• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Famitsu Information + KH3D In 3/22 Issue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: KH3D Famitsu Information!

MORE SOBBING

Famitsu%20CG%20RAX.jpg

I'm so torn between being really happy about this CGI opening and how much I dislike the clay look of it. Regardless, Xion looks gorgeous in the bottom right picture.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

The Dream Eaters are so kiddy and girly. I know it is a kids game, but I will be a bit emberassed when my friends see those teddy bears and unicorns.

On topic, the clock tower scene looks beautiful there!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

*starts to sing Jesse McCartney's "Beautiful Soul"*

Just imagine Roxas singing this to Xion. k bye~
ily Jesse I love you <3
The Dream Eaters are so kiddy and girly. I know it is a kids game, but I will be a bit emberassed when my friends see those teddy bears and unicorns.
Don't add any to your party then? Fight solo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

...I feel like you're the one that started that topic about DDD being pink and that is embarrassing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

B-but! Unicorns are awesome! ;A;

I agree on the teddy bear bit though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The lighting. Also, they look like clay because it's a 3DS game. I'm amazed the 3DS will be able handle this.

They look like clay to fit the style and theme. The video as usual is pre-rendered, so it's no problem at all for the 3DS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd like to point out that it was said this is some of Visual Works' best work yet. Just goes to show that realism doesn't always mean it is the best.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

...I feel like you're the one that started that topic about DDD being pink and that is embarrassing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I didn't start that. I hardly ever start topics.

I think unicorns can be awesome, too, but these models are multicolored and extremely cartoonish looking. Y'know?

That 3DS comment was sarcastic, don't want a fanboy war in here.

The clay look will be cooler in motion

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I'd like to point out that it was said this is some of Visual Works' best work yet. Just goes to show that realism doesn't always mean it is the best.
Defiantly. I feel like this "clay" CG fits with the art style of KH more than the realistic approach. Still that Versus CG still blows my mind.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I agree that realism=/=better, but I still can't help but find the doll like quality of the characters kind of creepy, but that's a personal beef.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I didn't start that. I hardly ever start topics.

I think unicorns can be awesome, too, but these models are multicolored and extremely cartoonish looking. Y'know?

Dreams are stereotypically rainbow~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Haha, no I find it creepy too. The glossiness is a bit jarring but at times it seems really nice. At the same time I want somebody to go through and put another layer of textures on everything xD I think it's mostly because we've become accustomed to the "realism" that has seemed to encompass the video game industry. I figure in a few years we'll hit the ceiling of realism and go back to more stylistic work (like how this game is with the prerendered work and how a lot of games seem to be leaning towards)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I think it looks very fluid in motion. like some anime use fluidity over realisim.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I'm not saying they should've designed them differently. The game is about dreams and they are trying to convey that, it's just not my favorite look.

Personally, my dreams don't have a focus on color. They should add a nod to LSD: Dream Emulator in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back