• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
The guy playing the game just posted his review on reddit: Meh.

thats it. He went from game of the year to meh in a span of three hours. He also just said in a comment that the ending doesn’t feel like there’s a payoff for the series buildup so I think that’s why he’s upset.

sorawild

This game can't be as bad as FFXV. I played KHIII at PAX and the gameplay is 9.5/10. FFXV's gameplay was atrocious.

Never forget the wonderful gameplay that was holding the circle button....and magic being turned into glorified grenades that also hurt your own party...god that was awful

Darvandark

And the twitter guy says its GOTY without any actual reasoning. I'll defer to reddit dude since hes actually familiar with the series.
They are they same dudes. The twitter guy is the one playing, the one with the keyblades. He has played the game, the reddit guy just is the one who got him into it. According to him the one playing (twitter) is now more into the series than anything. Also twitter guy is literally using twitter. A very limited platform to give your opinion.

Leaferian

Awards
I don't care for their opinions, never actually have. People have praised what they've been doing but they're not good people for even what they've done.

They had their own expectations. I can't speak for how they personally built it all up so I can only speak for mine and I'm not in denial about anything. The ending could suck for everyone! It's a possibility. It's always been a possibility. It's one that I've prepared for in the 5.5 years of build up that there's been. But I'm not going to drop everything and beg people to apologise based on the whim of two individuals. I'm going to keep my own expectations and go into the game with those, and I'll judge that package based on how it works for me.
Pretty much how I feel. I always judge games for myself, with no regards to the opinions of others.

notnow123487

Awards
I think this is important for people to read to temper expectations with the resolution. This is the guys comment on the game overall and the ending:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Let's all get this straight for everybody.

The leaker is more invested in KH than his brother and finds KH3 to be GOTY material, with his only problem being something related to X and how the end wasn't really what he expected it to be.

The brother isn't all that invested anymore but still kinda invested since he played KH with the leaker ever since said leaker was little, got foaming at the mouth angry over what happened in the endgame, and went onto his milk rant.

I guess the leaker thinks his brother was overreacting since he told him to calm down with that tone of voice you have when someone you know is really mad over something that you aren't really mad about.

So we got two brothers with conflicting opinions about the game.

METAL GEAR SOLID 6, BOIS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They are they same dudes. The twitter guy is the one playing, the one with the keyblades. He has played the game, the reddit guy just is the one who got him into it. According to him the one playing (twitter) is now more into the series than anything. Also twitter guy is literally using twitter. A very limited platform to give your opinion.
Also worth noting that the one posting on Twitter is also posting on Reddit. They are both on that platform.

notnow123487

Awards
Let's all get this straight for everybody.

The leaker is more invested in KH than his brother and finds KH3 to be GOTY material, with his only problem being something related to X.

The brother isn't all that invested anymore but still kinda invested since he played KH with the leaker ever since said leaker was little, got foaming at the mouth angry over what happened in the endgame, and went onto his milk rant.

I guess the leaker thinks his brother was overreacting since he told him to calm down with that tone of voice you have when someone you know is really mad over something that you aren't really mad about.

So we got two brothers with conflicting opinions about the game.

METAL GEAR SOLID 6, BOIS

No he doesn’t. The leaker just posted his review on reddit. “Meh....”

He thinks there’s wayyyy more problems with the game if you read what he’s posting now. He has issues with the endgame which is exactly what happened with FFXV.

sorawild

The guy playing the game just posted his review on reddit: Meh.

thats it. He went from game of the year to meh in a span of three hours. He also just said in a comment that the ending doesn’t feel like there’s a payoff for the series buildup so I think that’s why he’s upset.

There is also the fact that they said they got royally pissed off that the mobile game actually has some importance in KH3 at the very end. So that could have also effected their enjoyment greatly.

Oh boy I just remembered Angry Joe is gonna review KH3 without playing any of the other games. Thats gonna be great

Senzura

Banned
Reminder that you can beat KH1 in less than 15 hours quite easily. That trophy for 1.5 was hilariously easy and made me realize how much of the game was just extra.

I'm so tired of this argument. You can beat KH2 in less than 3 hours, people have done it, but thats not what we're comparing. What does a blind, first time playthrough look like?

Considering they spent most of their time jumping around and idling, it looks like the game could be less than 20 hours. Absolutely it would take more for a first time KH1 playthrough

Darvandark

There is also the fact that they said they got royally pissed off that the mobile game actually has some importance in KH3 at the very end. So that could have also effected their enjoyment greatly.

Oh boy I just remembered Angry Joe is gonna review KH3 without playing any of the other games. Thats gonna be great

To be honest I'm kind of looking forward to his review. It would be a good way to see what the game looks like to everyone who'll be picking up the game from there. Especially all the XBOX players that won't even have a chance at playing the other games to "get ready".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
‪So people are freaking out over what one guy who didn’t even play said and it’s annoying. I need y’all to remember something: IT’S ONE GUY. ONE. WATCHING ANOTHER GUY PLAY A GAME ILLEGALLY.

Form your own opinions when the game is out rather than trying to extrapolate from some guys experience that has been selectively shown and experienced secondhand.

sorawild

I think this is important for people to read to temper expectations with the resolution. This is the guys comment on the game overall and the ending:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If I remember correctly the after credits scene and secret ending are not actually in the game yet. So that might be why it felt so anti-climactic

notnow123487

Awards
So apparently s**t hits the fan which was when he tweeted that it’s game of the year but then it doesn’t go anywhere which is seemingly why they’re both so upset right now. Seems like there wasn’t the payoff they wanted.

Senzura

Banned
If I remember correctly the after credits scene and secret ending are not actually in the game yet. So that might be why it felt so anti-climactic

Did Nomura ever actually say this? He simply said "they remain safe/hidden"

he never said anything about DLC if I recall the interview

sorawild

I'm so tired of this argument. You can beat KH2 in less than 3 hours, people have done it, but thats not what we're comparing. What does a blind, first time playthrough look like?

Considering they spent most of their time jumping around and idling, it looks like the game could be less than 20 hours. Absolutely it would take more for a first time KH1 playthrough

I was 7 years old when I first played KH1. I beat it in 12 hours. KH games have never been all that long

Squood!

seibah
Awards
So the brother ranked KH3 below freaking CoM on GBA.

And to my non-surprise, the brother had KH2FM on top.

rmunoz1994

I was 7 years old when I first played KH1. I beat it in 12 hours. KH games have never been all that long

Damn...you were a good gamer at 7 years old then. I got it when I was 8...it probably took me that long to maneuver around Deep Jungle and beat that damn Iguana lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back