• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Le Parkour.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudz_followa

Website
www.myspace.com
Are there any Traceurs out there on KHI? Or are you all too nerdy to go out in the sunlight and excercise? Google it. I can't be bothered to post a definition.
YouTube it too, there are alot of good people.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
. . . You could've called it "Free-Running" instead of it's Maiden name. Oh well.

I've done some parkour. . . at my school playground, high school, and a VERY SMALL bit downtown, in Victoria.

I'm not that good. . . but, hey, at least I try.

Cloudz_followa

Website
www.myspace.com
Ah, see there's where you get it wrong. Free-running is based on Aesthetic values, aiming on visual flair whilst Parkour is intended for efficency, getting from Point A to Point B as quick as possible.
Or was that a trick to define things for you?

Bump. Rofl.
I SERIOUSLY want y'all to go out and excercise. If you don't already, that is. It's a cool and fun way to get fit. Plus it gets chicks! That is... If you look fit enough like me.
rahrah

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Never knew that kind of thing had a name, but I'm going to do a little research into the subject and give it a shot.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I've always called it "Free-Running"
I'm not a free runner (too wimpy)
buuuuuut I saw a crazy YamiKaze video of some free run game with a yellow ball
it was supa cur-ay-zee.
but it was like scripted.

I'd fall for Free Runners Rawrr....

Haku

<3
I do a little bit of free running every once in a while when I need to get a good cardio workout.

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
lol. I've known what this was but never knew it had a name. Yeah I dabble, me and my friends have timed races by running one-foot-on-each-wall on this line of fences that runs in my neighbourhood with a three inch gap.

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
'Ya know, Parkour is really fun, as long as you don't mess up. =/

Today, I went behind the nearby (my friend's) Catholic Church. They have some really awesome set-up's for straight-up jumps and stuff. So I decided to do a five-foot jump (I'm not sure, could've been bigger) off the (small) roof, onto a garbage bin, and did a 360 off that. It was fun.

I'm starting to get into Parkour now. I mean, it's a really fun sport (could you classify it as a sport? Parkour-ist's don't want it called a sport, but it's fun enough. And I love the no competition.), it's a healthy activity (as long as you don't screw up), and. . . yeah.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I'm not an intense le parkour guy, but I'll do the odd jump on the street.

Me and my friend once raced back to his house, and there was a fence in the way, so I jumped over it, trespassed, jumped out onto the sidewalk and beat him.

If I were to do a straight race with him, I'd lose. Gotta take advantage of the fact I get more air time than the average kid at my school.

Cloudz_followa

Website
www.myspace.com
I hope y'all are telling the truth. P:
There're alot of poseurs out there doing it for flash rather than self benefit.
Demonic Angel said:
I'm starting to get into Parkour now. I mean, it's a really fun sport (could you classify it as a sport? Parkour-ist's don't want it called a sport, but it's fun enough. And I love the no competition.), it's a healthy activity (as long as you don't screw up), and. . . yeah.

:D That's good, as long as you keep seeing as a non competition discipline you'll get far.
Oh, and people who practice PK (Parkour for short) are called "Traceurs" French for, obviously, tracers.
Recently there was a competition. And that sorta got me a little ticked off.
Just don't enter competitions, that just contradicts the true meaning of Parkour. :D

Also, BEWARE OF URBANFREEFLOW they do nothing to promote the art, more to cash in on it.
Do not buy any of their stuff.
There's alot of conspiracy about them. They're all good, I mean. It's just the leader, "ez" or Paul Corkery is just manipulating impressionable kids into thinking it's a fad.

Also. The difference between Parkour (PK) and Free-Running (FR).
Parkour is solely based on ONE thing, get from point A to point B.
The original form.
THEN there's Free-Running which is purely set on aesthetics (flips, etc.).
It's much like a spinoff to PK really.

WELL I hope that helped.
And hopefully, you just didn't try for one day and said, "I'm cool." KEEP TRAINING!
:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back