• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kh2 on ps3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sacred_wolf

i was thinking of selling my ps2 and getting a ps3 and i want to know if kh2 will work on the ps3 80gb model. can anybody help me please?

Water Dancer

careful though. some other ps2 games might not work on the PS3 and plus youll need to buy a memory card adapter so u can transfer your save data's to the PS3

sacred_wolf

thanks for your help now i just gotta save up the money to buy the ps3. so far ive saved up 135$. man i don think ill ever get the money! thanks again!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Actually not anymore, starting in August/September the 80GB models of the PS3 will have all PS2 backwards compatibility removed, they will not be able to play any PS2 games.

Dexel

Beyond hope
Actually not anymore, starting in August/September the 80GB models of the PS3 will have all PS2 backwards compatibility removed, they will not be able to play any PS2 games.

****. So I can't play past MGS games on a PS3? D:

But then MGS4 is on the PS3.

Well, new problem on my hands now.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I dont see why they would remove the backwards compatibility. Well even if you were to sell your PS2, I guess you probably wouldnt get that much money for it anyway. I say, save your money and dont get rid of your ps2 if you want to play KH or other ps2 games.

Demian Chrisanti

WHAT
*googles it*

D: Oh

That's for a new 80 GB model, current ones still have backwards compatibility and won't lose it.
Blegh D: that's just a stupid move, but i assume it's to reduce costs.

If you want to play PS2 games then hurry up or just buy a used 80GB PS3 with backwards compatibility.

Lexeon

Why would Sony remove the ability to play PS2 games? That just makes it a better reason to keep your PS2 and not buy a PS3...unless you wanted to pay like $50-$60 to play new games that come out.

ShadowXIII

I dont see why they would remove the backwards compatibility. Well even if you were to sell your PS2, I guess you probably wouldnt get that much money for it anyway. I say, save your money and dont get rid of your ps2 if you want to play KH or other ps2 games.

1. They are behind in sales, so decreasing the price may help them, but they don't want to spend money that will take longer to make back by adding the tech for bc.
2. Games are still comming out of the PS2. So lets just say you didn't hear the news. You go sell your ps2, thinking the ps3 has bc. you find out it doesnt, so now you have to buy another ps2 with the ps3.

i luckely have a ps3 with bc, and kingdom hearts works well on mine.

Macabre

Gold Member
It will work on the old 80GB version,so buy that if you can but you'll run into a problem that will stop you from being able to complete the game.

KH2 has an unavoidable glitch when played on a PS3 that makes the Hostile Program boss of Space Paranoids invincible and so,it cannot be damaged,meaning the fight cannot be finished.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Phew.
I looked at this first thinking you'd say something like a KH2 remake on the PS3.
But no, it ain't.

KH2 should definately work on the 80Gb model. I know that all the higher-grade models have better compatability with Ps2 games, or something like that.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
If I do get a PS3, I should refer back to this thread...but then I think I would probably be too late on this one. XD

Moon_Haze18

I know for sure that both KH 1 and 2 work on the PS3, because I beat them both on PS2 and then on PS3. Now, of course, you need to create an internal memory card to read a "Playstation 2 format disk", because it simply won't save onto the PS3 hard drive, which is an entirely different format of save data. But, as for any of the Final Mixes, you definitely need either a Japanese PS2 (what I'm doing), get swap magic (tricky on account that it may cause glitches), or a Japanese PS3. I recommend the Japanese PS2, because, it's the safest option, and a Japanese PS3 is just fruitless. Japanese PS2 games are coded especially for Japanese systems, and therefore need a Japanese PS2 to work with, but all PS3 are coded the same, so their games work with our systems and vice versa. Take this extra, relatively irrelevant information and make good use, my friend!

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Every new 80 GB PS3 model will have no backwards compatibility. I sugges buying used one with Backwards Compatibility, or keeping your PS2. Or just get a PSP, its exactly like the PS3, except portable. It has the same icons and menus as the PS3.

Shade737

Silver Member
I recently bought and beat both of the KH games on my 80 gb ps3 with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back