• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Einon is NOTHING compared to Anakin. If Anakin wasn't so distressed in his heart and mind thinking of a way to prevent his love from dying, he wouldn't have fall into the Darkness' trap so easily. He was a hero, and in the end when he came to his senses, he still is one.

Merlin326

Hmm. Is this taking any inspiration at all from mine? Some of that sounds a little too familiar...But It'll be good nonetheless.

The Armagedon Device sounds a bit like the roled of the Halos in the Halo series, to purge the galaxy of the Flood in the event of an infestation.

I doubt it. the above is only a rought, rough outline on something i havent even pup on pap...er word, yet. this is something i have given thought since Part IV.

and yes, the Armegeddon Device is my spinnoff of Halo.

You should have put a spoiler tag in their, Herr Merlin. Aloz's death is a significant event that you just gave away. Being an amazing villain, I was hoping he would persevere into the sequel.

yeah... i didnt think about that. im not too good at this kind of thing yet. fixing...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Why does your name on who's online and currently viewing got a plus next to it?

Yeah, my outline, despite you saying it being detailed, is still only in planning stages. I have no clue how I am to integrate my characters into the worlds I include. And I've only got six unique scenes planned in my head.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
((I've figured out what the + means. It means you're on my buddy list.))

((And thanks for the prolouge back, I'll make sure to be more careful in the future.))

Merlin326

and now, for your reading pleasure, the final chapter in the Dragonheart section of our story. i only hope i did this scene justice.

Chapter 8
To the Stars​

Sora, Riku, Kairi and Bowen clashed swords against Einon, by now having made their way up to a tower above where Draco was held. Bowen forced Einon up the stairs so that Sora and the others could get up and join in combat once again.

Einon attempted to step on the flat of Bowen’s blade after a failed swing, but Bowen managed to use this to throw Einon off balance and topple back. As he made another strike, though, Einon managed to chop the end of his sword right off, leaving the weapon next to useless.

Bowen was forced to only defend himself as Sora, Riku and Kairi fought offensively. Bowen grabbed a rock and smashed it against Einon’s head, forcing him back.

“Bowen!”

Bowen turned to see Kara holding a two handed axe, which she then threw at him. He caught it with ease, and was back on the offensive.

“Lo, I’m immortal,” Einon breathed.

Bowen swung the axe at Einon, but it was much heavier and much slower than a blade, and Einon was able to dodge the blow easily. The axe stuck in the pillar of wood behind it, imbedding itself deep into the wood. Bowen let go and jumped out of the way just as Einon charged at him, then past him, then over the edge on down. He crashed through the roof of a building and down to the waters below in the catacombs.

After releasing the axe from the wood, Bowen, Sora, Kairi, and Riku ran down the stairs to free Draco.

“Now it’s you, Bowen,” Draco said as Bowen undid the chains on Draco, “It’s you that has to do it!”

“What are you talking about?” Bowen asked as he removed the chains around Draco’s head.

“As the heart binds Einon to me in life, it binds us in death.”

“That’s not true,” Sora said as he melted the chains around Draco’s hands.

“You all have seen that it is! Through the heart, we share each other’s pains and power. But in my half beats the life source. For Einon to die, I must die!”

“Einon is dead,” Bowen said. He had seen Einon fall to his death himself.

“He lives!” Draco shouted.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sora said, “Don’t you hear it? Our rebels have stormed the castle. Alive or dead, Einon’s beaten. We’ve won!”

“You will never win until Einon’s evil is destroyed, and to do that, you must destroy me!”

“No,” Bowen said simply. He couldn’t… not Draco…

“Once you swore your sword and service were mine, to call when I had need of you, to ask what I would of you. I hold you to your vow, Knight!” Draco turned to Sora and the others, “and you three. You all are Keyblade wielders, the defenders of Kingdom Hearts and warriors of light! It’s your job to bring peace and order to the worlds endangered by the darkness. Are you going to let the darkness win on this world?”

Footsteps could then be heard coming in their direction, and Draco gasped, “He’s coming, coming to stop you! Strike now before it’s too late!”

