• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Ships Five Million Units Worldwide Becoming Fastest Selling Game In The Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I wouldn’t expect any DLC right now unless they had a roadmap planned before they ended development last year. At best they have a skeleton crew that is available for debugging and patch development.

But once they come back from vacation...hooo boy

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
One thing I missed from some of the other games was being able to revisit the worlds for more story. Forget new worlds, I'd like to see expansions to the current ones (being able to visit the Coliseum in Olympus again, more areas to the Hundred Acre Wood/Twilight Town, etc.).

furusatoe

Yeah I wouldn’t expect any DLC right now unless they had a roadmap planned before they ended development last year. At best they have a skeleton crew that is available for debugging and patch development.

But once they come back from vacation...hooo boy

Are they on vacation as part of launch celebration? If so, any idea of how long that typically lasts? Japan has such a grueling work culture that I can't imagine them being gone for more than a month at most; more realistically, only a week or two.

k99y77

Awards
I remember reading a comment on GameFAQs saying "KH3 will barely reach 3 million copies and they will reconsider making another saga" I wonder what that guy thinks now?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In what reality would barely reaching 3m units sold even be bad?

Are they on vacation as part of launch celebration? If so, any idea of how long that typically lasts? Japan has such a grueling work culture that I can't imagine them being gone for more than a month at most; more realistically, only a week or two.

I think it lasts about three weeks? Work culture might be grueling but it took SE a lot of time and a lot of hiring events to get the staff they had for KH3. I can’t say too much about it, but I do know they will do what they can to keep that staff around.

ghostwarmen

Awards
In what reality would barely reaching 3m units sold even be bad?

I think it lasts about three weeks? Work culture might be grueling but it took SE a lot of time and a lot of hiring events to get the staff they had for KH3. I can’t say too much about it, but I do know they will do what they can to keep that staff around.
That’s good to hear. About the keeping the staff, kinda wish their vacation was a little longer knowing the amount of work they put in, but yeah, the work culture there is a bit more intense. Either way, seriously looking forward to what they have to bring next!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Square Enix are well beyond the Yoichi Wada years but, in all honesty, they still have a bit to learn.

It's not like Yosuke Mitsuda is any better. He requested Hitman and IO Interactive to be sold off because it was "no longer profitable". He also ignores the fact that Taito has a slew of intellectual properties that can be utilised for todays console market but ignores the subsidiary company in favour of them just being a Japanese arcade brand, and poorly mismanaged Tokyo RPG Factory.

For as bad as Yoichi Wada was, his acquisitions of Taito and Eidos was able to diversify Square Enix as a gaming company, yet Yosuke Mitsuda is backpeddaling on both these subsidiaries potential just because their domestic gaming division is going through schedule shambles.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's not like Yosuke Mitsuda is any better. He requested Hitman and IO Interactive to be sold off because it was "no longer profitable". He also ignores the fact that Taito has a slew of intellectual properties that can be utilised for todays console market but ignores the subsidiary company in favour of them just being a Japanese arcade brand, and poorly mismanaged Tokyo RPG Factory.

For as bad as Yoichi Wada was, his acquisitions of Taito and Eidos was able to diversify Square Enix as a gaming company, yet Yosuke Mitsuda is backpeddaling on both these subsidiaries potential just because their domestic gaming division is going through schedule shambles.

This is why Hironobu Sakaguchi and the other FINAL FANTASY bigwigs that left Square Enix were perfect executives: because they were artists and developers that understood how administrative decisions affected their end work. Both Wada and Mitsuda are profit driven. Square needs to add more developers into its executive positions.

But up until now, KINGDOM HEARTS is in a sort of haven where SQuare doesn't meddle that much, which may be thanks to Disney.

They dont meddle with kingdom hearts eh? So Kingdom hearts is keeping the world order....Donalds magic at it again behind the scenes?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Nomura got that big dick energy rn

Dude's been probably had that type of energy since around July last year once they knew the end was in sight, and had to jump to the FFVII Remake.

This is why Hironobu Sakaguchi and the other FINAL FANTASY bigwigs that left Square Enix were perfect executives: because they were artists and developers that understood how administrative decisions affected their end work. Both Wada and Mitsuda are profit driven. Square needs to add more developers into its executive positions.

But up until now, KINGDOM HEARTS is in a sort of haven where SQuare doesn't meddle that much, which may be thanks to Disney.

Business and art, it's one hell of a balance... I can speak from experience. I'll say this though, I agree. When you've got people in charge that care about the art, you usually see more higher quality products coming out as a result. People want things that are GOOD, obviously. Gimmicky stuff only really works if it makes sense to the consumer and if it's... good lmao. So when phone games come out and die around three weeks later, that's why. Pokemon Go, on the other hand, was a summer phenomenon and people still play that game. Trust, if Square were to follow your suggestion and put say, Nomura in an executive position.... Well first off we'd be getting Versus XIII in a fort night most definitely LOL, but I bet we'd also be getting a lot more passion projects getting approved as well.

The drawbacks though are of course, focusing on the art too much and not considering creating products that are things that people actually wanna buy. Sometimes you need people to say no, some ideas don't work in practicality. So yeah, balance lol. But I wish they did though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Dude's been probably had that type of energy since around July last year once they knew the end was in sight, and had to jump to the FFVII Remake.

Business and art, it's one hell of a balance... I can speak from experience. I'll say this though, I agree. When you've got people in charge that care about the art, you usually see more higher quality products coming out as a result. People want things that are GOOD, obviously. Gimmicky stuff only really works if it makes sense to the consumer and if it's... good lmao. So when phone games come out and die around three weeks later, that's why. Pokemon Go, on the other hand, was a summer phenomenon and people still play that game. Trust, if Square were to follow your suggestion and put say, Nomura in an executive position.... Well first off we'd be getting Versus XIII in a fort night most definitely LOL, but I bet we'd also be getting a lot more passion projects getting approved as well.

The drawbacks though are of course, focusing on the art too much and not considering creating products that are things that people actually wanna buy. Sometimes you need people to say no, some ideas don't work in practicality. So yeah, balance lol. But I wish they did though.

I pretty much concur with the entirety of your post.

Like I've said before, Nomura as a director has to make sacrifices, and I imagine the lack of scope in terms of the original worlds is one. I presume he had to make that sacrifice in order to prioritize the Disney and Pixar properties being unique experiences and movies all in themselves.

Back