• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH III Past or Future?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHfreakfan

correction it is the armor of the enigmatic solider who he ressurects in KHFM

Last edited:

KHfreakfan

I would just like the say that the armor that Xemna's calls "old friend" is in fact the armor and keyblade of the woman soldier.

the keyblade is different but it is the same armor he is ressurected so that you can then fight him later in the game

Red

Illinois of USA Graphics Clan: Strawberry Shortcak
If you listen in to the old lady talking in KH1 at the beginning (i think its kairis grandma) but she says that the past has a knack of repeating itself in ways that many can't belive or something like that. I think she also states that it can happen in the past or future. I may be completely wrong but I remember a guy making a huge report on it and stuff.

KHfreakfan

i dunno Im really not set one way or the other (although my current theory uses the past) I just started this thread for speculation to see what other people thought

Sparafucile

I believe it is in the past. However, I don't believe that the BHS is Roxas. Rather, I think that he is either: 1) Sora's Father, or 2) Sora's Father's Nobody. There must be some family resemblance, don't ya think? :)

Darkwielder45

hmmm i gotta admitt that is a pretty good threory i thought the same thing about sora's father....maybe his father to was a keyblade wielder...I like to think that BHS is actually roxas but not a nobody...i mean...what if nobody's like Xemnas, Xigbar or even Roxas had their own bodies and were human in a different time like during the keyblade wars and died but some part of them lived on...how would a nobody like Xemnas be friends with the ES and how would Xigbar know about the keyblade wars?...I think thatthe ES is sora's father...i just think that towards the end of the secret movie that the ES had a striking resemblance to sora....with the dark brown hair and blue eyes...so im gunna have to say that whatever title this next KH game is...its gotta take place in the past. I hope the secret movie of that game will give us some clue of sora, riku and kairi's next adventure and what the kings message to them was all about.... =)

Kit_Kiama

Obviously the past in this one's opinion. Actually, wasnt this clearly stated once before that this would take place in the past, no?

dark_palladin

well i can honestly say I'm not sure where the next KH game is taking place timeline-wise. if you were to go by Sunset Horizons it would seem to be in the future b/c Sora, Riku, & Mickey's keyblades( if we're going to assume that those belong to them) are stuck in the ground looking quite battered. but if we were to go by Birth by Sleep it would seem like the past for two reasons: 1) the three keyblades aren't there anymore and 2) Mickey's keyblade is the Stargazer, which i think is a downgrade from his keyblade in KH2

Walking_In_Dawn

Also if it were set in the past Mickey would probably not be involved because it did take place most likely before the king set out on his journey.

CHEW ON THAT!!!
How terribly untrue. Had the event taken place in the past, it's quite possible that it could have taken place during the King's training with Yensid, hence the Starseeker keyblade. It's a lot more plausible than the "HA! He's not involved because he wasn't there!" theory.

Yeah. :B

In addition, if the events were to be set in the future, it would not make much sense for Xemnas to address "Aqua's" armor in KHII: FM+ as an old friend, nor for the Enigmatic Soldier to speak of his hatred for Xehanort. What hatred could he have for a man that was long ago defeated (twice) by a 14/15 year old and his animal friends?

...That came out odd. ._.

Way to Dawn

ok it has to be way before KH1... mickey could still have been in training with yen sid like in Fantasia, which is why he has the star seeker. and, like xigbar said, a boy, Xeanhort, was taken in by ansem the wise around the time of these "Keyblade Wars"... this could mean that one of the young soldiers (most likely the ES) could be Xeanhort, but he had lost his memory of the wars. when he finally remembers the war(maybe through "birth by sleep"), he remembers the two soldiers that fought along side him. this could be why he refers to the armor and keyblade of the FS as "old friend"

dark_palladin

ok it has to be way before KH1... mickey could still have been in training with yen sid like in Fantasia, which is why he has the star seeker. and, like xigbar said, a boy, Xeanhort, was taken in by ansem the wise around the time of these "Keyblade Wars"... this could mean that one of the young soldiers (most likely the ES) could be Xeanhort, but he had lost his memory of the wars. when he finally remembers the war(maybe through "birth by sleep"), he remembers the two soldiers that fought along side him. this could be why he refers to the armor and keyblade of the FS as "old friend"

So they changed Xehanort's hair color in-between when he was a knight and when he appeared in KH2...but besides that Nomura said they were all new.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
In the future. Although it will be about investigating the past.

I am sooo smart XD

But that's really what I think.

SifeOner

first off, that game is not going to be called kh3. its been stated several times by nomura himself. secondly, its most likely going to be in the past. that fact that mickey is there with star seeker (the keychain yen sid gave to sora before he left) indicates that he's probably just finished his training with the legendary wizard. there is a possiblity though that he could have some involvement if mickey was the keybearer before sora. he may not have set out on his journey, but when you see him and xehanort in the same scene, its after the scene from the secret ending.