Bowen, Sora, Riku, and Kairi turned, but it was Kara who came down. She looked down the hole where Einon had fallen, and looked up, and shook her head. Einon was not there. He still lived.

Sora looked back to Draco and said, “You are the last.”

“My time is over. Strike!”

Bowen walked in front of Draco’s head and said, “You are my friend.”

“Then as my friend,” Draco said, “Strike, PLEASE!”

“I can’t,” Bowen said, turning away from Draco.

“Then I will make you,” Draco breathed and slashed with his free claw at the heroes. Bowen quickly rolled out of the way and turned, the axe raised.

“Fight back, Dragonslayer! Defend yourself!” Draco yelled, and then breathed fire on them. Sora, Riku and Kairi jumped out of the way, but Bowen, knowing that Draco could not bring himself to hurt his friends, merely stood still, and the stream of fire merely passed by him on both sides. It was at this moment Brother Gilbert came outside, and paused, wondering what was going on. When the flames stopped so Draco could take a breath, Bowen threw the axe to the ground.

“Pick it up!” Draco yelled.

Kara then gasped, feeling a blade against her throat. Einon had arrived. Bowen started for Kara, but stopped when he saw the blade. Gilbert reached for an arrow, but was dismayed to find that he had none left. Sora clenched his teeth, realizing he couldn’t get a blast off before Einon could slit Kara’s throat. Draco, desperate to help, bit his own hand. Einon, feeling Draco’s pain, clenched his own hand, dropped the sword and allowing for Kara to get away.

Einon pulled out a dagger from his belt and charged towards Bowen. To Bowen, time seemed to slow. He ran forward and picked up the axe. He looked at Einon, dead three times over but still living. He looked at Draco, who smiled at Bowen, hope in his eyes. He turned back to Einon, who was ever closer now. He turned to Draco again, who opened the scale that protected the delicate skin that covered his heart, a scar running across it where he had opened it 12 years before. He turned to Einon again, who raised the dagger, ready to strike.

And then, Bowen flung the axe at Draco. His aim was true, piercing right through the skin and his heart. Draco let out a roar of pain and collapsed. At the same moment, Einon faltered, and Bowen flung Einon over his shoulder and grabbed the dagger in his hand. He looked at Einon, and realized there was no need for another strike. Einon gasped for breath for a few moments, and then lay still.

All eyes then turned to Draco, who gave a nod of approval, laid his head down, closed his eyes, and died with a smile on his face. Bowen could not believe his eyes. His friend, the last of the dragons, Draco, was dead. Brother Gilbert held his bow across his heart in respect. Sora, Riku, and Kairi saluted Draco with their Keyblades. Kara could only stare in disbelief at what she had just seen.

At that moment, the gates opened, and the rebels stormed in. Their first sight was Einon, dead, on the ground; their second Draco, dead. The rebels stopped dead at the sight of the latter, stunned into silence. Bowen turned and saw that it was only them. The rebels slowly walked to the fallen dragon to pay their last respects.

Bowen turned back to Draco and, dropping the dagger on the way, walked over to his dear friend’s head. He kneeled before the dragon’s head, forcing back his tears.

“What now, Draco?” Bowen said quietly, “Without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?”

The crowd then muttered in amazement as Draco’s body transformed into an intangible, orange gaseous … thing; his soul, most likely. Bowen rose to his feet in awe of the sight. He touched his cheek, and Draco’s final words echoed through the courtyard.

“To the stars, Bowen,” the voice answered, “To the stars.”

And then Draco’s soul slowly rose through the sky, before the eyes of everyone. Kara, Brother Gilbert, Hewe, Bowen, Sora, Riku, Kairi. They all watched in respectful silence as the soul of the last of the dragons rose, flying up to the constellation that Draco was named after. The stars making up Draco moved together, towards Draco’s soul.

When all the stars reached the same point, they seemed to explode in a magnificent flash. The explosion was reflected off of the eyes of all who watched. They seemed to form the image of a dragon, the image of Draco. No one could believe what they were seeing; Draco’s sacrifice to stop Einon’s evil had earned him a spot in the Dragon’s Heaven. The stars then moved together and returned to their original positions, only now, one shown brighter than all the others. That star, was Draco’s soul.
-------
The next day, Sora, Riku and Kairi said their goodbyes to Bowen and Kara, and departed for their Gummi Ship. As they left, they heard Aloz’s voice in their heads, congratulating them and giving them a warning.

