• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just like we did with Pooh medals in UX. Nothing new here.

Oh I didn’t say it was a novel concept. Pooh’s effigy has long been used as a weapon of war. What happens outside of the Hundred Acre Wood, stays outside of the Hundred Acre Wood.

I bet that's exactly what it is. The same models rendered with simpler shaders (GPU programs), and possibly using lower resolution textures as well, to work around the limitations of mobile hardware.

I did some poking around in KH3 because I have nothing better to do. The asset models for the trees and foliage seem pretty distinct from the Caribbean. I do think this game would be a great opportunity to cover the story of Dead Man’s Chest though. It is the “missing link” in the POTC story within KH after all.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
A new screenshot with info about party forming was shared on the JP Twitter. We can see a couple new (I think) examples of Player characters. Basic gist seems to be you can start a new party as a leader or join an existing one with a passcode. You can also teleport with your whole party to the same location. For raids, if one member uses a raid ticket to participate in a raid, the other party members can participate as well without spending a ticket.

IMG_1389.jpeg

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They didn't spring to pay for likenesses of Pirates characters in MelMem, I'm not confident they WOULD for a phone-only game that probably won't be around for very long.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Emails for successful applicants go out this week. Only 1500 slots so I hope someone on the forum will get one.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I keep forgetting this game is a thing

It’s a little hard to believe the beta starts in just a few days. Ever Crisis was already up for pre-registration and had full on social media marketing leading up to its beta. I know this is a smaller scale CBT, but hoping we get some character artwork from Nomura to kick off (or wrap up) the beta at least.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
People are starting to find out they were accepted for the CBT in Japan. Hope the UK and Australia folks won’t be too far behind!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
(Foghorn Leghorn voice) Now I say I say I do declare that I quite enjoy hearing a grand spanking new rendition of that there Dearly Beloved, well I, well I, I don't know too much 'bout that there new Missing Link game, seems a bit, y'know, well uh, a bit FOOLISH, a bit wet behind the ears, but the music is the cats meow, son!

SuperNova

Awards
Yoko Shimomura will drag the KH series across the finish line with nothing but her piano and ducktape by god.

Awards
It’s a little hard to believe the beta starts in just a few days. Ever Crisis was already up for pre-registration and had full on social media marketing leading up to its beta. I know this is a smaller scale CBT, but hoping we get some character artwork from Nomura to kick off (or wrap up) the beta at least.
Cuz FF eats all its vegetables and does good in school

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone here get the invite? The beta kicks off at 7:00 UTC tomorrow.

i know people are allowed to share videos and pics but i want to know if there is anyone starting a livestream tonight?

not sure if anyone is going to try to port it on the PC on the first day or if that will even be a thing, but i'm hoping, that just like KH3 some people are going to livestream it

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
i know people are allowed to share videos and pics but i want to know if there is anyone starting a livestream tonight?

not sure if anyone is going to try to port it on the PC on the first day or if that will even be a thing, but i'm hoping, that just like KH3 some people are going to livestream it

Here’s one from Japan:

EDIT:

Looks like the game is built to show button controls for PlayStation controllers at least. This streamer appears to be using one and it shows X to jump, O to attack, L1+Square to use a statue, and Triangle to toggle auto battle. Looks like you can carry up to four character trophies and they’re assigned to L1+Square, Triangle, X, or O. So really not unlike using shortcuts in mainline games for magic/items. (I’ve actually wanted the main series to use shortcuts for equipped special attacks/magic like Sonic Blade, Mega Flare, etc. for a while.)

Mods, do we need a Spoilers thread for story details or spoiler tags? Or are we treating any story content in the beta as fair game to discuss openly?

To earn character pieces in the field, looks like you have to fight Keyblade wielding enemies. Looks like PVP could eventually be a thing.

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Looks a tad unwieldy. The UI seems to be okay, though could be better; still, less is more, and a gacha game with way too many buttons on its interface is most annoying of all. They better fix those bugs and glitches soon.

Back