• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keep on wondering...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

granddaddypurps

Do you like Utada's japanese version of Sanctuary?
I like it more, because it sounds like she is truely using her voice, to the fullest potential :]

Attemisc

I always prefer the original versions over the English versions because it sounds more natural. It all just flows together more, whereas the English lyrics had to be forced to fit in with the tempo and match the syllables of the Japanese versions. Basically, Japanese = natural flow and English = forced

And on an unrelated and personal note (in response to your signature) - a friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better =)

Waterkeeper511

I always prefer the original versions over the English versions because it sounds more natural. It all just flows together more, whereas the English lyrics had to be forced to fit in with the tempo and match the syllables of the Japanese versions. Basically, Japanese = natural flow and English = forced

And on an unrelated and personal note (in response to your signature) - a friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better =)

Normally I agree, but you do know that Utada created "Sanctuary" and then was pressured by her label to create a Japanese version/single later....right?

Attemisc

Normally I agree, but you do know that Utada created "Sanctuary" and then was pressured by her label to create a Japanese version/single later....right?
So what you're saying is Utada wrote the English song specifically for a Japanese video game and THEN she was pressured by her label to write a Japanese version which we heard first and then had to wait months upon months until we heard the original version?

I somehow doubt that for some reason.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
sine the Japanese kh was released first i guess that utada made the Japanese version first
then she was pressured to make an English version for the english kh game

Last edited:

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Even if she was forced, the English one wasn't bad at all. I do like the Japanese one better though, sung with more passion(no pun intended) especially since it has the background voice. But like Attemisc said. Japanese version = natural flow. Utada's Japanese voice > English voice. Not saying her English singing is bad.

I wouldn't really say forced.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Passion has a lot more to it than Sanctuary, especially the back up vocals in the "In you and I" part, it makes it so much deeper... and then on a surround sound setting, it's even better. Even though that said, I still like Sanctuary more because I heard it and loved it first

And this probably should be in another section =/

DarkGuardian

I prefer her Japanese songs.
It's a lot more... smooth, if you like.
But I always like reading the lyrics aswell, or at least listening to them. So I always check out the english version.
It's pretty hard to find accurate subbed songs...

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Do you like Utada's japanese version of Sanctuary?
I like it more, because it sounds like she is truely using her voice, to the fullest potential :]

lol the japanese version has always been better than the USA (I thought Simple and Clean remix was the best).
I still think they should keep the Japan song over the USA who cares if no one can understand it. It sounds better and fits KH more.

granddaddypurps

Oh, wait I mean, wasn't the game made FIRST for japanese, didn't this mean she HAD to record for the japanese game first? Then forced it into english to follow the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back