• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m skeptical about it, but willing to give it a chance. But I also acknowledge that I am one of those “100 people” who would play it (or try it I should say) regardless because I’m detrimentally invested in this franchise. Lol.

What I really need to see is more enemy variety and the Disney worlds. Right now, we’ve only seen the Darkside and Behemoth as raids. And not that many different Heartless. UX has a lot of problems, but one of the things we can agree on is that it had plenty of original enemy designs for both standard fodder and bosses. This game has shown like one original enemy type and that’s it…

Also, everything we saw in the last trailer was in the beta. So right now, we have no teases of gameplay, enemies, cutscenes, or anything that we can’t just go to YT and watch the full version for ourselves. Tease something new that we’ll have to play the actual game to experience.

I also disagree that it isn’t taking away from a different game being made. It seems SE is developing this one in house rather than outsourcing. (It’s unclear what Spark’s role is and whether they are developing or just letting SE use their tech.) So these resources could have been spent on a different project.

Also it’s weird to me that they think they’ll have success in this GPS space when Pokemon Go is still king, the Harry Potter failed (which has a much larger fanbase), and they already have one of these games on their Japanese market with DQ Walk.

I want it to be fun. I want it to succeed. But it’s hard to imagine that will be the case with how they’ve been handling it so far.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You say this as if they'll get that message and not "KH isn't profitable".

If the only way SE sees KH as a profitable property is exclusively through gambling and gacha, then I'd rather the series dies.

There are many things that I love that have ended, and I'd hate it if their memory was tainted by money grubbing execs trying to exploit the vulnerable.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
If the only way SE sees KH as a profitable property is exclusively through gambling and gacha, then I'd rather the series dies.

There are many things that I love that have ended, and I'd hate it if their memory was tainted by money grubbing execs trying to exploit the vulnerable.
Excuse my complete ignorance, but this game implements gacha?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, you can spend money to draw for more figurines.

You can also spend the in-game currency on cosmetic outfit items and more, and buy passes that are probably weekly like how UX had weekly passes.

wriRlke.png

ADthkoF.png

2zltCnI.png

DclYPzM.png

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Then I won't be supporting it because...

1. I simply don't want to play it. The concept doesn’t look fun, and I'm not remotely invested in many mobile games.
2. Gacha is incredibly predatory, and I refuse to support anything like it. This is why I will not even touch games like Genshin and Honkai, although people are free to play the games if they like.
3. I completely disagree with the notion that we should support this game just because it's branded as KH. As people said earlier, people wouldn’t even care much for this game if it didn’t have KH in its title. Plus, I don’t feel like going through another mobile game to dissect KH lore, much less an apparent cash grab.

People are free to correct me if I’ve gotten anything wrong.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess I'll go ahead and say I will be playing it, assuming it runs well on my phone (a downside of waiting over 2 years is I bought a new phone in the interim and still have no idea if it's even good enough yet).

Liodin

Awards
The game is going to come out whether we want it to or not, so I try to look at the positives of the situation and I will try to enjoy it, as long as the game is fun and interesting to play. Just like I would do if, for example, it was announced that Re:Union X or some new storyline were going to be a D+ show.

If the product is good, canon, and offers me more lore, more story, etc. I don't care if it's a game, a manga or a show. I'm a bigger fan than ever because Nomura has been planning and expanding the universe since DDD, and in a world where they don't make side-games anymore, I prefer this to just releasing numbered Sora-centric games from now on.

And of course we are going to play the game because it is KH. Same as Persona, Drakngard/Nier or Yakuza fans play the spinoff/side-games. But that doesn't mean those are bad games, or else tell me if most fans would have played CoM, Coded or MoM. Those are good games, and I was really surprised how much I liked MoM for example, and I have no interest in rhythm games.

I didn't pay even once in Ux, only played when a new chapter of the main story was going to be released, and I didn't have any problem, and I plan to do the same for ML, full F2P. And if that is not possible and it's a P2W, I will stop playing it and join the haters club.

Chie

Awards
If the product is good,
Well, it's a kind of application that deliberately uses predatory tactics to tempt people who are vulnerable to addiction into spending money on nothing, so I would say that it is not good.

But that doesn't mean those are bad games, or else tell me if most fans would have played CoM, Coded or MoM. Those are good games
Those are also games, which is a pretty big point of difference between them and UX/ML.

NoWay

Awards
I hated the gameplay of the X games, but I loved the story. Watching the cutscenes on YouTube was like reading a monthly manga IF they gave us monthly updates. However, that’s not the way I want to experience KH. A couple of years ago, back then when the PS3/PS4 collections of the KH games released, I tried to convince my friends to play the games.
Nowadays I don’t even bother introducing my friends to the shit show that is the KH franchise nowadays lol
And the same Goes for ML. I’m sure the story will be phenomenal but I don’t care for a mobile gacha game
I don’t understand why they don’t even bother making a F2P game for CONSOLES

Just give us a low budget console game, let me give you my money!!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Same as Persona, Drakngard/Nier or Yakuza fans play the spinoff/side-games. But that doesn't mean those are bad games
I think any game that implements gambling isn’t a good one. Gambling has destroyed people’s lives so I personally would not want to support something like it.

People are free to play those things if they want, though.
B: The clear opinion on this site is that this game shouldn't have been made in the first place
Just because we don’t like it doesn’t mean people won’t post announcements.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don’t care for a mobile gacha game
Fun fact! A free mobile game with MTX will never be innately fun to play on its own. If the game is fun, there's no reason to spend money. These games will impose frustration and limitations to influence the player to pay their way past said limitations. It's a completely opposite objective from full retail games.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Fun fact! A free mobile game with MTX will never be innately fun to play on its own. If the game is fun, there's no reason to spend money. These games will impose frustration and limitations to influence the player to pay their way past said limitations. It's a completely opposite objective from full retail games.
It’s essentially just player manipulation all the way through.

NoWay

Awards
I love that some of us here are still positive towards Missing Link.

The rest of us has truly fallen to Darkness

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I love that some of us here are still positive towards Missing Link.

The rest of us has truly fallen to Darkness
Eh, people can have different opinions on a game. I think if people will enjoy and have hope for the game, that’s great! But gambling is a huge dealbreaker for a lotta peeps.

Chie

Awards
There's nothing to really be positive about when it comes to people being exploited.

Will I enjoy the cutscenes? Sure, I enjoyed the UX cutscenes too. But those were ultimately a tiny part of the game compared to the glut of exploitative nothing content, and made by a tiny different team (Nomura and the two animators). It seems odd to me to even attempt to conflate the two.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Eh, people can have different opinions on a game. I think if people will enjoy and have hope for the game, that’s great! But gambling is a huge dealbreaker for a lotta peeps.

It's not like it's coming out of nowhere. There's been two KH mobile games. The first one was unfun, and the second one was so bad that it genre shifted right into a different genre, and then EoS'ed immediately.

So far, this game looks to be copying the same exact gacha systems.

Back