• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH lecture in a convention - help wanted

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As the topic says.
Comes March 20th I'll be giving a lecture in a local anime-manga convention. The current convention has the theme of video games and the Japanese Gaming Scene, and as I already gave a KH related lecture in a past convention they labeled me as half an expert and would like for me to give a lecture relevant to the con's theme.

The default topic is "KH - how gay can you get".

It's up to you people to help me find a better topic.

You got like a week tops since I'll have to work on it.
GO!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Hmm....

I'd LOVE if you did a lecture on SoNami (even though I know I'd never get to see it ;~;) and how the memory worlds in CoM foreshadow the truth waiting Sora and what not. Didn't you suggest that perhaps Namine was warning Sora through the memory versions of his various friends?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I did indeed suggest that and in fact, already covered it in my Kairi vs. Namine lecture in the SoNami part. I raised some 'problems' with the relationship, one being they didn't interact until late in the game, and then showed that Namine was warning Sora all throughout the game, and how Sora responded.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hmmm....

Maybe you could compare and contrast the various main trios of the game and analyze the depth of their supposed friendship?

*can't think very well on an empty stomach* ;w;

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
As the topic says.
Comes March 20th I'll be giving a lecture in a local anime-manga convention. The current convention has the theme of video games and the Japanese Gaming Scene, and as I already gave a KH related lecture in a past convention they labeled me as half an expert and would like for me to give a lecture relevant to the con's theme.

It's up to you people to help me find a better topic.

You got like a week tops since I'll have to work on it.
GO!

you giving a lecture? and on kingdom hearts

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
you giving a lecture? and on kingdom hearts

This in fact will be my third lecture in a local anime convention (part of why I managed to get in without giving a demonstration, lol, they all know me) and my second KH lecture.

Ah, that first lecture. "I used to not mind Kairi, now I do". I slept well that night =w=

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
How Xehanort, despite all odds, is actually a good person in his reasonings, compared to Sora.

Sora kills all these "Disney Villans" just because he doesn't understand the grand scheme of things. In reality, Xehanort was just trying to save everyone the problem of Sora going on a literal murder spree of everything affiliated with "Darkness," simply due to the fact the adorable little guy just thinks he's "in the Light."

One could also go into detail on how Xehanort was just wanting some help via Terra, and Aqua screwed up all of his plans, afflicted by the same hookah Sora was later. And there's really only one person to blame anyway -

ERAQUS/theLightiseverythingPWNthisDarkness!

*Ahem* Advocating Xehanort, though I think you might lose some people in the audience due to the nature of KH and its constant plot twists and themes.

After all, I don't recall Xehanort personally going out and just killing someone, unlike a certain spiky, brown-haired kid who thinks he's just out to save the Worlds and kick ass. .

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I might have to make myself clear.
We're talking a bunch of people who actually left their homes, most likely dressed up funny, and are in a place filled with other people.
I don't think THAT kind of a psychological plot analysis is the way to go if I want to keep ANY audience.

Also, I wholly disagree with your idea.

Thanks for trying though :I but you gotta know your audience, kid.
NEXT!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I like what Sign suggested; you could discuss the correlation between the trios/the differences. Discussing Xehanort like The Professor said would also be intriguing edit: (just discussing the character and his forms). You could do a lecture on the Light/Dark aspects of the series and how things aren't really that "black and white". I would definitely go listen to any of those discussions.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I might have to make myself clear.
We're talking a bunch of people who actually left their homes, most likely dressed up funny, and are in a place filled with other people.
I don't think THAT kind of a psychological plot analysis is the way to go if I want to keep ANY audience.

Also, I wholly disagree with your idea.

Thanks for trying though :I but you gotta know your audience, kid.
NEXT!

Q____________________________________________________________________________________________________________Q

Could just lecture on the object that is Kingdom Hearts, instead of the game itself.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Idk, try something discussing all the new trailers and MF having time travel implications, and how that could help or hurt the series and its already confusing plot

lol

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Idk, try something discussing all the new trailers and MF having time travel implications, and how that could help or hurt the series and its already confusing plot

Dude, I'm not lecturing for KHI members. I'm lecturing a bunch of kids cosplaying badly as Sora and AkuRoku. I need to keep it not only a bit more down to earth but also kind of up to date. If I do go with the trio format, hell, I'm not sure how much the audience will care about RAX and TAV.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
You could try stating your overall opinion regarding the direction of the series, whatever it may be. Like, going from searching the worlds for your friends to killing your 5th clone who can kill you just by staring at you.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I actually was drafting up a Trio lecture so I giggled a lot when Sign posted it xD;;;
But it's a draft so if I see anything more worthwhile and will have enough time, I'll switch.
Damn Smile, you are on the ball. xD

Dude, I'm not lecturing for KHI members. I'm lecturing a bunch of kids cosplaying badly as Sora and AkuRoku. I need to keep it not only a bit more down to earth but also kind of up to date. If I do go with the trio format, hell, I'm not sure how much the audience will care about RAX and TAV.
Speaking as someone who has gone to a convention filled with crappy KH cosplayers, they REALLY care about RAX. It's disturbing the amount of RAX cosplayers I've seen. Also, now that BBS is out I'm convinced I'll see ridiculously bad TAV cosplays at the convention I go to. I'm not saying their level of understanding is high, I'm just saying that they generally eat up the trios and new characters.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If there are really so many people which are rabid fans of characters such as Roxas or Axel etc. you maybe could go into showing off a bit the possibilities of these characters to return to the series.
Keyword "Birth by sleep" and the "second chance/new beginning" for a bunch of characters as hinted by Ansem the Wise in Blank Points.

Again, it would also depend on if the audience is already "up to BBS" or still on KH II/Days-level.

Just a suggestion, *ggg*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back