• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Knight's journey: Likke of Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
Well, I'm pretty bored so I might as well post this up... I know you people are way better so I don't stand a chance. This is my second attempt at writing so tell me what you think. *gulp*

Prologue

"The ocean..."

A young person stood facing the sea. His dark blue hair blew as the wind passed by. In his hand was a keyblade. It was of darkness. He had sold his heart to the power his princess tried to defeat. What choice did he have? To live forever in exile in the light or freedom in darkness, were the decisions he had. The thought of betraying the only people who trusted him pained his heart but he was determined. The act of forsaking his duty as knight of the dusk eased him a little.

"The freedom I deserve and long... shall be mine soon. I know it." As he said this, the night sky turned pitch black. The moon disappeared along with the stars.

Chapter One

Likke gazed at the blue sky without a care in the world. There was nothing new but that same sky old sky and clouds were pleasing to look at. Day by day, the same scenery was painted up there though its beauty was breath taking.

“Likke? What are you doing there?”

She looked behind to see Hito, one of her four friends. She also considered him as her older brother since he was somehow protective of her. Though her other friends were kind, Hito was the closest as well as Collsiea. The last of her friends which was Rue, was annoying in the manner that he always teased her and mostly hanged around with Collsiea. Sometimes she even wonders how she, a very kind and decent girl, could keep up with him.

“Gazing at the sky again?” he asks with a gentle grin.

“Uh-huh. It’s shallow minded of me to do but…” she said distracted by Hito’s presence, “I guess that’s what I can do at the moment.”

“With that air head of yours, that’s considered a hobby.” He criticizes.

“Yes, I’m an air head. Thanks for finally noticing that.”

“You’re welcome.”

As they were talking, Rue spots them. His emerald green eyes fix on Likke. He cautiously sneaks to them, planning to get a shock out of her. He was about to shock her when Hito notices him.

“Likke, you’ve got a stalker behind you.” he said pointing at Rue.

“Rue! Cut it out!!” she shouted at him as he started running away. She gets up and starts chasing him, frantically waving her fists.

“Come back here coward!!! Fight like a man!” she continued to shout.

Hito stayed behind and laughs watching Likke run after Rue. They always manage to annoy each other and made him laugh in the process. The two were far and gone now and most probably Likke caught up with Rue, clobbering him mercilessly. His attention then turns to the sky again. That blue sky, which Likke was obsessed about, had an impact on him. His desire suddenly forced itself into his mind.
“I’ll be free soon. I will be. It’s just a matter of time.”

Chapter Two: Knight of the Dawn

“Drat! I lost him. For a guy, he runs really fast.” said Likke, exhausted.

She looks at the surrounding for any clue to where Rue might’ve run off to but with no luck. His tracks disappeared on the sandy ground all of the sudden. Giving up, she walks back home. Thinking of what to do tomorrow, she accidentally bumps Collsiea, who was passing in front.

“Ack! I’m sorry Collsiea, I didn’t mean to-”

Collsiea waves her hand, “It’s ok, Li. You usually trip and fall over me. This is an improvement if you ask me.” she said giggling.

“I’d take that as a compliment I guess. What are you doing here anyways? Isn’t your place the other way?” asks Likke.

“Oh that. There’s something I wanted to give you.” She reaches to her pocket and takes out a hand-made bracelet and gives it to her. It was made from tiny yet pretty sea shells along with blue beads. Collsiea knew what her favorite color was. All the more reason why they were close friends.

“It’s beautiful! Thank you so much, but it isn’t my birthday yet, so what’s this for?”

“Hmm, well I heard that the shells I used could grant wishes. And I wanted to give you something in return for being a great friend, that’s all.” she replied with a smile.

“Thanks. So this could grant any wish?” Likke asked while putting the bracelet on.

Collsiea nods her head and whispers something to Likke making her blush. She scowls in embarrassment as Collsiea runs off.

“See you tomorrow, Likke. I’ve got to go home now.” she said, waving her hand.

“Bye, Collsiea! Thanks again! And if you meet Rue along the way, tell him I’m gonna beat him up to a pulp!” she said at the top of her voice.

She laughs and nods her head again. Likke watches her walking away and kept looking at her bracelet. Joy came over her like a fever. She was really happy now but decides to walk back home since the sun was already setting. Walking on the usual road, every step that she made left footprints on the ground. The sky seemed to darken much quickly after a few minutes. Likke then runs before the sky gets too dark for her to see the road and bumps into a tree.

“Ow! Where’d this tree come from? I don’t remember any tree here before.” she said to herself, rubbing her forehead.

