• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume II

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

System BbS II will be for.

• PSP

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 3DS

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • PS Vita

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Any Console

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Not trying to be too spoilerish in this thread, but was it confirmed after KH: DDD? (note: I didn't watch the ending)

How about a system where I don't have to spend around 300 just to play the next game in the series. It will most likely be for the Vita as that seems to be a very good candidate right now.

Nate

A while back, before I had a Vita, I wanted it for the PSP..But now, after owning one for over a month, I think it NEEDS to be on the Vita. Plus, it was said that the past would be shown with a new number? In HD? Could that mean...The time between BBS and KH1+(past) would be in BBSV.2(new number?) on the Vita? (HD)

But for some reason, I think BBS V.2 would be called Kingdom Hearts 0.5 or something similar, I don't think it would still have BBS in the title. And plus, 0.5 is a new number :p

Last edited:

Lars

Hmm stil tinking there wont be a Volume 2, but if its gone happend i think on the 3ds, i believe that their doing one game for the 3Ds of kingdom hearts.

Nate

Hmm stil tinking there wont be a Volume 2, but if its gone happend i think on the 3ds, i believe that their doing one game for the 3Ds of kingdom hearts.

Um..You mean another game for the 3DS..?
Why..?

soraorganization

I'm all for the Vita but that means another 250 dollars and last year i spent 200 for the PSP to get BbS and I only have 4 games for it compared to the DS which I have like 30. I just got a 3DS mainly for Kingdom Hearts but more for the next Pokemon game plus all future games I'll buy. If it's for the Vita it's probally going to be the only game I get for it but doesn't really matter cause I'm turning 16 soon and will be getting a job soon anyways.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Out of those choices, I think if it was real, it has the highest chances on the Vita or the 3DS (they made multiple DS games, so it would all depend on how important of a story Nomura believes BbSv2 to be). The reason I say it depends on Nomura's importance is because it seems he only like to put the main title and games he believe are as important as a main title (BbS) on Sony systems (CoM started on Nintendo, so I don't think Re:CoM should disregard this). Nomura has said that he thought DDD, while it was important, it wasn't as important as a main title, I forgot where he said that in an interview. So I think that if BbSv2 is KH0.5 as some have said, it will be the Vita, if not, 3DS.

soraorganization

Out of those choices, I think if it was real, it has the highest chances on the Vita or the 3DS (they made multiple DS games, so it would all depend on how important of a story Nomura believes BbSv2 to be). The reason I say it depends on Nomura's importance is because it seems he only like to put the main title and games he believe are as important as a main title (BbS) on Sony systems (CoM started on Nintendo, so I don't think Re:CoM should disregard this). Nomura has said that he thought DDD, while it was important, it wasn't as important as a main title, I forgot where he said that in an interview. So I think that if BbSv2 is KH0.5 as some have said, it will be the Vita, if not, 3DS.
That's dumb he said Dream Drop Distance was on par with a numbered title like BbS. It's very important too because it's the prelude to Kingdom Hearts III. Plus if he said it wasn't as important as a main tilte it's the same as BbS, it's important but not a numbered tilte and isn't as important as one.

Knehcs

If it happens, I'd expect it on the 3DS. I'm sure it would be much easier to create a game for it in a relatively short amount of time after becoming quite familiar with it through DDD. It just makes sense from a monetary standpoint. I don't really agree with the "only important games go on Sony systems" idea.

Then they'll be able to save the HD treatment for whatever numbered title comes next (remakes or KH3).

Ikkin

Bronze Member
If it happens, I'd expect it on the 3DS. I'm sure it would be much easier to create a game for it in a relatively short amount of time after becoming quite familiar with it through DDD. It just makes sense from a monetary standpoint. I don't really agree with the "only important games go on Sony systems" idea.

Then they'll be able to save the HD treatment for whatever numbered title comes next (remakes or KH3).

Well, that's one consideration, but here's another -- if they make a KH game for Vita, they might be able to use some of the same assets for KH3. The true continuation of the series is obviously going to be a huge endeavor, and breaking up the work by using some of it for a separate game might actually make it easier for them to get KH3 out in a reasonable time period (especially if Osaka works on BbSv2 and therefore gains HD experience so that they can join the KH1/2 team in working on KH3 once they actually make it).

CrimsonSquall

Well, that's one consideration, but here's another -- if they make a KH game for Vita, they might be able to use some of the same assets for KH3. The true continuation of the series is obviously going to be a huge endeavor, and breaking up the work by using some of it for a separate game might actually make it easier for them to get KH3 out in a reasonable time period (especially if Osaka works on BbSv2 and therefore gains HD experience so that they can join the KH1/2 team in working on KH3 once they actually make it).
Yea I agreed with you up until the HD part. Remember, the Vita isn't TRULY in HD, which means it is easier to develop on without the HD hassle, but that would mean he wouldn't truly get that HD developing experience. But shoot, it still looks like Vita games are HD =D

soraorganization

I really do hope it's for the 3DS if it is it can come out next year and people won't have to spend more money to get the next game. Many people already have a 3DS and are buying one for DDD to make another game for a different system with a lesser fanbase(not hating on Vita don't kill me)would be foolish. With BbS people had 5 years this next game will most likely release next year they have to be smart about the choice for the platform it'll be on.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Yea I agreed with you up until the HD part. Remember, the Vita isn't TRULY in HD, which means it is easier to develop on without the HD hassle, but that would mean he wouldn't truly get that HD developing experience. But shoot, it still looks like Vita games are HD =D

It's 544p, which is basically as high as some popular HD games (coughCallOfDutycough), and the asset quality should be roughly similar, which is the important thing. HD development isn't hard because of the resolution -- it's hard because of asset quality.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Should be on Vita, should be called Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect. :D

Re:coded was going to be called Reconnect. xD

Storyboard01.jpg

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That's dumb he said Dream Drop Distance was on par with a numbered title like BbS. It's very important too because it's the prelude to Kingdom Hearts III. Plus if he said it wasn't as important as a main tilte it's the same as BbS, it's important but not a numbered tilte and isn't as important as one.

I don't recall him saying it was equivalent to BbS. He did call BbS KH0 though (he did not assign a number to DDD), and I do believe he said in an interview that DDD didn't rival a numbered title. Also, every game is important, where it stands on the timeline should not make it any less or more important.

Knehcs

I don't recall him saying it was equivalent to BbS. He did call BbS KH0 though (he did not assign a number to DDD), and I do believe he said in an interview that DDD didn't rival a numbered title. Also, every game is important, where it stands on the timeline should not make it any less or more important.

Ah, but he did compare DDD to a numbered title. I've not been able to find the interview, but if you Google "dream drop distance on par with numbered title" you'll find quite a few sites (that we could hope to be credible sources, including the wikis) that claim it is. Besides, what would he call it if he were to give it a number? If he said it was Kingdom Hearts 3, people would run with it and shriek and moan that it wasn't on one of the bigger consoles (PS3 or 360).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Dream Drop Distance is supposed to be KH 2.5 duh :cool:

@topic:

Ya know, Birth by Sleep Volume II might not even happen at all now I think about it. It has come to my attention that SE/Normua is still making edits to Kingdom Heart's storyline and I feel like BBSvII might not be a game or even happen at all. For all we know, it might be even more Kingdom Hearts manga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back