• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater Full Event Summary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww. This was so much fun to read! I can't wait until all the videos come out--so that I can finally see all this stuff myself, of course--but this is doing a good job of tiding me over until then;)

I really enjoy reading Mamoru Miyano's take on all of this. I always do, I think. It's just so very touching to see how voicing Riku has been so meaningful to him.

The part where he talks about how Riku is "dazzled" that Sora's able to hold onto his innocence and childlike wonder (or something like that) because Kairi asked him to was also nice to hear. IDK. I just feel like Miyano-san summed up the threes' relationship with each other very well there in that one sentence.

I'm also delighted to hear that Risa Uchida did, in fact, voice Xion to have some anxiety to her. I know for many years a lot of fans have loved Xion's character for tackling something that big. So now to hear that that actually was intentional, and even truly is a thing (at least in Uchida-san's portrayal of her) just makes it all the more powerful to me.

I was a little confused about Ryoutarou Okiayu saying that Terra's story was about finding Ven, though. Really, stuff about Terra and Ven doesn't come up until Terra "learns" about Vanitas' creation from Master Xehanort, or until he tries to protect Ven from Eraqus and stuff. I understand where Okiayu-san was coming from, I think, but it's just a little bit confusing, since Terra's mission originally was to defeat the Unversed and find Master Xehanort.

And OMG. Hearing that Miyu Irino now sees Donald and Goofy as his friends is just the cutest thing ever. I can't even-

Oh! And I'm so thrilled to hear that the Tokyo Team has helped with KHIII a little bit. Not that I doubt the Osaka Team in any way, shape, or form, but it's still better to have two pairs of eyes taking things in, rather than one. Hopefully this will lead to an amazing, well-balanced game, then:)

devilsTrinity

Never said we were, but when Nomura said we'd be getting new info he kinda hyped it to be more than this..

just very disappointing.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Never said we were, but when Nomura said we'd be getting new info he kinda hyped it to be more than this..

just very disappointing.
Bro.

There's an entire thread of about 1000 posts saying the exact same thing.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to be a bit let down (I think we all were) but we might as well move on now. It's already been said and heard many times.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

just very disappointing.

He said there'd be a new trailer at the event - which there was. He never promised a new trailer to the world.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate to make things worse buuuut...We fixed one of our translations of the Famitsu summary.

In the latest footage of Kingdom Hearts III special to the event, it showed a cutscene of chess and two people having a conversation. “Have you heard of the Keyblade War?” A full version of the conversation was shown. What do they know about each other, it is implied but not spoken, and in the conversation, it seemed like they are rivals… you can feel the relationship between these two. In the action scenes, there were new Heartless, a Nobody that had a sickle, Attraction Flow (special technique triggered under certain conditions), there was a scene of a shotlock type attack like from Birth by Sleep, the new battle scenes were packed.

In addition, Tetsuya Nomura re-emerged and shown a promotional video also special to the event, it was a video of the “making” of Kingdom Hearts. “We were working on the worlds you can go to however I can’t show you the world yet since it’s still in development. I can not show you a new world today but instead I will show something in the middle of production.” (Mr. Nomura)

This pretty much states that it is an event-exclusive trailer, likely not releasing to the public.

Maybe this is a wrong assumption and we'll get something, but for the time being this is how we are going to understand this statement and operate on the belief that the trailer is not coming out unless otherwise stated.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
On one hand, like I get it, we shouldn't have expected anything. I've been telling everyone as much and I believe it.

But, like, why on earth do they think it's okay to do exclusive trailers and stuff for this game? Are they honestly unaware of how many people anticipate it? I get wanting to do something special for the people who come to these events and stuff, but come ooooon.
(This is also from someone who lived down the street from the Disney Animation building at the time of the 2.5 event)

Royce & Mueller

BlizzCon was this weekend, and you just can't help but notice how it's the polar opposite. Like, Blizzard's big announcements and stuff is all made during the opening ceremony - free and available via live streaming to everyone to see. But, the matches and discussion panels and other fluff is the stuff you pay premium for.

Awards
He said there'd be a new trailer at the event - which there was. He never promised a new trailer to the world.
Aw, but it just felt natural to think that the point of a trailer was to show something off, so you'd want people to see it. To sell a product, you gotta get it out there and keep people interested and in the know about important stuff, especially when it's been a while. Or, say, when it's a recently announced title coming out next year. It's understandable because I feel like most of us believed that to some extent before the event started.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But, like, why on earth do they think it's okay to do exclusive trailers and stuff for this game? Are they honestly unaware of how many people anticipate it? I get wanting to do something special for the people who come to these events and stuff, but come ooooon.

Exclusive trailers in this day and age is absolutely idiotic when they are trying to sell this game to a broad audience. I'm sure there is plenty about this game that will make up for this trailer mess 100 times over, but we had Nomura saying this would be the next time we got information and it doesn't help anybody that we don't know what that information is outside of people remembering what happened.

(This is also from someone who lived down the street from the Disney Animation building at the time of the 2.5 event)

I hope that wasn't by choice because...*makes emphatic hand motion* Burbank. I have to go there everyday for school and it's such a dreadfully dull city apart from the studios.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Exclusive trailers in this day and age is absolutely idiotic when they are trying to sell this game to a broad audience. I'm sure there is plenty about this game that will make up for this trailer mess 100 times over, but we had Nomura saying this would be the next time we got information and it doesn't help anybody that we don't know what that information is outside of people remembering what happened.

I hope that wasn't by choice because...*makes emphatic hand motion* Burbank. I have to go there everyday for school and it's such a dreadfully dull city apart from the studios.
Preach to the converted sister, not much around there.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Honestly if you guys want the trailer or don't want this shit again may I suggest you (politely) tell them via social media this sort of thing is unacceptable .

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Does anyone really CHOOSE much of anything with LA real estate?

Honestly if you guys want the trailer may I suggest you (politely) tell them via social media this sort of thing is unacceptable .

It would take a massive campaign and several publications to get that noticed by Square Enix Japan, but they are probably somewhat aware of the situation by now. Though there's a difference between the poor community managers and the execs.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Does anyone really CHOOSE much of anything with LA real estate?

It would take a massive campaign and several publications to get that noticed by Square Enix Japan, but they are probably somewhat aware of the situation by now. Though there's a difference between the poor community managers and the execs. [/FONT][/COLOR]

It's the only thing that would get the message out there. If there was enough of a backlash they'd at least have to address it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I highly doubt SE will do anything or can do anything. I imagine this is a Disney thing and look at what complaining got Captain America fans over the Civil War trailer? Nada.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
#GiveUsKH3Trailer
#FreeKH3Trailer
#KH3TrailerUSA
#Peridotisbestgem
#SquareNotFair
#Nomurahatesus

what is best for us?

Royce & Mueller

I highly doubt SE will do anything or can do anything. I imagine this is a Disney thing and look at what complaining got Captain America fans over the Civil War trailer? Nada.

In their defense, I saw the Civil War "trailer" at CC, and the visuals were very unpolished. Spidey wasn't even present. It was a sneak preview at best, while this was supposed to be a more or less true-to-form trailer.

And besides, you'll be getting a real Civil War trailer December 18th, if not sooner. At least that date they will stick to. So, until then, you got Jessica Jones. Which...admit it, you are fawning over. :3

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

To be fair they really should have made it clear from the get go, and I can understand movie clips not being shown the public, but video games are not movies. I'm saying if people feel strongly about this let their voice be heard. I personally don't care.

That said I'd find it hilarious if this trailer leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back