• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks guys! You all are just awesome fans! :D

And welcome KEYblade_chain and Oathkeeper33! I'm glad you guys like my fic!! I'm sure goldie can give you cookies when she gets on later. ^_^

New chapter should be up reallly late tonight cause I got a ton of homework to do.

Edit - Okay. So I got a crazy idea. I was thinking of writing another KH related fic thats totally different from this. I won't stop writing this fic. I'd just be writing two. But would any of you guys read it? o_O

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Hey guys. I'm really sorry but the chapter won't be up tonight. I just realized that I have a ton of other things to do right now. I'll see if I can get it started and have it up early tomorrow afternoon. Either way, it will be up tomorrow. Sorry again. :(

I did happen to get up my other fic though. So check it out if you want to. Here is the link.

http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=47321

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Okie! Here is the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoy it! ^_^

Oh, and as I was writing this, I realized that this is gonna be a looooong fic. Hehe. :D

And on a side note, don't let the first part of this chapter confuse you. Just keep reading and you'll understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 18 – We’ll Go Together

I stood alone on the vast shores of Destiny Islands, staring out over the beautifully glowing sun. The wind blew softly through my hair and I could feel the ocean mist splash lightly on my face. The waves were unnaturally loud as they crashed among the shore yet I could faintly hear a gentle voice break through.

“Mommy!”

I turned around to face a little girl running towards me. A bright smile was spread across her delicate face as the breeze danced wildly through her strawberry blonde hair. I knelt down to catch her and picked her up onto my hip. Staring at me with glistening green eyes, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek.

“Mommy! Do you know how much I love you?” she said cheerfully, her face sprinkled with freckles.

But I didn’t say anything to her. Instead, I just glared at her, my emotionless face confused by her presence. This was my daughter. But how could that be? I thought I was still pregnant.

I looked down and surprisingly found that my stomach was back to its normal size. I took a sharp breath, not understanding how this happened. I tried to think but nothing came to mind. Why couldn’t I remember anything? I slowly gazed back up at the girl, her face still illuminating with joy.

“Are we still going to visit daddy today? I have to thank him for my present!” she exclaimed, holding up her wrist, a silver bracelet hooked loosely around it. I stared at the shining ornament and felt my heart skip a beat once I realized which bracelet this was. It was the same one Riku gave me when he arrived back home.

I opened my mouth to say something, but a loud clap of thunder was heard far in the distance. Rain began to pour down upon us as the skies rapidly turned a dark gray.

Suddenly, another voice spoke out from behind us. It was so deep and menacing that I felt chills crawl through my body. “Kairi,” it said calmly. “It is time.”

I turned around to face a tall man standing in the middle of the ocean, the rough waves barely making an impact on him. His entire body was covered in a black cloak, making it difficult to see who he was. I shook my head violently and held my daughter tightly as she buried her face in my shoulder.

“Kairi…” a softer voice spoke. “I’m so sorry. Please. Wake up…”

“Who said that?!” I called out.

“Kairi?!” the soft voice said again.

“Mommy! I’m scared! Don’t let him take me!” my daughter screamed, now crying hysterically.

“Kairi. Don’t you remember our agreement? It is time. She must come with me!” the cloaked man shouted, now completely enraged.

At that point, I heard thousands of voices call out to me, yet there weren’t many people around. I felt my heart pound faster, my pulse race quicker. And then I screamed, the piercing shriek waking me from a terrible nightmare.

“Kairi!” Sora shouted, sitting up from his chair. I frantically looked around, my eyes shooting everywhere as I tried to catch my breath. At first, I didn’t know where I was, but then I soon realized it. I was in the hospital. Again.

A nurse came rushing into the room, pressing my shoulders to lay me back down. “It’s okay, hunny. You’re awake now. Just lay back and relax.” I took a deep breath as she began to wipe down my sweaty forehead with a cloth. All the images from my dream came rushing back into my head, one thought sticking out above the rest.

“Is my baby alright?! Please tell me everything is okay?!!” I shouted, feeling so overwhelmed that tears were brimming my eyes.

She smiled warmly and pulled the blankets up over me. “Your baby is perfect. And so are you. You should be very thankful, considering the way you were brought in here.”

When she said this, I suddenly remembered everything that happened - the fight, Sora’s keyblade, my shoulder. And I wondered what exactly happened after I passed out. As the nurse was about to leave the room, she turned to Sora - who was sitting quietly next to my bed – and spoke sternly to him. “Now if anything happens, you make sure to call me.” She then left, leaving the two of us in complete and utter silence.

As much as I wanted to speak to Sora, I kept my eyes fixed on the ceiling, the images from my dream playing over and over in my mind. I couldn’t believe it. Everything that happened felt so real, unlike any other dream I’ve ever had before. And my daughter…she was so beautiful, just as I imagined. But was this dream a premonition? And why did that cloaked man want to take her?

I tried to make sense of it but nothing came to mind. Instead, I heard Sora speak to me, his voice somber and full of grief. “Kairi…I’m so sorry,” he said, pulling his chair closer to me. “I should have never freaked out when you told me the truth. We should have talked about it and…”

I slowly turned my head to face him, a smile engraved in my tired face. “Don’t worry, Sora, “ I interrupted. “It wasn’t your fault. You had every right to be upset,” I replied, reaching out to hold his hand. At this point, I could clearly see a glistening light forming in his eyes. And then, to my surprise, a few tears fell down his cheek. He began to cry.

“It’s just…” he started, pausing to let the tears pass. “The thought of losing you, just so you can have this baby, made me so…sad. I was more upset than angry when you told me. I shouldn’t have taken it out on Riku. If I didn’t, then you…”

He stopped, burying his face in his hands as I watched him silently cry, his shoulders rising and falling continuously. In all my years of knowing him, I had never seen Sora cry before. And as much as this shocked me, I tried my best to keep him calm. “Hey,” I said softly. “Don’t be upset. I’m okay with this. Besides, there’s a chance that everything will work out fine.”

He lifted his head and wiped away his soaked eyes. Nodding agreeably, a faint smile spread across his face. “I know. But I’m not going to take those chances,” he said, as if inferring something.

I glared at him, my eyes crinkling in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, we’re going to figure this out. We’re going to find a way to make sure this doesn’t happen.”

I thought for a moment, unsure of how we could actually go forward with this. “How? I mean, we could talk to Riku but…”

“No,” he quickly interrupted. “Riku is gone. After you got stabbed, he created a portal and left…He’s gone.”

I shifted my gaze to the side, staring at a cracked tile on the wall. How could he just leave like that?! I was almost 4 months pregnant and so confused about practically everything. Why would he go?! And where?!

I remembered the way he was when the darkness took over him. His appearance was villainous and his voice was distorted. I figured that maybe he wasn’t himself at all. Maybe…something else happened to him. Something he never told me.

“Oh,” I replied simply, not wanting Sora to know about my concern. “Well, how are we going to do this then?” I asked, still clueless.

“Well, I have an idea. But it won’t be easy…”

“What is it?” I questioned, curious of his plan.

“We can go visit King Mickey. He might know what to do.”

theinversekey

hey, im the new fan and i thought the chapter was great.

Riku and darkness again.......hmmmmmmmmm!

makes me think and i love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back