my locker, talking to someone when this girl comes up to me. Scartch that, she was dragged over by a friend of her's. I know her, and am somewhat close to her, sorta a friend status situation. And, this is where the conflict begins, she asks me to this semi-formal thing we're having in a month or so. Now, I might be wrong, but I think I stood in front of her for about 10 sec. without saying anything. Then I said "Sure" and she smiled and walked away.

PROBLEM A) I hate semi-formals, or any kind of dance for that matter
PROBLEM B) I hate teenage relationship crap
PROBLEM C) Ever since then, there's been this really awkwardness between us since she asked me out.

I'm still going to the semi with her, I said I would, and it's not like she's not a nice girl and everything. But I just hate this stuff, and I want the awkwardness to go away. Since my friends would be all like "Dude!!! WAy to go man!!!.", and I don't feel like going through something like that, I turned to here.

How do I make the awkwardness go away?

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Explain it to her nicely.

Ask if she wants to do something else that night [hang out, or something. A group would make it less awkward.]

If all else fails, feign sickness, cowardly as that is.

Jopari

Dances aren't that bad. The music sucks though because your school is prolly too cheap to hire a live band and got a DJ who can't set up a speaker set without it being uber-loud. Oh, and you'll be forced to listen to a fake brand of music for most the night.

But on with your problem. The awkwardness is caused by the fact that neither of you is sure of the intentions of the other. Or at least that's what it's probably caused by. However, making it go away can be a bit difficult. You can talk to the girl and find out if she's looking for a relationship beyond friendship. Once you clear up whether you are looking to be more than friends or not it can remove the awkwardness. Or amplify it.

Yeah, that wouldn't be good.

Going to the dance in a group of mutual friends can ease the pressure and awkwardness at the dance. Of course, it can also lead to a slow dance in which your group of friends betrays you and forces you and the girl onto the dance floor and blockades the exits.

Also not good, and not a permanent solution.

The best thing to do is talk about it with the girl and clear up any issues between you. Hopefully by making both of your expectations clear you can get by the awkwardness of the situation and enjoy the dance.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Dances aren't that bad. The music sucks though because your school is prolly too cheap to hire a live band and got a DJ who can't set up a speaker set without it being uber-loud. Oh, and you'll be forced to listen to a fake brand of music for most the night.
Yea... reason A why I hate these things. The music always sux cuz they play Hip Hop and Rap and.... Country (shakes in disgust *no offence to the ppl who like those kinds of music*)

But on with your problem. The awkwardness is caused by the fact that neither of you is sure of the intentions of the other. Or at least that's what it's probably caused by. However, making it go away can be a bit difficult. You can talk to the girl and find out if she's looking for a relationship beyond friendship. Once you clear up whether you are looking to be more than friends or not it can remove the awkwardness. Or amplify it.
I figured that out, but how the hell do I start a conversation like that? Plus I have no idea what my own intentions are.

Going to the dance in a group of mutual friends can ease the pressure and awkwardness at the dance. Of course, it can also lead to a slow dance in which your group of friends betrays you and forces you and the girl onto the dance floor and blockades the exits.

Well... here's the problem. The friends I have who have girlfriends either
A) Hate dances as much as I do
B) Would do said betraying
C) I can't stand being around them when they're around they're GF
or D) Would make it even more awkward.

Jopari

I figured that out, but how the hell do I start a conversation like that? Plus I have no idea what my own intentions are.

Well, think about whether you want this girl as a friend, or as something more. After you do that you can start the conversation in a few ways. The simplest would be to ask to talk to her alone for a moment. You could talk to her through an instant messenger if you're afraid of face to face contact, but it makes taking anything seriously harder.

I say you just start talking to her and simply steer the conversation towards the dance. Once you're on the subject try asking her why she asked you. I have an idea already, because judging by the fact that her friend pushed her over to her she has a crush on you.

Well... here's the problem. The friends I have who have girlfriends either
A) Hate dances as much as I do
B) Would do said betraying
C) I can't stand being around them when they're around they're GF
or D) Would make it even more awkward.

Well, that raises some problems. You can drag them along bu guilting them into it. Of course, you could conspire with their girlfriends to get them to drag them along, but you'd just have to deal with the fact that they'd be all touchy feely around you.

If they betray you then you could always slip off the dance floor and hide in a crowd. I have a small school and can still manage to get lost on the dance floor during dances. You probably have a larger school and it'll be easier. Of course, the girl would have to agree to it and not want to dance.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Well, think about whether you want this girl as a friend, or as something more. After you do that you can start the conversation in a few ways. The simplest would be to ask to talk to her alone for a moment. You could talk to her through an instant messenger if you're afraid of face to face contact, but it makes taking anything seriously harder.

I say you just start talking to her and simply steer the conversation towards the dance. Once you're on the subject try asking her why she asked you. I have an idea already, because judging by the fact that her friend pushed her over to her she has a crush on you.

Ahh.... that's another problem. I have no idea what I want to do. I think I like her, and she's really kew;, but I don't think I want a relationship >.<. But at the same time I think I do and.... ARGGGGGGGG (throws a Moogle out his window and comes back to computer.)

Of course, you could conspire with their girlfriends to get them to drag them along, but you'd just have to deal with the fact that they'd be all touchy feely around you.

That would work.... if they all didn't hate me. I suppose it's my fault for calling most of them bitches, but it's not my fault it's true >.>;. Or they all think I'm weird (And I don't blame them.)

afrobutt

Silver Member
Whelp, even though nobody seems to give a damn, I thought i'd update ya'll on my situation.

THE AWKWARDNESS IS GONE!!!! WEW!!!!!!!!!!. Lol, anyway me and her hung out during one of our classes and had conversations like we had before ^^. We even brought up the dance, a few times actually. It doesn't rlly seem like that big of a deal now.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, that's good. I would've got here sooner, but I didn't see the thread.

Glad you two are good, hope that it lasts for however long you wish.

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;
Good to hear the problem is solved, Ningacom ^^

Well, then, good luck and have fun with the dance. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back