• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 FM+ possibly Greatist hits?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteHawk

If KH2 FM+ were to come to the US, do you think it would be in the form of a greatest hits budget version? To me it kinda fits in the right time frame if it were to be released here, and its not all that unthinkable since there have been numerous Greatest hits games that offer more content than the original. What do you guys think?

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Yar, hopefully we'll get a stateside release confirmation from Square very soon.

I'm getting impatient. ;---;

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I bet you it will be $69.99 though, D:

If you think about it, not everyone will buy FM+

the only people that WILL are fans. Remember, KH1 and KH2 appealled to all video gamers wanting to try out the series. Not only will FM+ be harder, but a lot of people will be turned off by FM+ thinking it's just a "scam to get people to buy the game over again" and "it's just kh2 with some unneeded stuff". Square will only make money from the hardcore fans, like us. Which there aren't enough of.

D

Dexter

The people on this site are hardcore right? No but really I have a few friends who got hooked on kh after playing the 2nd. An I told them about FM+ and they got excited. So lets put it like this if you like the game your gonna buy anything that deals with the game. Oh and MGS 3 Subsitince proved to be a smash hit, dont you think? It got alot of sales and people were very satisfied.

KHluver

I suppose we can't really rule this out as a possibility, though I can't see it being released as a budget title (as much as I'd like to believe it :/). I don't think Square would sell an upgraded version of KH2 and a *technically* totally new game along with it for only $20.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Well, those people are dumb-dumbs.

With KH2, most that bought were (probably) saying "Eh, could have been better".

From what we've heard, FM+ will be the TRUE KH2. Meaning fans screaming "YAY!"

SE + Money = Happy

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
just a "money scam"

That's what my brother thinks... "just another way for Enix to make money."

It works ^^

I don't think KH2FM+ will be a greatest hits for two reasons:

1. It's freakin' $70 (I'm not sure if that's the actual price, I just know it's gunna be expensive)
2. The game itself will be new. I know it's basically KH2, but it has new stuff in it.

Then again, it could be a greatest hits because Devil May Cry 3; Special Edition was.

. . .

Not sure xD

Edit: I found a site where you can preorder the Japanese version of KH2FM, and it's $82 Canadian, $70 American. Link here.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
If KH2 FM+ were to come to the US, do you think it would be in the form of a greatest hits budget version? To me it kinda fits in the right time frame if it were to be released here, and its not all that unthinkable since there have been numerous Greatest hits games that offer more content than the original. What do you guys think?

it's possible. if i remember right, when Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition came out, it was initially placed on the greatest hits list.

also, even though Metal Gear Solid 3 hasn't been put on greatest hits yet, it is still true that when Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence came out, it put on the shelves for the same reduced price that the regular version of Metal Gear Solid 3 had obtained over it's time in stores.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
With KH2, most that bought were (probably) saying "Eh, could have been better".

Well the thing is, people bought KH2 because either
1.) They own KH1 and want to know what happens
2.) Like action/RPG's and heard this one was gonna be good
3.) Own a PS2 and want a good game.

Now, if FM+ comes out:
1.) People with KH2 who aren't major fans, or haven't looked into this, will think it's a money-scam to sell more copies, and well look bitterly at the game.
2.) Majority of people will think there's no difference between the two copies, and will wonder why they can't just pay $20 for KH2 instead of say, $70 for FM+.
3.) People in the US have never been introduced to FM before, so when they see this, they will just think they can play the same thing for $20, and might hold a grudge against SE.

The others, which are
4.) Hardcore fans who have looked into the game, and are interested in buying

will be the only customer population left to sell to. Which isn't very high.

Well the thing is, people bought KH2 because either
1.) They own KH1 and want to know what happens
2.) Like action/RPG's and heard this one was gonna be good
3.) Own a PS2 and want a good game.

Now, if FM+ comes out:
1.) People with KH2 who aren't major fans, or haven't looked into this, will think it's a money-scam to sell more copies, and well look bitterly at the game.
2.) Majority of people will think there's no difference between the two copies, and will wonder why they can't just pay $20 for KH2 instead of say, $70 for FM+.
3.) People in the US have never been introduced to FM before, so when they see this, they will just think they can play the same thing for $20, and might hold a grudge against SE.

The others, which are
4.) Hardcore fans who have looked into the game, and are interested in buying

will be the only customer population left to sell to. Which isn't very high.

but how many of said fans will be able to import it...Not all have Paypal acct's... This is of course assuming its a Japan only release..

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
but how many of said fans will be able to import it...Not all have Paypal acct's... This is of course assuming its a Japan only release..

I mean if it comes here, there won't be TOO much money, because the only people who care enough to research this game or want to buy KH2 all over again are obsessed fans, which is only about half of the population of people who bought KH2 in the first place.

Like everyone I know has KH2, but alot of them never bought KH1, nor care much about the series.

They won't be the same people to buy FM+, I will.

D

Dexter

Well square should at least try. I mean if FM+ dosn't sell good then SE would make sure to just release future FM just to JP. But SE should at least try! Also games like MGS Subsitince, and DMC 3 Special Edtion sold preaty well. ^^^

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
rpg is right though, they should at least try.

However, they will probably only make the bulk of their money off of hardcore fans, but they will STILL make money.

And it's not that hard, they already have FM+ shipping with English voices (they probably got Hayley and them to voice the extra cutscenes) so the only part they would need to dub would be CoM, which actually ONLY has audible cutscenes inbetween the Castle Oblivion floors.

I doubt it would be too hard to localize =/

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Since the PS2 is an old gen system and KH2 has not become a greatest hit yet, FM+ has a shot of being the KH2 greatest hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back