• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Laptop specs question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igloo9

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Please move it to the appropriate place if needed.

Anyway, I might be getting a new laptop soon. I think I found one I like, but I need to know if the specs are good for what I want to use it for (I'm not very good with specs)

I want the specs to be good enough to watch HQ and HD /480p and 720p anime on places like CrunchyRoll. They stream most anime in 480p, and some in 720p. The laptop I have now can't handle that. The laptop I have right now can just barely handle "normal" quality anime on other websites, and sometimes it's still annoying to watch because it lags and has bad frame rate during some scenes. I don't like it, so I need a good laptop that PERFECTLY plays HQ/480p anime with no lag/frame rate issues at all. None. I want it to play 100% perfectly. (For 480p at least. As for 720p, I would like it to, but if not, it's fine since most anime is in 480p)

Here is all the info about the laptop that I might get:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-380M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Graphics card: 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5470 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Dual Core Processors
Memory: 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Last edited:
O

Oberon

I'm not sure how important your graphics art, but 1/2 gb is pretty shallow.

Your memory and processor look good though. Should play anime just fine at full screen.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I would go so far saying it might even handle 1080p, but that would depend on your screen resolution, and if your graphics card supports it.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
What do you mean by this?

He means you may have insufficient VRAM for proper graphics (frame rates, etc.).

It is generally something the average consumer can ignore; however, if you feel you will be using this laptop for graphics intensive purposes, such as Photoshopping large images, video-editing, hardcore gaming, you may wish to look further into it. Lest your investment be wasted on a machine that fails to smoothly perform what is required.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Also, I'll assume that you already considered this, but what's your internet connection's speed? If it's already low, it's gonna make your videos choppy regardless due to buffering..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back