• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
This week's episode was definitely my favorite thus far.

Not having to introduce the characters really let them focus on the narrative, and putting Lupin and Jigen together this time worked out super well. The setting and animation were also a step up from last week's

This one felt, dare I say, a bit like Cowboy Bebop-lite?

Oh, and did I mention that the dialog was fantastic?

Because the dialog was fantastic.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
The moment I'd been waiting for, Lupin and Jigens' first meeting was something I was looking forward to since the series started.

I wasn't let down.

Fantastic episode. Wondering what'll be the episode if there is the episode where Jigen and Lupin finally join up as a duo.

Bebop lite...I can see that I think.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Wow, this week's episode actually improved on last week's.

I'm impressed.

Mine Fujiko's dream sequence was stellar. Also:

damn oscar O_O

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I actually rose from where I was sitting when Oscar was revealed to be the girl. Did not expect that in the slightest.

But another great episode and yeah, they are improving with each week. I'm sad that we have probably just hit the half way point really.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
well i officially can't wait for the finale next week

set everything up for one massive showdown

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
having just watched the finale, just dropping in to say this series was fucking baller overall

i'd probably have to say that kids on the slope was probably the overall stronger show from last season, but lupin was easily a close second

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
It's not that I don't want to feel like a bad person, because I most definitely am, but because Comcast caught me and gave me a warning. So I'm on the straight and narrow from here on out.

Thanks for the link though bro.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
having just watched the finale, just dropping in to say this series was kupoing baller overall

i'd probably have to say that kids on the slope was probably the overall stronger show from last season, but lupin was easily a close second

I'll agree with that.

It was a completely Lupin than I've experienced before but was also very welcomed. Loved every second, full of trippyness, swag and owls.

Also...is there another Lupin special/series coming out soon? I seem to recall another trailer for the 40th anniversary of Lupin, still with Koike in charge but I don't think it was for The Women called Fujiko Mine.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Watching episode 3 as I type this. This series has some of the best art in anime I've seen in a long time, and it's just a blast to watch. It has a major Cowboy Bebop vibe to it with me for some reason. Absolutely loving the designs too, probably gonna marathon this stuff and finish it soon.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
koike being the full director this time and the fact that it's a film pretty much ensures that this film will look miles better than the tv series, which already looked amazing

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The series dates back all the way back to the 60's/70's right? Would watching this series be a good way to get into Lupin?

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Depends really. There are various iterations of Lupin, all recognisable by their jacket. Green, red, pink...and...blue? I think. Generally though, if Lupin has a red or green jacket you are in business.

Haven't actually watched the original series though, I've only seen Castle of Cagliostro, a few of the movies and Fujiko Mine.

I would say Castle of Cagliostro is the best place to start. Miyazaki directed Lupin. What more you need?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah, this particular show was my first Lupin series and I'd say it's as good an introduction as any (excluding the castle of cagliostro movie). The animation/designs are amazing, the characterization is spot on, the music is cool, and it's overall just a really fun show. It's a bit of a style over substance affair, but the style is so captivating that it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back