To her surprise, the road didn’t lead her home but to the ocean. The winds blew the scent of the ocean, and the sky was starless, painted with darkness. As Likke looked around, she saw a strange figure, wearing a long black coat with a hood covering his face, heading her direction and footsteps from behind. Not knowing what to do, she hides behind the tree and watches them. The footprints belonged to Rue and Collsiea, with serious expressions on their faces. The strange figure walks up to them and draws out a weapon she had never seen before but for some reason, Likke’s familiarized with it.

“Knight of the dawn, hand over the princess.” he said to Rue, while pointing the weapon at them.

“Rue? He’s a knight?! How can that be?!” she thought.

Rue stepped forward, ignoring the weapon. His hand glowed and a similar weapon appears.

“I won’t hand her over, traitor. Or should I say Hito, knight of the dusk.”

Likke froze. It was as if lightning stroke her. She couldn’t believe what he just said. How could that person be Hito, the person she really liked? But more importantly, what was going on? While these questions and more whirled in her head, Collsiea spoke.

“Whatever you’re planning, please stop it. Have you completely surrendered your heart to the darkness?” she asked, with a soft voice.

Hito doesn’t reply and continues to point the weapon at them. He then prepares to attack seeing Rue did the same. A moment passes, and the two face off…

yes its mediocre in a way but i'm improving I guess... :blushing: so tell me whad'ya think???

giuocob

It's really well written. There is one thing you need to work on though: you should stick with one temporal tense when writing, instead of rapidly changing from present to past and back again. For example:

She looksat the surrounding for any clue to where Rue might’ve run off to but with no luck. His tracks disappeared on the sandy ground all of the sudden. Giving up, she walks back home. Thinking of what to do tomorrow, she accidentally bumps Collsiea, who was passing in front.

You change tense three times in just that short paragraph. Still, the rest of it is really good, so just fix that problem and this will be great!

Haku

<3
I really like it so far because I think that its very well put together and has many details that describe the plot.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
thanks for the support guys! here's chapter three =3

Chapter Three: Hito’s betrayal

Rue used his weapon and hurled it against Hito. He blocked the attack, took a step back and dashed. He managed to slash Rue on the arm, leaving a serious injury. Blood dripped as Rue started to attack again. He tried to attack but ended up being slashed on the chest. With this attack, he fell to the ground, clutching his wound. He let go of the weapon and Hito walked to him, preparing a final blow.

“Please stop! Stop now!” Likke continued to scream in her head. She couldn’t move from her spot. She became too afraid and confused and couldn’t come out of hiding. She wanted to help and stop this but it would be a meaningless effort. When Rue looked like he was about to die, Collsiea stepped in front, acting as a shield.

“If you plan to kill him, you’ll have to go through me first!” she said bravely.

He laughed suddenly as if hearing a joke and pointed the weapon at her. Though it looked like he was going to kill her, she didn’t move a single bit from where she stood.

“Collsiea’s so brave. I want to help them but-”

Likke started to cry. She knew how weak she was and couldn’t even stand up for her friends. Tears ran down her cheek. As she cried, Hito began to talk again.

“Why would a person or should I say a princess like you protect that weakling of a knight?” he said, making a sly smile.

“A person who surrendered his heart to evil can never understand what friendship or sacrificing one’s life for others is.”

“That’s just an excuse weaklings use. I expected better from you.”

Tears stopped flowing from her eyes. What Collsiea said just cleared her mind. Even if she didn’t stand a chance, it would be much better to get out of hiding and save them. Friendship and sacrificing one’s self was a better option than cowardice. She came out from her hiding place and faced Hito.

“Hito, stop this!” she screamed.

“Why Likke, how nice of you to step out here.” he replied.

“Likke what are you doing here? You better get yourself out of here!” Collsiea said to her.

She shook her head and looked at her, “What you said earlier… made me come out of hiding. If I can’t even help you two what good am I then?”

As she said this Collsiea smiled a bit. She understood what Likke wanted to do but still protested. If Likke were to fight him, the truth may be too much for her. Collsiea can’t tell her at this moment what they’ve concealed from her.

“Listen Likke, now’s not the time for this. You don’t know how to fight and Rue may die in his condition.” she said looking at Rue still fallen on the ground. “Please just get him out of here and escape. And instead, find the keyblade master named Sora on Destiny Island.”

Hito interrupted them and prepared to attack. “Sorry to interrupt you two but I’m sorry to say princess Collsiea that I won’t give that chance. No one’s escaping.”

