• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The series dates back all the way back to the 60's/70's right? Would watching this series be a good way to get into Lupin?

The manga was late 60s, and the first anime was early 70s.

If you're interested; the three original TV series, Castle of Cagliostro, Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Secret of Mamo, and Green vs. Red are all available on Hulu. Just understand that the original series has aged quite a bit, especially the first TV series.

Depends really. There are various iterations of Lupin, all recognisable by their jacket. Green, red, pink...and...blue? I think. Generally though, if Lupin has a red or green jacket you are in business.

There isn't really a blue jacket. The green jacket just looks blue sometimes, depending on the lighting, lol

Though, if you count the live-action film, then he's also had a white jacket.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Adult Swim used to run the tv series. Dunno which one, but that's the Lupin I "grew up" with. Watched Castle of Cagliostro just because it was a Miyazaki movie, and still haven't finished the Fujiko one.

This new one's gonna be interesting. If I remember right, Jigen is Lupin's oldest ally/friend. To cover their first meeting, Lupin's going to be really young.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
There isn't really a blue jacket. The green jacket just looks blue sometimes, depending on the lighting, lol

Though, if you count the live-action film, then he's also had a white jacket.

I wasn't even sure if there was a blue one to be honest.

This the new live action? Or the other one?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've never seen any Lupin, but this is probably the one anime I want to get up to speed on.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;nsHxfS2CchQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsHxfS2CchQ[/video]

smooth

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;P2aaLMme644]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2aaLMme644[/video]

In my occasional drive to watch old series, I stumbled upon the original pilot episode of Lupin the Third, made in 1969.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone is diddlying fantastic. Nothing but 50 minutes of stylish Lupin action. Koike as both director and animation director shows. Every frame is slick. The art is fully detailed. The animation is smooth as can be. Not only that, but the story is great too. A cool villain who's a great opponent for Lupin and Jigen, and the cast is in nothing but top form.

And god the music.

[video=youtube;QPvz35wj9Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPvz35wj9Tk[/video]

Basically a super-charged double episode of the TV reboot.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Sorry, no subs yet still, but I did forget to mention something that happened a bit ago.

More TV Lupin this Spring.

index_visual01.jpg

Rocking that same coat and tie from the recent movie.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
We know any of the crew working on it?

And I am totally digging this blue coat.

Every reply gets my hopes up for Jigen subs.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The studio is Telecom Animation Film. They've worked on Lupin for forever. They produced the 2nd Lupin TV series (the longest and most popular, featuring the red coat), co-produced The Castle of Cagliostro, produced multiple multiple other Lupin movies, and even produced Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone. And before you think the series bears no relation to the 2012 reboot, they are a subsidiary of larger studio TMS Entertainment (who produced the original TV series in the 70s, the 3rd TV series, co-produced Castle of Cagliostro, multiple other films, and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine). In other words, Lupin, despite the many forms he takes in anime, is always handled by essentially the same studio.

As for the staff, Yano Yuuichirou serves as the director. Despite a relative lack of titles under his belt compared to more known directors, he is the director behind both Mujin Wakusei Survive and Moyashimon. Secret of the Cerulean Sand as well. However, Tomonaga Kazuhide, holding the credit of chief director, has only directed one thing prior to this, and that was for the Anime Mirai short "Buta." Granted, that work does have lively characters, so the choice may be a fit, and he did previously work on Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus. But, to give you a little more peace of mind, Yuuya Takahashi is credited for this new series' screenplay. He's the new writer in the industry who wrote the script for Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone, as well as a few episodes of Tiger & Bunny.

No word on the animation director yet. Naturally, I'm hoping it's Koike again, but I can't say for sure.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
So, because I love you guys, I took a little time out of my week to write up a subtitle file for the first of the two halves to this movie/special/whatever.

Subtitles here.

Unfortunately, I only had time to do the first episode. I've got a big test on Sunday, so I wouldn't be able to start on the second episode until Sunday night at the earliest. Hopefully, proper subs for both parts are released before then.

This is only the subtitle file, so you'll have to get the raw video yourself. These subs were timed to the 720p release encoded by SEED (which can be found on Nyaa). Just stick the subtitle file into the folder with the video and you should be golden (double check to make sure the video and subtitle file have the same name).

Translated the dialog and any necessary on-screen text. The English songs weren't transcribed (of which there were two). I did my best to translate everything as well as I could, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there are some small mistakes here and there.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
So, because I love you guys, I took a little time out of my week to write up a subtitle file for the first of the two halves to this movie/special/whatever.

Subtitles here.

Unfortunately, I only had time to do the first episode. I've got a big test on Sunday, so I wouldn't be able to start on the second episode until Sunday night at the earliest. Hopefully, proper subs for both parts are released before then.

This is only the subtitle file, so you'll have to get the raw video yourself. These subs were timed to the 720p release encoded by SEED (which can be found on Nyaa). Just stick the subtitle file into the folder with the video and you should be golden (double check to make sure the video and subtitle file have the same name).

Translated the dialog and any necessary on-screen text. The English songs weren't transcribed (of which there were two). I did my best to translate everything as well as I could, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there are some small mistakes here and there.

You absolute babe. If I hadn't been working none stop this weekend, I'd have jumped on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back