• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D World Logo Confusion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

Okay, normally I wouldn't take special note of it, but since Nomura specifically mentioned it, it was worth investigating, and now I'm lost. In the KH3D Ultimania, Nomura mentions that the timing of the world logos in each world is specific to its place between reality and dream. I've gone through and timed them, but they don't make since. Here I mention whose logo takes longer in each world:

1. Traverse Town: (Sora < Riku)
2. La Cite de Cloches: (Sora < Riku)
3. The Grid: (Sora < Riku)
4. Prankster's Paradise: (Sora > Riku)
5. Country of Musketeers: (Sora > Riku)
6. Symphony of Sorcery: (Sora > Riku)
7. TWTNW: (Sora < Riku)

Personally I think 2 & 3 should switch spots, but that's another discussion. I don't understand what the pattern means, or what it has to do with Riku being in Sora's head, or anything at all!?!? Especially since Yen Sid's Tower isn't a sleeping World. So much confusion...

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This is a head scratcher. At first I thought it had something to do with which is closer to the movies, but it doesn't make sense when you look at ththem and then I thought it was about the dreams, but since things take longer in a dream, that makes no sense either.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To clear up things, Nomura never spoke of every world but only The World that never was.

That's what you get when not reading the interview correctly:

Nomura said:
— I want to ask more about the World That Never Was. Is that world a part of reality? Or is also a world of sleep?
Nomura: When that world’s logo appears, it indicates the boundary between the dream and reality. When Sora arrives, it’s reality and then goes into a world of sleep. Riku arrives in the sleeping world, and as you progress and the world logo appears, that’s when it becomes reality.

Here, Nomura speaks about that when Sora arrives first it is the real TWTNW (where he speaks with Xigbar) and once Young Xehanort does the "We'll go together"-speech it goes into the sleeping part.

Riku first is in the sleeping world of Sora's dream and after he defeats Ansem SoD he arrives in the TWNTW of reality.

Monkey D. Rocky

To clear up things, Nomura never spoke of every world but only The World that never was.

That's what you get when not reading the interview correctly:

Here, Nomura speaks about that when Sora arrives first it is the real TWTNW (where he speaks with Xigbar) and once Young Xehanort does the "We'll go together"-speech it goes into the sleeping part.

Riku first is in the sleeping world of Sora's dream and after he defeats Ansem SoD he arrives in the TWNTW of reality.
I was always confused on why the logo appears at the end of Riku's story in TWTNW. Thanks Seph!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back