• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kinda stupid Question but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaialone

My bro and I want to buy Re:Com But we live in europe.Is Re:Com going to work on our european PS2 or does it only work on american PS2s?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Unless you buy a Swap Magic set, you wont be playing RE:COM any time soon. Since SM allows you to play both Final Mix's as well, you can call it a worthwhile purchase.

Axens

Banned
Not quite sure if an American game can work on a European PS2, although the language is practically the same. I think that maybe it may work, considering the language similarity, but maybe more research is required.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
They're region-coded games. NA is Region 1, and Europe is Region 2. That's why I recommended the Swap Magic, because it bypasses the code.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's a product. You install a tool, either a new cover or a slider, to your PS2. Now every time you wanna play an import game, you just put the special disc in and, using one of the aforementioned tools, swap the disc out for the game disc and completely, legally bypass the region block. It's actually simple once you know how to use it.

kaialone

It's a product. You install a tool, either a new cover or a slider, to your PS2. Now every time you wanna play an import game, you just put the special disc in and, using one of the aforementioned tools, swap the disc out for the game disc and completely, legally bypass the region block. It's actually simple once you know how to use it.

Sounds cool.Where can i get this?Ebay?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Any online store that sells games(aside from Gamestop) will have it. I bought mine Amazon, but it's best to check the official site, swapmagic3.com, to determine which model PS2 you have before buying.

Gram

Banned
Awards
no you will need swap magic to play Re:CoM [us ver.] to play it.
u can find swap magic on places like ebay or playasia.com.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
swap magic always works XD
which is what people use to play final mix >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back