I commend you for saving this world. However, my defeat here is meaningless. Hurry home, kiddies, and maybe you’ll be in time to watch your beloved Radiant Garden fall to the Heartless and Xehanort. And while you despair at your inevitable defeat, I will take the Key to the Kingdom from your cold, dead hands. Be ready to shake hands with death, Keyblade Masters! Your Angel of Death awaits!

as i have said before, this movie (and this scene in particular) is one of my all time favorites. and the music in this scene (titled To the Stars, fittingly) is perfect for the scene and the story in general.

a little trivia about the song. To the Stars has been used in several other movies (Disney's Mulan, Two Brothers, Seven Years in Tibet, and in clip montages for the Academy Awards).

anyone who hasnt seen the movie and wants to hear the song can use this link (warning, the video acompanying it is Crisis Core, and there are probably spoilers)

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

I was surprised though, if the dragon can share half a heart, can't he take it back? >_>

i think its more of a magical process that a literal (heart transplant) type thing. that's something you'd have to take up with Universal Studios, however.

anyway, another chapter for the enjoyment and continued patronage of you readers. it's been a while since i've had a fragmented tale posted, so that's what this next thing is. enjoy
Fragmented Tale the 21st
Melody of the Flute
Present time​

Spoiler and Axel glanced down to the town of Radiant Garden below. So much had changed since this war had begun; every possible exit to the entrance of town had been barricaded, leaving only the path to the castle open. The castle itself was protected by several traps and vigilant guards on duty at all times.

But these were peaceful people, unskilled in the art of war. Both of them knew it would not take much of a siege to fold the defenses. And when those defensive measures failed, there would be no avoiding the massacre that would follow.

The Trench Coat Brigade had returned to Radiant Garden after the battle in England, confident Sora and the others could affairs on that world. Phantasm had informed them that Aloz would only try half-heartedly to win over the world, and would likely not engage directly in combat unless forced to. Knowing that, Spoiler and Axel reluctantly agreed to return to protect the castle town from any attack. During this time, Phantasm had sat alone atop one of the cliffs, coincidently the very cliff Xando had fallen off at the beginning of the war.

“They are vigilant,” Spoiler noted, “willing to protect their home, though knowing they stand little chance against the Heartless in a full invasion.”

“They may stand more of a chance than you think,” Axel disagreed, “remember, these people have nowhere to turn to. They have no escape. And the most dangerous enemy you can fight is one that has nothing left to lose. A weak animal will fight to the death if backed into a corner, and a poor man is a much greater threat than a rich man because the poor man places less value on his own life.”

Spoiler could only laugh. Not only because she knew her comrade was right, and it was better to hope than only to believe in cold hard facts, but also because Axel was obviously not the type to think up such phrases, much less quote them. Spoiler’s laugh quickly ended when she remembered her friend Phantasm was still up on the cliff. He had claimed to be going over his master plan once again, but she knew the truth. Phantasm was still trying to come to terms with his past.

“He has been up there a long time,” Spoiler said, “since yesterday afternoon. As soon as we returned, he goes up to that cliff and hasn’t come down.”

Axel nodded, “He needs his privacy. He has gone through so much, we all have. He just hasn’t been able to accept all of it yet.”

Suddenly, Axel’s keen eyes noted a second figure encroaching upon Phantasm, and Axel put a hand to his sheathed sword.

“A visitor,” Spoiler noted, also seeing the figure, “friend or foe?”

“Let’s find out.”
--------------
Phantasm sat cross-legged atop the cliff, the instrument in his hands. He had come up here last night to reminisce, to one last time converse with his dearest friend in the moonlit night. Upon their parting, he had played the ocarina, finely crafted by his own hands, and had performed a sad melody throughout the night. He stopped the song as soon as he heard the figure behind him.

