• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 'X' Set Back because of FF13?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyrt

Website
www.myspace.com
~Article from latest GAME INFORMER Magazine~

We're all wondering what Final Fantasy XIII is going to be like when we finally get it in our hands - which may be later rather than sooner. Word is that the game's a mess right now, and the localization process itself is expected to take a full YEAR. This is about three months longer than usual. Seeing as how the game likely won't come out in Japan until the end of next year (Dec '08) at the earliest, it looks like we're in for a LONG wait.

-end article-

So, this may mean that the Kingdom Hearts project may not even be touched until after Final Fantasy XIII comes out here in the U.S. Nomura said that he wasn't taking on the Kingdom Hearts project until after he finishes Final Fantasy XIII. If this includes the U.S. localization, then we may not see the Kingdom Hearts 'X' project getting any progress until late 2009 (when FF13 will supposedly come out in U.S.), or early 2010. So, expect about 2 or 3 years to make the game since it is only mobile, put aside 6 months for set backs, and give at most another year for localization. Then, we might actually see our Kingdom Hearts 'X' hit the shelves in 2014. 7 YEARS??? :cursing:

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Meh, I wouln't say it'd be that long. And hey, this might be for the better. This might guarantee that the game will be better, what with all the experience Nomura is getting will all these projects he's involved in.

Awards
My bet is on PS3. Nomura said that there were things about the FF vs XIII battle system that he got from KH and, on the other hand, that he would like to have some things form FF vs XIII in the next KH (PS3 material). Nomura is clearly excited about the PS3 and it's the console that makes most sense in my opinion. He goes into detail about how he'll need a high powered engine to fit the power of the keyblade war.

Anyway, we'll be getting the side-story in the mean time, right?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
My bet is on PS3. Nomura said that there were things about the FF vs XIII battle system that he got from KH and, on the other hand, that he would like to have some things form FF vs XIII in the next KH (PS3 material). Nomura is clearly excited about the PS3 and it's the console that makes most sense in my opinion. He goes into detail about how he'll need a high powered engine to fit the power of the keyblade war.

Anyway, we'll be getting the side-story in the mean time, right?

He said the next game(side-story/prequel) will probably be on handheld, I think. He said he hadn't decided which one he wanted...

PS3 makes sense, I suppose...

.Oji

赤いテキスト
It might be even longer.

Along with FF13, he's also working on FFv13 { I'm sure you guys already know this abbreviation }. If I were to guess the release date for KH X.... I'll say approximately 8.5 years.

Then again, I'm sure they can straighten out their shcedules somehow so they can work on KH X earlier the expected. I sure hope so...

neon6

if it does take that long it's gonna suck

I know what you mean. Same thing happened to Sonic 2006. Wait one year. Receive CRAP. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. For the love of christ, I really hope this doesn't happen to KH.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
wow how does this keep coming up? Do any of you ever actually visit the KHI homepage? It had like 3 headlines about it and how KHX does NOT exist an dthat after FFXIII vs, nomu is done with final fantasy and will work on the KH series

V

V.A.T.13

It might be even longer.

Along with FF13, he's also working on FFv13 { I'm sure you guys already know this abbreviation }. If I were to guess the release date for KH X.... I'll say approximately 8.5 years.

Then again, I'm sure they can straighten out their shcedules somehow so they can work on KH X earlier the expected. I sure hope so...

I thought Nomu only does the character designs for ff13...If so, that should'nt take long at all

KH3, X or w/e you guys call it, I say yea, around 5 or 6 yrs. The next handheld thing should be like 2 or 3 yrs...

...OMG SUBARASHI ETC. IS OUT! DX (Kyaa!)

V

V.A.T.13

^ ...I dont think they're gonna have a new handheld within the next 2 or 3 yrs....o_o;;
PSP is still fairly new...

.Oji

赤いテキスト
I thought Nomu only does the character designs for ff13...If so, that should'nt take long at all

KH3, X or w/e you guys call it, I say yea, around 5 or 6 yrs. The next handheld thing should be like 2 or 3 yrs...

...OMG SUBARASHI ETC. IS OUT! DX (Kyaa!)

Maybe, to tell you the truth... I'm not sure what Nomu is doing ( I know about character design, but who knows... he might be doing something else this time around ). I personally don't have a problem with waiting. You can't rush perfection =3. I was exaggerating alittle when I said 8.5 years... that's toture.

If I ever do become impatient, I can always play FFv13 when it's available. That game looks awesome so far.

Riku74

I would think kh3 maximum 6 years minimun 3? I mean I am pretty sure it wont take that long. If so then he will probably come up with something inbetween the next game like he did with cahin of memories inbetween kh1 and kh2. Although it might take longer if he decides to make it on a different system like what Khlova said the new PSP Slim is coming out in September with a game for $200. Who knows though so I guess we will just have to wait.

kameron92009

I'm going to have to say PS3. I think that there is going to be a seperate game for the handheld (DS) but the Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade Wars will be for PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back