THANK YOU!!!! GOD, NO ONE SEEMS TO GET THAT YET! IT'S NOT KH3!
Also, I know it has to be the past. The area where they fought is calles Sunset Horizons. In Twilight Town, practically everything there is called Sunset something, for example:Sunset Station, Sunset Hill, etc. And if that's not enough for you, if you go to Twilight Town, if you look close enough, you'll see sand dunes right outside of town, which means that Twilight Town must've been built over Sunset Horizon, and the dunes are the remains. Which is why the places start with Sunset. And Mickey is holding the Star Seeker, which is supossedly weaker than the keyblade he has when you see him with in KH2, and at the end of KH1(you know, the Kingdom Key but the colors are reversed from Sora's?), which means that thic occured in the past, because who would use a keyblade so low-class, especially Mickey! So yes, he must've recently finished training with Yen Sid. And the knights in the trailer actually are origins of Sora, Kairi, and Riku. The main soldier would be Riku's origin because he has a hastey personality. The Roxas-look-alike should be Sora's origin, obviously. And the girl, lastly, should be Kairi's origin. But the knight theories are all guesses on my part, but I think it's partly true because why else would Sora, Riku, and Kairi be the main characters of Kingdom Hearts?

EDIT:This is my other theory: I think that in the KH2FM+ secret ending, they are all inside Kingdom Hearts(yeah, call me crazy, but it's JUST a theory. I just believe I'm partially close) and that the knights are like protectors of Kingdom Hearts, and evil squeezed in. So they try to fight it off, obviously. And that the heart that the old guy opens is a pathway out of there for more evil to get in(NOTE:remember in KH1 at the end? There were DarkSides in Kingdom Hearts?). And Mickey was there because he could be(NOTE:again, KH1, you saw Mickey in there at the end). So don't start ripping on me, I know I'm not right, probrably none of us are.

Last edited:

Darkwielder45

i dunno ladies and gents....i jus feel like their is more to sora, riku, and kairi that we don't yet know about...i mean what abou their parents...we all kno sora has a mother...but that's it? I mean they can't all be adopted...thats why i think the ES has such a striking resemblance to Sora, he looks nothing like Xehanort...BHS even tho his name is Ven, could be the original name and body of Roxas and not so much Sora...like i said before If Xemnas, Xigbar have some memories and connecton to the past that means the other nobody's must have some kind of memory or connecion to the past as well, this would include Roxas...I think that BHS may have been an original form of Roxas but died during the keyblade wars and some part of him lived on trhough sora's heart ( how i don't know but i'm jus taking a guess?) Xehanort must be a keyblade wielder but on the good side but not one of the threee soldiers seen in the secret movie...what if those three soldiers were just three of of many soldiers ( kind of like a knights of the round kind of thing...get my drift?) and maybe they could have been the last survivors of the knights who had perished...and if their is a "master of the keyblade" maybe he is stuck inside the Door of Light...and is the creator of the keyblade and King of the keyblade wielders as well as the soldiers...i think we will soon meet this "Master of the Keyblade" when KH comes to an end...and no the next title is not a KH3 it is a prequel..but i think it will be titled "Kingdom Hearts: The Beginning" (catchy isn't it haha)...aside from all my theorizing once again...i def think during the time of this new series they should def make a CGI movie for kingdom hearts much like advent children for final fantasy...i guess Nomura will evenutally let us know soon enough right? All i can actually look forward to right now is Final Fantasy versus XIII and this next KH title and game plus hopefully a north american release of KH2: FM+

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Why do people calle Riku and Kairi main characters? Sora is what you call the main character and protagonist.

Riku and Kairi, I always thought of being secondary characters, which are second in importance to the main one. Roxas, Naminé (I think), and Mickey fit this too. Donald and Goofy, I'm not sure whether they're supporting or secondary.

Anyway...

keybladerxiii said:
i am actually thinking it is an "if you don't learn from the past you will repeat it" situation.

That's exactly what I think. Which is what it probably means when is set in the past (my opinion is that it is in the past, there's much more evidence there), but also pertains to the future.

Nomura already said (I think it was in Another Report, from Nomura? Well, somewhere) that the battered old keyblades in the Secret Ending from KH2 was for the audience to see there was a connection to Sora, Riku, and Kairi. That's why in Final Mix+, the knights (I love that. Everything is based on royalty in KH) used different types of keyblades, the type that the ES used. I call them the "Keyblades Of Yore" :toungesmile:. They weren't using Sora's, Riku's, or Mickey's anymore.

About the connection between Sora-tachi and the knights, it could be anything at this point. They could be related, reincarnation, or simply a connection. I'd say "Ven" though, has definitely some Sora. It would be cool if he was Sora's father, or grandfather even, but we don't know yet.

Anyway, "Birth By Sleep" always keeps popping in (and we have yet to figure that out), and in the new secret movie, like it's said by Nomura, there's a phrase that comes out, "Fate doesn't happen by accident, there is necessity". Which I agree with, BTW.

It reminds me of that Card Captor Sakura quote alot, that was said by Kaho, "There is no coincidence, only hitsuzen".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back