• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 Overrated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KH2 is overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 58.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
so you don't think namine and Diz's sudden reappearance wasn't so random? or roxas suddenly appearing out of nowhere to fight sora?

so you don't think namine and Diz's sudden reappearance wasn't so random? or roxas suddenly appearing out of nowhere to fight sora?

wasnt diz in the world that never was to use that device thing to destroy kingdom hearts??? if so thats not random...
namine was there to help her "somebody" kiari in the world that never was
and i liked the part where roxas fights sora...

Allister Rose

French Lover
wasnt diz in the world that never was to use that device thing to destroy kingdom hearts??? if so thats not random...
namine was there to help her "somebody" kiari in the world that never was
and i liked the part where roxas fights sora...
i know why they were there, just dont know what they were doing through all of kh.

and axel's sudden kidnapping with kairi is the only thing that triggered the end of kh1.

i'm just saying there could've been much more built up before executing these scenes. DiZ could've done that at any time, why did it take him this long to do so? how did namine know kairi was in trouble? Although we know why axel kidnapped kairi, it could've been hinted further that he was aiming to get kairi. or maybe he couldn't kidnap riku so he attempted to get kairi. or soemthing like that.

that and i think Organization XIII's motive could've been a secret until half way into the story..they could've been "truly mysterious" if we didn't know why they wanted kh, only that they wanted it.

the details in the story are missing. that's the problem with kh2. the story was cut and dry.

Allister Rose

French Lover
you're not convincing....those scenes were random.....despite how much praise they get, they were random...they could've been built up more. that and i have no idea what demnyx was doing in hercules world...

you're not convincing....those scenes were random.....despite how much praise they get, they were random...they could've been built up more. that and i have no idea what demnyx was doing in hercules world...

im not trying to convince you i have said this to you so many times that i love kh2 and thats just my opinion.. u have yours and i have mine and we should agree to disagree because no matter what u say i still will love kh2

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
it's not amtter of love anymore, it's just matter of concreteness....

Why does it matter? She's saying she personally loves KH2. She's not trying to argue that it's the best overall, just that to her, it is. It's her own opinion.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Why does it matter? She's saying she personally loves KH2. She's not trying to argue that it's the best overall, just that to her, it is. It's her own opinion.
i'm not realy trying to argue about her loving it. just that it does get random.

Leer

I don't think it overrated, honestly.
The story isn't as good as the original, but the gameplay is more interesting and fun. It was easier, but not too easy. The story is complicated and slightly confusing at times, but I actually like that in a series.
I like it better then the first, because the gameplay is much more entertaining, but the originals story is very hard to beat.

I haven't played Birth By Sleep or Chain of Memories yet, but I have a feeling I'll like Birth By Sleep more then 2.

BreezyWind

I loved the story line and how much the characters matured. It was pretty easy, but I will never forget it.
Sure, KH1 was harder and more original but still... If Kingdom Hearts just ended with the first one, I know I'd be devastated.
The cut scenes were amazing, and the ending always makes me feel all warm inside :p

Dr_Mario64

i highly recommend you play chain of memories

In my opinion, Chain of Memories is the weakest link. I understand it was supposed to bridge the gap between kh1 and kh2, but it did not do a tremendous job doing so. All we really learned is that Organization XIII needed to drain Sora of his memories to create Xion, who turned out only to be a failed Replica. I suppose you could argue that we saw a little bit of Axel's character and the inside conspiracy that was plotted against the Organization, but even that didn't shine very brightly to me. Castle Oblivion, itself, just felt like one big final world to me. There was supposed to be an increased feeling of tension as Sora ascended the castle but all-white decor and absolutely no scenery changes just didn't do it for me. The worlds, their stories, and their music was all recycled which was a big downfall for me. The battle system was ingenious, though.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
i know why they were there, just dont know what they were doing through all of kh.

and axel's sudden kidnapping with kairi is the only thing that triggered the end of kh1.

i'm just saying there could've been much more built up before executing these scenes. DiZ could've done that at any time, why did it take him this long to do so? how did namine know kairi was in trouble? Although we know why axel kidnapped kairi, it could've been hinted further that he was aiming to get kairi. or maybe he couldn't kidnap riku so he attempted to get kairi. or soemthing like that.

that and i think Organization XIII's motive could've been a secret until half way into the story..they could've been "truly mysterious" if we didn't know why they wanted kh, only that they wanted it.

the details in the story are missing. that's the problem with kh2. the story was cut and dry.

Okay, let's see....

DiZ was off in Twilight Town underground with his computers continuing his research.

Namine didn't exist until the last bit of KH1.

Axel kidnapped Kairi so Sora would come to TWTNW and defeat Xemnas.

Any more questions?

Raebus

Did someone just say the characters matured? Well, I'd certainly never say that. Like, ever.

Jakek9

I play it mostly for gameplay anyways. So KH2 is oddly fun to me. It is not overrated to me, i personally love the game.

leonidus

As many have said, the story of KH2 is brilliant on paper and in concept. The execution, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Yes, we needed more scenes. Yes, we needed some connection. Also, we needed Disney to actually be of point in the game and it is only a filler.

I will tell you this though. The first 3 hours of playing with Roxas and getting into his story is perhaps my most favorite part in the entire series since it is the only part when a character is given actual development that can be really felt. THIS is the part of KH2 that was done INCREDIBLY well. I cannot give more praise. It explained things in scenes and I thought I was up for a brilliant game. But, after that the quality of storytelling fell massively. When Yen Sid introduced OrgXIII, I was just disappointed.

You see, it's not that the story is bad. It's the actual storyTELLING that failed. And I have to agree with this:

It turned Maleficent into comic relief.

If any of you watched the Sleeping Beauty you would know that it is a sin to make fun of a character of such a bone chilling dark charisma. You just don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back