• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lexaeus and Zexion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetta

What is their connetion?? Seriously, whenever Lexaeus is in the lobby he is near Zexion; in the Manga when they first appeard the were together; in CoM when Lexaeus died he said "sorry Zexion"; in the novels he is the one who tells Zexion that they are going to castle Oblivinon and in the report that Lexaeus wrote in Days he talked about Zexion.
Do you think that after Xion, Axel and Roxas those two are the ones who share the strongest bonds in the Organization?

Awkward Squid

Zexion, Lexaeus, AND Vexen were three of six apprentices of Ansem the Wise. They knew each other while they were human, that's why they're always in a group.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Those three were also together in the basement floors of CO. Odds are we'll see some relations between the two/three in BBS. Lexaeus was a guard, as it seems, but Zexion and Vexen seem like the scientist types.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
In a Secret Report, Lexaeus stated Zexion is the only one he can trust. I just took that as the reason. However, if you want to delve deeper and ask the question "Why would he trust only Zexion?", then I can't say.

Xemnas kept many things from most members, so perhaps he couldn't be trusted.
Xigbar's a pretty shady dude, so this one's obvious.
Xaldin doesn't really seem one to be mistrusted. Lexaeus did partner up with him as a guard in the BBS trailer for whatever that's worth. Perhaps Xaldin was too cold for Lexaeus' taste?
Vexen was a creepy fellow with all of his weird experiments. Most members never seemed to gew to close to, or even respect him. I don't think Lexaeus ever said anything bad about Vexen, but perhaps there was something about Zexion that he liked or trusted.

The rest of the members were new, so he probably didn't trust them for that sole reason. And he was probably right to do so. Saix, Axel, Marluxia, and Larxene all tried to plot against the Organization, Demyx was a lazy bastard who tried to push his duties onto other members, Roxas betrayed the Organization, and Xion was the result of a secret experiment that was never revealed until after things took a turn for the worse. Luxord was the only one who seemed trustworthy, but who knows what pokerface he could be hiding. Also, when all of the new members had something shady on them, perhaps he tossed Luxord into that category with chance and probability as his intuition.

If you want something to look forward to, BBS should have all of the apprentices. There's a chance we'll see a deeper connection between Lexaeus and Zexion, but only a chance.

UnstoppableSound

In a Secret Report, Lexaeus stated Zexion is the only one he can trust. I just took that as the reason. However, if you want to delve deeper and ask the question "Why would he trust only Zexion?", then I can't say.

Xemnas kept many things from most members, so perhaps he couldn't be trusted.
Xigbar's a pretty shady dude, so this one's obvious.
Xaldin doesn't really seem one to be mistrusted. Lexaeus did partner up with him as a guard in the BBS trailer for whatever that's worth. Perhaps Xaldin was too cold for Lexaeus' taste?
Vexen was a creepy fellow with all of his weird experiments. Most members never seemed to gew to close to, or even respect him. I don't think Lexaeus ever said anything bad about Vexen, but perhaps there was something about Zexion that he liked or trusted.

The rest of the members were new, so he probably didn't trust them for that sole reason. And he was probably right to do so. Saix, Axel, Marluxia, and Larxene all tried to plot against the Organization, Demyx was a lazy bastard who tried to push his duties onto other members, Roxas betrayed the Organization, and Xion was the result of a secret experiment that was never revealed until after things took a turn for the worse. Luxord was the only one who seemed trustworthy, but who knows what pokerface he could be hiding. Also, when all of the new members had something shady on them, perhaps he tossed Luxord into that category with chance and probability as his intuition.

If you want something to look forward to, BBS should have all of the apprentices. There's a chance we'll see a deeper connection between Lexaeus and Zexion, but only a chance.

^ This explanation definitely works.

Not only were they both of the Founding Six, but they were both tasked to the basement levels of Castle Oblivion. Whether their relationship began to grow there, or if it was established beforehand, no one knows.

They're just partners that found qualities in each other that both could trust. Both were wise, knowledgeable, and silent. They both kept to themselves, yet held a quiet intelligence that comes through in their speech and actions during their stay in the Organization.

Awards
Lexaeus' task at CO was to act as a bodyguard for Vexen and Zexion to further their research.
Just as he was in his original life, he was a protector. By being defeated at the hands of Riku, he failed his job. Thus his apology to Zexion.

Still, he undoubtedly has more of an attachment to Zexion than he does Vexen.
In fact, he wasn't exactly tolerant of Vexen.

Telling the one you're supposed to protect to, more of less, shut up? Yeah, he's not quite as reserved with Vexen.
His attachment to Zexion can, I believe, be explained in part by Zexion's attitude.

He views the Organization as the rope that once bound them together. He sees camaraderie where there is corruption. Lexaeus, in his secret report, picks up on this false sense of unity.
Zexion is still young, mind you. He may be well versed in the realm of science, but he clearly lacks the social skills to pick up on what's going on. He may be manipulative, but he's innocent in his own regard.

And I think that Lexaeus feels obligated to look after him not just as a guardian but as a big brother. Meanwhile, he can see Vexen is as corrupted as the ones who wish to betray him.

This will probably be expanded upon in BbS.

UnstoppableSound

Lexaeus' task at CO was to act as a bodyguard for Vexen and Zexion to further their research.
Just as he was in his original life, he was a protector. By being defeated at the hands of Riku, he failed his job. Thus his apology to Zexion.

Still, he undoubtedly has more of an attachment to Zexion than he does Vexen.
In fact, he wasn't exactly tolerant of Vexen.

Telling the one you're supposed to protect to, more of less, shut up? Yeah, he's not quite as reserved with Vexen.
His attachment to Zexion can, I believe, be explained in part by Zexion's attitude.

He views the Organization as the rope that once bound them together. He sees camaraderie where there is corruption. Lexaeus, in his secret report, picks up on this false sense of unity.
Zexion is still young, mind you. He may be well versed in the realm of science, but he clearly lacks the social skills to pick up on what's going on. He may be manipulative, but he's innocent in his own regard.

And I think that Lexaeus feels obligated to look after him not just as a guardian but as a big brother. Meanwhile, he can see Vexen is as corrupted as the ones who wish to betray him.

This will probably be expanded upon in BbS.

I like how you connected Elaeus to Lexaeus.
I also agree with how Lexaeus has a sort of big brother relationship with Zexion. I believe it is safe to assume that Lexaeus confides in Zexion, and vice versa. Also, Zexion has certain skills (proven by your video) that Lexaeus must undoubtedly consider useful, and therefore the relationship is mutual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back