• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Legend (Short Story) ((Star Wolf))

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaise038

Website
youtube.com
So this is what it's like to die?

Funny... I thought it would be more climactic. Like watching as each backup system fails on my ship's computer, then the fire starts creeping in, and the oxygen starts going away, but I somehow manage to stay conscious until the moment my ship impacts the ground, dying in a feiry explosion. That's the stuff of legends.

Well, it isn't happening that way. Matter of fact, my Wolfen is parked some three hundred yards away. And here I am, laying face down on the ground, life spilling from the blaster wound in my back. So much for that legend.

Did I ever think it was possible that I'd die from being shot in the back by a teammate? Sure. In my line of work there are two kinds of people... People you can't trust with your life, and people you shoot first. Still, if I'm being honest, I was almost positive I'd die in my ship, shot down for the last time by my nemesis.

I wonder what McCloud would say if he saw me now? Probably something about my life being wasted, or how I could have redeemed myself. He doesn't get it... No one does. Nobody but me lives through my eyes, and nobody but me has seen the things that I have done to survive.

No... Not survive... Delay the inevitable. For every person I ambushed, for every child I used as a shield, for every ally I stabbed in the back, a little piece of who I was died. And now, finally, the last piece is getting what it has coming to it.

I can't help wishing, though... That I had one more chance to make things right. Or, at the very least... A chance to kill Powalski. Then everyone would know that Wolf O'Donnell was a legend...

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Heh heh… The easiest ten thousand denari I ever earned," Leon Powalski said with a grin. Pulling out a comm link, he adjusted the signal, and then spoke. "It is done. O'Donnell is dead."

"Excellent… I no longer have to worry about him ignoring my orders, or assisting McCloud."

"Indeed, Lord Andross." Leon paused briefly, then asked, "When can I pick up the datacard?" He very much wanted that denari. He had some elaborate plans for it.

"How about never?"

Leon blinked, puzzled. The voice hadn't sounded like his employer's. And it hadn't sounded like it came from the comm link at all. Matter of fact, it sounded as if it had come from behind him.

Cautiously turning his reptilian head, Leon shot a glance behind him. His green skin paled visibly, as he spun the rest of the way around, left hand diving for his holster. It never made it.

Leon was caught with a blast to his chest, which lifted him off his feet, over a nearby table, and smashed him into the wall behind.

As he slid down the wall, blood gurgling in his throat, he stared in shock at the person before him.

"But… You're… Dead…" he croaked.

Wolf O'Donnell leaned heavily on the table, wincing in pain, blood dripping onto the floor beneath him.
"You first," he said through gritted teeth.

Leon's eyes rolled back in his head as he slumped completely to the floor. Wolf watched him a moment more to be sure, then fell to the floor himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Fox… Didja hear the news?" Slippy Toad inquired.

Fox McCloud looked up from cleaning his blaster.
"What?"

"Wolf O'Donnell and Leon Powalski are dead!"

Fox blinked in surprise.
"How did it happen?" he asked, mixed feelings competing in his mind.

"Well, the investigation team thinks that Leon ambushed Wolf in one location, and, thinking him dead, he proceeded on to a second location. There, while sending a communication to none other than Andross, Wolf caught up to him, shot him dead, and then fell dead to the floor himself."

Falco Lombardi, who had been dozing in the corner, laughed.
"That's the best news I've heard in weeks," he said with a smirk, crossing his arms over his chest.

Fox stayed quiet for a moment, thinking of the times when he and Wolf had actually fought on the same side, albeit briefly. Sighing, Fox returned to working on his blaster, murmuring under his breath, "Another legend falls."

-----

by Jonathan Wolfe (Blaise038)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm actually kind of sorry to see Wolf O Donnell die. I happened to like him a lot in Star Fox. You did well in writing each individual character in this one-shot. (Unless you're going to write more then that would be awesome!) I wonder who else Fox means by, "Another legend falls."? I kind of wish I knew why Wolf stopped working along side Fox since, it was always a bit of a mystery to me. I'm definitely a big fan of Star Fox. I haven't played all of the games but, I really liked how Fox reacted to the news about his enemy dying. I kind of want to punch Falco for not being more sensitive about the situation.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Not a bad one-shot. Some rough-around-the-edges parts, but overall not too shabby. And like Sugar Lips said, it was a a shame to see Wolf O Donnel die. Nonetheless, good job on this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back