• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Madagascar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Alright. I wanted to see this movie. Wanted is the key word here.

My youth group leader went to see it with his two year old son. He told my youth group this:

It's a terrible movie. It's made for little kids, but little kids shouldn't be seeing this. There is a part in the end where the penguins are trying to get to Antartica. All you see is white, and one of the penguins shrugs and says "Well this sucks." To us this is no big deal. But do little kids who are about 5 or something, should they really be seeing this?
Also, the animals are trying to get off an island. They put up a help sign. As the scene continues, the help sign starts to fall apart, like the letters are coming off. Right before we continue to a new scene, it turns to Hell. Now, this again is no big thing to us, but again, do 5-year-olds really need to see this?
He also said that there weren't even that funny of parts. He was even at a restaraunt and overheard two people discussing this. They also agreed that it was horrible.
He doesn't even recomend renting it unless you're desperate.

So after hearing this, I've heard it's awful. The humor is crude, above a 5-year-old's head and made for older people, regardless of the fact it's made for little kids. He didn't even think it was that funny. So even from a grown man's perspective it, well..stinks. :/

So joc, you all seen it yet? And your thoughts? Yes, he is my youth group leader, but he also heard stuff from people who aren't youth group leaders. So far all I've heard is that it's awful.

(And I don't think there's a topic on this yet..)

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Well thanks in a way. I also wanted to see that movie untill you just pointed all that out. In all hounestly i swear it looks like a pretty good movie. I guess im gonna have to pass on this one now but what the hell.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah i'll still rent it just for the hell of it, and curiousity of course. Now i think i wanna see it twice as much as before just to see what the hell was wrong with it and how bad it actually was.

Duckboy

Website
www.likeathousandwords.com
*rolls eyes*
No offense, but a youth group isn't exactly the best source to be getting a review from.
And neither is random guys that this youth group leader overheard.
And critics don't know crap about movies, so they don't count either.
Madagascar was awesome. "This sucks". Yes, they do say that. Like it's really that bad. The movie was funny and a fun ride, and much more family oriented than their other films (Antz and Shrek were family films, but they had a lot of things that went over kid's heads).

I saw this movie twice. I'd have to say it's probably my favorite Dreamworks movie next to Antz.

EDIT: And Napoleon Dynomite is amazing.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Ok, I just saw this movie today and I was basically cracking up throughout the entire movie.

Sure, I may be immature and laugh at the simplest things but hey, that's not the point. The Penguins were awesome. "Well this sucks!". Lmao, it was funny because Skipper had been building Antartica up as being this amazing place full of activity and when they got there..... well you understand. And as for the "HELL", what's wrong with it? It's just a word and it was spelt out too. There was a Planet of the Apes referance in there and when came the part where he should have said "Damn you all to hell!", they replaced 'hell' with 'heck'. That should be enough.

Now, back to prasing to the movie. The Lemurs and the Penguins were the funniest things about the movie. I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid the king lemur was xD And the Cedric the Entertainer lemur was funny too. Oh and the monkeys! They're only in it for a bit but they are classics.

But, never judge a movie based on others opinions. See it for yourself and then judge it. That's what I have to say about it.

PS. I hated Napolean Dynamite. Bored me to hell.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's rated PG isn't it?

If you don't think your child can handle it don't take him.

I personally hate that movie, but hell and sucks are not even swears.

It's not a movie for pre-schoolers, but pre-schoolers see Shrek.

My mom took me to see Austin Powers when I was young, but that didn't mean I went around school repeating stuff.

Anyway, people don't give 5 year olds enough credit.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
:/ Really?

Meh, I don't think I'll end up seeing it in the theaters mainly because that guy hasn't been wrong yet...<_< And what's wrong with getting info from him? You get info from friends and trust him.

Anyways, I did just post this to get opinion. So far you all have seen it and said it was good. Yet we're all teens. So in short, the movie was directed for a teenager? Even though it seriously looks like a kid's movie?

Though..I'm also guessing this is one of those things where you kinda gotta like stupid humor? (Like I've heard Napoleon Dynamite is..yes, I haven't seen this either..I will someday..)

(About the 5-year-old thing..meh, his kid is two years old..<_< He didn't even pay enough attention, but true, parents really shouldn't be taking kids to see it if it's got stuff like that).

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
I heard that this movie was only about an hour long. I'd rather watch Star Wars a second time again or one of the Shrek movies I have on DVD.

Nearly all the people I know, said it sucked. They said it was the most boring thing that they had ever seen. Do I trust them? Yeah. This movie probably one of those movies that don't make sense or bores the heck out of you.

The only part that people tell me was funny is when the penguins start dancing to "I Like to Move it"

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
In my opinion that movie looks gay.

Also in my opinion i think that the word "hell" is nothing to five year olds as I've heard worse things come out of their mouth. I think that's basically from like a sheltered person's point of view.

Also I must agree youth groups aren't exactly the best source for movie reviews(then again i'm pretty anti-social).

Also, Napoleon Dynamite was crap.

UnknownEnigma

hahaha well to me the lemurs were the only funny part....that rave thing. the rest wasnt to funny sure i smiled but no HAHAHA and for the kids thing....theyre just kids! unless you take them to see it 5 times then sure maybe theyll start getting it but like whoever upthere said you gotta judge it by yourself dont go on by others opinions. and napolean.....i just watched it and a smile here and there dont see how my friends were all THIS IS A GRETA MOVIE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back