• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Main Theme

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What should be the Main Theme of KH

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal_Key

This is a "just-wondering" kind of thing. What do you think should be the main theme of the KH series?

You know how the FF Series has the main theme of the first game as the theme of the series, but it also has the crystal theme, which is even in Namine's theme.

So do you think?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
im in a split in between dearly beloved and hikairi. I chose dearly beloved because i think it is the main theme for kingdom hearts.... it was in all of the games so far....

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Almost definitely Dearly Beloved, since, like everyone said, it's in all the games. Although I think Hikari has come to represent 'light' in the games, because of the name and because it was played when Sora opened the door to light at the end of KH2.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
This is not even open for debate, so I'm wondering why you're asking.

You have a main theme and you have a theme song.

A main theme is a musical score that is present in every part of a franchise.
A theme song is a musical score that is present in a particular part of a franchise, symbolising that specific story.

KH1 and CoM both had Hikari because they both represented the same story, basically.
KH2 had Passion as a theme song because it was a whole new story.

Dearly Beloved represents all the games, whereas the other ones are just for certain parts.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
KH1 and CoM both had Hikari because they both represented the same story, basically.

The only similarities between the KH1 and COM stories are the Disney ones, and even then the significance of their plots differ in that Namine has manipulated them in order to give Sora a warning. Maybe Hikari was used to signify Kairi as the light in Sora's heart in KH1, while it is used in COM to signify Namine and Mickey as the light in Sora and Riku's hearts respectively.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
The only similarities between the KH1 and COM stories are the Disney ones, and even then the significance of their plots differ in that Namine has manipulated them in order to give Sora a warning. Maybe Hikari was used to signify Kairi as the light in Sora's heart in KH1, while it is used in COM to signify Namine and Mickey as the light in Sora and Riku's hearts respectively.
COM was a collection of memories of Sora from KH1, shuffled and recreated. Basically it's very similar to KH1. Most KH1 worlds are in COM, and for a reason.

Also, COM was a spinoff that was developed to please the especially young fans that were psyched for a KH game on the handheld, stated by Nomura himself, who was surprised to see young kids begging him for a handheld version.

KH2 was an actual new chapter in the series.

I think BBS will be the only one of the three new spinoffs that will get its own original theme song, because both 358/2 Days and Coded are quite similar in the sense of worlds/story as the other games.

BBS on the other hand is a completely different chapter, an actual prequel.

Fenblivion

Coming from a future music education major, i would say that dearly beloved is the best. looking within the scores, Dearly Beloved may be the simplest piece, but i think that is why it's so attracting. Simplicity can be grand if performed correctly.

(off-topic) As for my favorite piece in the series, it is definately the hollow bastion theme (such a great composition in 5/8 time. ^_^)

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
hikari is hands down the best instrumental piece in the entire soundtrack in my opinion. while i agree that dearly beloved has its claim to the title screen, i don't like it much otherwises because it's kind of dull. passion, while good, is a let down compared to hikari. destati only fits in certain parts like dive to the heart. other than those, the only orchestral piece that strikes a chord with me is organization xiii and fate of the unknown (the song to the final mix+ secret ending).

Papou

I think it's Dearly Beloved. It's a simple and beautiful bit of music and it has been integrated into a few other songs that are heard throughout the series, like Always On My Mind and Friends in My Heart.

Between the different vocal pieces Passion fits the best with KH because of the lyrics and the tone of the song.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
Between the different vocal pieces Passion fits the best with KH because of the lyrics and the tone of the song.

ahh but we're not talking about vocal pieces are we haha ;). but yes i agree Passion is a better vocal piece than Hikari, but the orchestral version is pale in comparision to Hikari unfortunately.

Papou

ahh but we're not talking about vocal pieces are we haha ;). but yes i agree Passion is a better vocal piece than Hikari, but the orchestral version is pale in comparision to Hikari unfortunately.
Yeah, for the Orchestral versions, Hikari is much better. The tune in Passion doesn't transfer very well into the orchestral version. There are some nice bits and pieces, but Hikari is strong through the whole song.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
why choose songs already out? would usually utada would make a new one for a game?

hmm....this thread is pointless

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
why choose songs already out? would usually utada would make a new one for a game?

hmm....this thread is pointless

I guess it should be something new!

the point that the original poster was trying to make is what is the main theme for the series or what should be, something that encompasses the whole point of the series. they just made it into a poll.

and how can we talk about something that isnt out yet?

H

Haxon

the main theme IS dearly beloved.

its played at the menu of all of the games, only in different versions.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
If you take Dearly Beloved out of Kingdom Hearts, it wouldn't be the same. Its like replacing Sephiroth's One-Winged Angel song, you just simply can't do that.

KingdomHeartz93

destati is too underappreciated
that is the underlying song to the whole game

thats y u only hear it at the beginning of the game
it outlines the rest of the game

VOTE DESTATI
DESTATI FTW
WOOT DESTATI
DESTATI RULEZ
k im done

Last edited:
Status