• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
coded2_2.jpg

This is the only picture i can find with Mickey in CODED holding the Star Seeker.
but that was in the journal, not in present time

Allister Rose

French Lover
welli stand corrected, but i still believe that they can be wield by two different people at the same time without holding the original

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
welli stand corrected, but i still believe that they can be wield by two different people at the same time without holding the original

well of course, I think that too.

Just look at the Keyblade Graveyard...all those Keyblades were wielded by different people all at the same time...they all fought in the Keyblade Wars....lol.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hm, so I'd guess there are at least two of the same Keyblades. Seeing Sora and Mickey both own a Star Seeker during the same time period, or Sora lost his. Another possibility would be one is a different keyblade changes only by the keychain into the same keyblade. This wouldn't make too much sense seeing Roxas had two Kingdom Keys that changed into Oathkeeper and Oblivion almost as soon as he summoned them

Allister Rose

French Lover
Hm, so I'd guess there are at least two of the same Keyblades. Seeing Sora and Mickey both own a Star Seeker during the same time period, or Sora lost his. Another possibility would be one is a different keyblade changes only by the keychain into the same keyblade. This wouldn't make too much sense seeing Roxas had two Kingdom Keys that changed into Oathkeeper and Oblivion almost as soon as he summoned them
but in that keyblade graveyard you see hundreds of the same keyblade. one them being fenrir

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
but in that keyblade graveyard you see hundreds of the same keyblade. one them being fenrir

Then I guess it's proven there are multiple keyblades of the same version. That or the people that made the graveyard where hoping no one would notice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Then I guess it's proven there are multiple keyblades of the same version. That or the people that made the graveyard where hoping no one would notice.

Probably the latter. It would take sooo much time to create different Keyblades to fill an entire wasteland :\ Why not just replicate the same ones and hope people won't notice?

(Though it would've been a better move on their part to choose Keyblades other than Fenrir and Sleeping Lion to zoom in on...)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
not really, though the kingdom key used by xon is fake, her death awakened another keyblade in the end.

This is a little off Topic but...
That is not true. That is what was assumed after Days came out. The reason was told in the Ultimania why Roxas and Sora could Dual Wield.

Ven's heart in Sora made Sora and Roxas able to Wield a Second Keyblade.

Now to answer the threads Question,

Like other have said, the ceremony is more of a Rite to Succession.
But that doesn't mean they will wield a Keyblade in the end. There are three steps total.

1) Preform Ceremony
2) Have a Strong Heart
3) Have the Keyblade Choose You

From what we've seen though, the ceremony isn't necessarily needed though. Sora never preformed it, but since he had a strong heart the Keyblade still choose him.

And if they have Steps 1 and 2, the person may still not recieve the Keyblade. Kairi hasn't recieved one, and may never receive it. But she probaby will.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is a little off Topic but...

From what we've seen though, the ceremony isn't necessarily needed though. Sora never preformed it, but since he had a strong heart the Keyblade still choose him.

And if they have Steps 1 and 2, the person may still not recieve the Keyblade. Kairi hasn't recieved one, and may never receive it. But she probaby will.

As much as I understand Sora is a special case, he got his Keyblade because Ven's heart was in his. I'm guessing in a way Ven preformed the right to succession. Also Sora's strong heart snatched the Keyblade from Riku.

Also I think Kairi will be wielding a Keyblade pretty soon. She might be used for the Tutorial mode at the beginning.

Edit: Thanks Sign for reminding me to add the spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As much as i understand Sora is a special case, he got his Keyblade because Ven's heart was in his. I'm guessing in a way Ven preformed the right to succession. Also Sora's strong heart snatched the Keyblade from Riku.

Also I think Kairi will be wielding a Keyblade pretty soon. She might be used for the Tutorial mode at the beginning.

Yeah, we're not in the spoilers section, so you need to tag that statement.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Does anyone think we'll see the ceremony again? I wonder if at the end of KH we'll see Sora doing the Ceremony for some kid.

I kinda have the feeling that one can wield the keyblade of the one who preformed the ceremony as if it where one's own keyblade. Aqua seemed to do this with Eraqus' after finding it.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I don't think it was clearly stated, but it's heavily implied.

Actually it was clearly stated. ME said that Yen Sid was a former Keyblade master, but by the time of BBS he has retired.

Anyways the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony is really a rite of succesion. Basicaly it's a keyblade wielder choosing someone to be their apprentice and wield a keyblade one day.

Aquaman OS

If you have the ceremony you can use any Keyblade so long as the person using it doesn't object.

siegleeagle

I had a keyblade ceremony once........ it was painful and embarrassing.... jk, anyway (going back to the keychain topic) i think that keychains are like a spiritual conductor of a person or world augmenting a keyblades normal powers. Hence why Sora can have the star seeker, because they keychain allowed him to use some of Yensid's powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back