“I know that song,” The Question said, sitting down next to Phantasm, “quite a popular melody by, to be frank, a spooney bard. Even my people appreciate his works, and they are not easily impressed.”

“A good song,” Phantasm agreed, then reached under his jacket and pulled out a small black pendant with a green gem imbedded in the center. “Here.”

“You don’t want it?” Question asked hesitantly.

“Thank you,” Phantasm said honestly, “but I don’t need it anymore.”

Question hesitantly took the pendant, a precious artifact from his home known as the Galator. It possessed a power only those with goodness in them could use: the ability to see those the possessor cared about, no matter the distance between them.

“So where does the music lie?” Phantasm asked, reciting an old riddle that had never been answered, “Is it in the instrument itself…?”

“Or in the hands that play it?” Question finished, smiling. “It won’t be long now. This war ends soon.”
Phantasm nodded, but did not say a word. Even after all this time, had never liked to say goodbyes.

“Goodbyes are bittersweet,” Question said, reading his mind, “but as long as you live and feel, you cannot avoid them.”

Phantasm nodded, and then replied, “I… have one last favor to ask of you, if I may.”

“Yes? What is it?”

“If… I die before I can tell Sora the truth, will you… tell him of Xando’s fate?”

Question looked deep past the holes in Phantasm’s mask and into the eyes. They were the eyes of one who was willing to risk everything for the safety of the universe and those inside it; the eyes of someone who truly cared, even if he didn’t like to admit it even to himself; they were the eyes of one who had lost so much, but still could find happiness. They were the eyes of a true hero, not one only measured by their strength in battle, but also by his character and principals.

“I will,” Question answered, and rose to his feet.

“Where will you go now?” Phantasm asked.

“Home.”

Phantasm did not attempt to pry any more knowledge from his companion, but instead placed the handmade ocarina to his lips again and played his melody of the flue once again.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But a good story can inspire an audience in more ways than a simple picture could. A story could move an audience to tears when the hero died, or make them shake their fists in rage at the villain. A good storyteller could make their audience feel as if they were right there in the action, and that was worth more than a million pictures.

A similar statement could be said about music. The right song, played by the right musician and under the right circumstances, could make a listener feel a variety of emotions. For this simple reason, a good melody may be worth several thousand words as well. Hearing the sad song Phantasm played atop the cliff, Question knew the saying to be true, for he felt nothing but sadness listening to the song. Anyone in Phantasm’s company for too long, under any circumstances, would eventually feel uneasy. They may not be able to realize it, but this was because they could unconsciously feel empathy or even sympathy for him, even with no knowledge of his past.

“Farewell, my friend,” Question muttered almost inaudibly, forcing back the melancholy tears that surfaced due to Phantasm. Suddenly, Question stopped and looked towards the sky. Then, so softly no one but himself could hear it, he added, “Forgive me. Rest in peace, Xando. You earned it.”

a bit short, but no less important to the story. also, it seems Q knows quite a bit about Xando's fate since his fall way back when. what truth could it be? a few fun facts:

both the Galator and the ridle on where the music lies refer to the Lost Years of Merlin series (good series of books, i recommend them).

the melody Phantasm plays is the theme music for the above mentioned 'spooney bard.'

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Finally! Another Fragmented Tale!
Damnit! I can't wait to find out what's Xando's true fate really is/was.

Ventus

Simply Awesome. It has been so long since i've read something as creative and entertaining as this ;D

Riku Fan1415

I knew it! As soon as I saw that word, "Galator", I knew where it came from! Using stuff from your own story, Merlin? :thumbsup:

"Rest in peace"? Xando's........dead? :cry:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
He never said Xando was dead. Didn't you read the story at that point? I didn't want him to go, but if he really is gone? Then it was a fitting end, for the most part.

It was good having Xando, a non-canon character who had a past that we weren't fully aware of and hadn't alread played through over the course of two or three games.

So... Anything happening with The Master yet?

I'm very much interested to find out about The Great Old Ones and The Devil's Arms. I'm tempted to ask for you to PM me more details about D2, but I've already had enough insights from you about D1. I'll let the D2 experience remain new and surprising and fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back