• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII A Realm of Darkness world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventuskeyblade

Ok so how would you like for KHIII to have the Realm of Darkness as a world? You'd think that there would have to be a world like this because Aqua has to be saved, and I don't think they would just use a cutscene to show this. I was wondering how would you like this world to be done. I would like to have it as either a tutorial section with Aqua at the beginning of the game, (similar to Roxas' tutorial in KHII, complete with mini games ;D) or a level later on with Sora. Maybe Lea would open a portal to the Realm of Darkness at Yen Sid's tower and you could go in there at anytime so the world wouldnt just be a one time visit.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
BBS Final Mix at the very least played around with the possibility. either way, I dont really think anyone's expecting it to be just a cutscene. There will be some gameplay involved in bringing her back to the realm of light.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Aqua and Ven are essential members of the Guardians of Light. Aqua is needed to get Ven. Ergo we will most likely see the Realm of Darkness in some form.

Whether is it only in a cutscene of saving Aqua or an entire world is debatable.

I mean, what else is there to do in the Realm besides finding Aqua (and Ansem)? If the plot only focuses on that then it may just be included as a cutscene in my opinion. There's no need to make an entire level just to go and save two people and never return.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Aqua and Ven are essential members of the Guardians of Light. Aqua is needed to get Ven. Ergo we will most likely see the Realm of Darkness in some form.

Whether is it only in a cutscene of saving Aqua or an entire world is debatable.

I mean, what else is there to do in the Realm besides finding Aqua (and Ansem)? If the plot only focuses on that then it may just be included as a cutscene in my opinion. There's no need to make an entire level just to go and save two people and never return.

That is unless they can't pin point Aqua's location exactly since she seems to be always moving so it takes a while to find her. "Hunter of the Dark" boss battle anyone? We only had that in FM.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
the third option here is it's not an entire world, but a challenge. Kind of Like the last bit of gameplay in DDD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thought that playing in the Realm of Darkness would be a given at this point.

Ranko

If we do go into the Realm of Darkness in Kingdom Hearts 3 do you think we'll explore some Disney world that was sent there? Like how Aqua found Castle of Dreams.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Either the Disney worlds that were in the Realm of Darkness were restored to the Realm of Light or made it half way(i.e. the Realm of Sleep) at the end of the first game.

They've made it clear there are no more Disney worlds in the Realm of Darkness, which sure is a disappointment, especially after the Castle of Dreams.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
However, I'm sure with the brief foray into the Realm given to us with BBSFM was but a hint of what's to come. :3

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
before we can save ven, and most likely terra, we need to save aqua.

i can see her being saved more earlier in the game than later, and possibly having her as a party member

State

Awards
We need to rescue Aqua, so that consists of entering the RoD. Of course, there shouldn't be any worlds inside it by now, so what we'll be traversing are areas natural to it, meaning we might go through zones were She did in BbS FM, and who's to say we won't encounter another of that dark beast She confronted?

Roro

Awards
I love the thought of a RoD world for KH3, especially since it was only exclusive to BBS's final mix, I hope they don't just use it as a cutscene world, if they do use it as a gameplay world, I hope it retains its original exploring and battle music, or something similar. I assume it will be a world, seeing as Aqua isn't going to save herself(or maybe she will?) either way a tutorial world where she's trying to get out, or a full fledged world where you go and save her, I feel like the RoD has to be in KH3.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
We need to rescue Aqua, so that consists of entering the RoD. Of course, there shouldn't be any worlds inside it by now, so what we'll be traversing are areas natural to it, meaning we might go through zones were She did in BbS FM, and who's to say we won't encounter another of that dark beast She confronted?

any particular reason you capitalized she? I don't think Aqua's some sort of deity, so there's no need for that.

that said, yeah, i'd like to face another hunter of the dark :3

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Aqua may just be save in a cutscene. Or maybe just have a few small areas that we can travel to, where we fight some heartless or whatever and then find her. But a whole world doesn't seem very likely because it's so barren. It'd be pretty boring. Maybe something the size of the Keyblade Graveyard?

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I would love to get the chance to play in the RoD. I personally do not see them making Aqua's rescue just a cutscene unless she manages to rescue herself somehow. I could see traveling through the areas it showed Aqua in BBSFM as a possibility if they have to track her down.

Zul

Awards
Eh, just having her show up in the RoL in a cutscene with it being stated "Riku picked her up" seems to be a shoddy way to go about it, considering the last we heard of her is shedding a tear saying Sora's name. I want to see the look on her face when help finally comes from the outside.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
^That and Sora saving everyone is sort of a personal job because he "is who he is" because of the people who are expecting him to save them. It's his mission that he save everyone of those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back