• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 PS4 bundle (sorry if already discussed/posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbielans

I'm just curious on everyone's thoughts about the company doing a possible bundle with PS4. Do you think they will have a KH3 PS4 bundle? I just don't know when to buy stuff. Wasn't sure if I should pre-order the game and when I should buy a PS4. Will the PS4 price go down around the time KH3 is released (December 31st - I believe)? Thanks!

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I do hope there's a special PS4 and Xbox One bundle with Kingdom Hearts 3, but I also find it a bit unlikely (since the cost would be up, it might no sell the expected amount for consoles etc.). If anything, the game could be sold with a normal black PS4.

The Playstation 4 has been out for a year and a half and it hasn't had a price cut yet, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is still a little ways away so the console should go down in price (although the release date is not December 31st).

Badger

I'm not sure how likely that is, but I'm all for it! Especially if it's a special ps4, since I'll have to buy one anyway.

Haha, I remember when I bought a ps3 thinking, well I'm gonna need it for KH3 anyway. Haha, I was so naive.

cbielans

I'm going straight from PS2 to PS4. I'm waiting on getting a PS4 to see if the price decreases at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm going straight from PS2 to PS4. I'm waiting on getting a PS4 to see if the price decreases at all.

Atta girl. keep an eye out for them limited editions and bundles.

χ-Blade Master

Seeing as BBS for the PSP and DDD for the 3DS both launched with special editions of their respective systems it wouldn't be too far fetched for Square Enix to do something similar for the PS4/XBO.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
also considering they released one for type-0, it'd be a hella decision to make a SE console, albeit one that'll only see release in JP.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
χ-Blade Master;6260414 said:
Seeing as BBS for the PSP and DDD for the 3DS both launched with special editions of their respective systems it wouldn't be too far fetched for Square Enix to do something similar for the PS4/XBO.
Yeah but that was Japan only. I believe we've yet to see a proper console bundle for Kingdom Hearts in the west.

Unclear_Motive

I don't want to sound negative, but personally I don't see that happening. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game series, but I don't think it's that big (popularity-wise) around the world to deem a console bundle. I could maybe see one happening in Japan, but I'm not so sure in the West...Let's hope I am wrong though!

As far as what you should do about buying a console now or waiting, I would say just wait unless there is a game you are wanting to play on the PS4 before KH3 releases. I don't see the PS4 dropping in price in the next year, but I could see it happening before KH3 is released.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah but that was Japan only. I believe we've yet to see a proper console bundle for Kingdom Hearts in the west.

U should've seen it. when i got that mystic white bbs psp bundle and preorder stickers from GS, it sure as hell felt like we did.

on another note this is true. most NA fans are more comfortable with having properties like halo or batman decorating their den but hopefully square has collected enough data that shows there is supply and demand for it.

Rael_Oblivion

That's exactly what I'm doing too. There have been times when I've been tempted to get a ps3, but my poor wallet keeps me from buying one. I doubt they would do a bundle, even though it would be awesome. We were lucky enough to get 1.5 and 2.5 for the ps3, since I thought the final mixes would be Japan exclusive forever.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I love me some merchandise threads! YAY!!! Okay, so based on what I believe:

I don't want to sound negative, but personally I don't see that happening. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game series, but I don't think it's that big (popularity-wise) around the world to deem a console bundle. I could maybe see one happening in Japan, but I'm not so sure in the West...Let's hope I am wrong though!

I think this is true. I am pretty sure there WILL be a limited edition Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 but it will only be released in Japan, in fact, I'm almost 100% sure it will only be released in Japan. The PS4 is getting a bunch of limited edition versions from Final Fantasy Type-0, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy XIV, Destiny, Batman, The Last of Us, to even Frozen (the Disney movie, not even a video game).

If you see, SE has made already a lot of LE PS4s, with Kingdom Hearts 3 blowing all of those games out of the water in terms of popularity. If KH3 doesn't get a PS4, I will honestly be shocked and pretty upset since I whole-heartedly expect one (maybe I'm setting myself up for failure?).

Sadly, I also expect it to be a Japan-exclusive, it's kind of what SE does, make LE systems that are only for Japan (they've sometimes gone outside, but rarely). Good thing is the PS4 IS region-free and while importing will cost a lot more, I haven't bought a PS4 yet because I plan on importing that KH PS4 when, or if, it does happen.

χ-Blade Master;6260414 said:

There have been 4 limited edition Kingdom Hearts systems to date:

GBA SP - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
DSi - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
PSP - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
3DS - Kingdom Hearts 3D

If you notice the trend, they are all handheld consoles but there has never been an LE home console for KH...let's up KH3 is the first.

JonJon

Pro tips:

1. If a release date only exists on online retailers: It's a placeholder.
2. If it falls on a last day of a month, season, or year: It's a placeholder.
3. If it falls on any day of the week other than Tuesday (Friday in the case of Nintendo games): It's a placeholder.

Now that I got that out of the way, I really hope that they have a console bundle, but only if it also comes with whatever collector's edition they also have. I am a sucker for limited edition consoles, and I'd love to have one for KH3. I always believe the more they offer the better. I was so disappointed when it looked like KH 2.5 wouldn't have a collector's edition here in NA, and was ecstatic when they finally announced one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back