Just as Hito was to attack, Collsiea opened a portal of light. She told Likke to take Rue and go. Though she disagreed, Likke carried Rue, who was still bleeding, and went through the portal. Looking back, her face turned pale and a tear fell. She had seen Hito slash Collsiea and she fell to the ground.

“No… how… could you... do this Hito…?”

Her voice broke while looking at Hito, who seemed to not care of what he had done. She looked away and kept going inside the portal. Likke didn’t want Collsiea’s sacrifice to go in vain. Reaching the end, they reach Destiny Island.

and i've took your advices on the vebs and tenses.. hehe.. so what do you think???? :unsure: anything messed up? Im asking cuz im still learning.. =3

Riku_gunblade

I wouldn't know if anything was messed up or not, because i'm in the process of figuring this stuff too. And if it was messed up, I don't care because the story is good enough to make up for it. Post ch4 soon:)

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
Sorry for double posting but here it is... kinda annoying since my sib turned the computer off and had to start some parts over....

Chapter Four

Likke placed Rue gently on the ground the minute they set foot on the island. His condition was getting worse by the moment. Afterwards, she sat down beside him, her face buried in her hands. At this point, they were lost. Rue was dying, Hito just killed Collsiea in front of her and she needed to find this guy named Sora.

“Collsiea… what I am I supposed to do now?”

Meanwhile…

“They escaped. No matter, it won’t affect the plan.”

Hito held the blade tightly and looked at Collsiea, lying unconscious on the ground. She was still but alive, breathing slowly.

“Likke thought I’d killed her. The fool…she’s blind not to notice.”

“Confidence… I hope you’re not too cocky for your own good, Hito.”

Another man with a cloak appears. His identity was hidden by his hood yet his sly smile could be seen. Behind him were also several others. His eyes then fix on Collsiea.

“So, this girl is the princess you spoke of? She’s young but her power seems too strong…” he said, being lost in thought.

“Don’t tell me your afraid.” said Hito, feeling rather confident. “She is a princess of heart after all and also a princess of light.”

One of the cloaked people behind them spoke. Among them all, he was shortest and probably the youngest. He stepped in front of Hito and asked him about the two that escaped.

“The boy you injured… was a knight like you right?” he asked confused.

“Yes. What does it occur to you? It isn’t of any importance.” his voice suddenly turned cold.

“I know. But the girl… the girl’s a knight too, isn’t she?”

Hito suddenly froze. For some reason, he couldn’t speak about Likke. Her past seemed to affect him. But it wasn’t guilt or care for her, it was more of jealousy.

“No, the girl isn’t. But if she remembers… she will be again. And I’ll kill her myself.” he said clutching his fist.

“Enough. Let’s not waste anymore time. There is more that we need to prepare.”

A portal opened behind. All of them entered silently. The cloaked man and Hito were left. Just before he entered, he spoke to him.

“That girl, she will be a nuisance if she does remember. Kill her if you must Hito. The knight of twilight can’t interfere.”

“I know. Don’t boss me around.”

Hito then carried Collsiea off the ground and approached the portal. He took one last look at the island, which he spent living with Likke, Rue and Collsiea. The past were mere memories now. They were of no use at this time and to Hito… these were useless.

“Everything’s just starting Likke. Don’t think that you’ve escaped me means you’re safe. I am going to kill you… just you wait.”

and if you have any questions regarding the story you can ask... chapter five will be made some time later so questions anyone? for the confused ones =3

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Are the cloaked figures from Organization XIII, or are they KeyBlade Wielders of Darkness?

Either way Roxas is in the category-and possibly in the story

XIII of Organization XIII
Denizen of Darkness

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
-most of them are just dark keyblade weilders and im still thinking of adding org. XIII characters... cuz when they appear has to fit the story

-thanks for that question=3 Roxas probably will show but not now... sometime later =3 (i was thinking of that sometime... well actually when you asked hehe)

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Well when I read this thats where I got that thought:

One of the cloaked people behind them spoke. Among them all, he was shortest and probably the youngest.

Roxas is the shortest of all the Organization members, and is the youngest possibly. Hard to see whos younger, him or Demyx.

Zceith

So far, really good! You've managed to hook several people's intrest without giving too much of the later plot away. I really like your writing style a lot too. XD
Anyway please finish the next chapter soon!!

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I can see it now...

Likke's gonna have to battle Hito..AND LIKKE SHALL WIN MWUAHAHA!

COS I'LL BE THERE WITH CAKE! MWUAHAAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back